\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

After two months and 10 days, the DMV finally cleared the title on my new (to me) project car.

It will be delivered in one hour!

2018 Audi R8 RWS in Ibis White and Express Red.
12k miles.

image000000.jpeg

he original shaped one) that has over 4,200 songs. And since I don't have my iTunes on a computer, I do have my library backed up on 7 DVDs) all the new ones don't work with an older iPod. S

Why not just transition over to streaming like Itunes or Spotify on your phone? When you upgrade to a new headunit, you'll have carplay and be able to play your music that way. I still have my ipod as well in the 911 as a backup but I've rarely used it since all my music comes from my phone.

Big Willow is an intense track, especially for a newbie. Takes a lot of balls to drive it fast (ie. flat out through turn 6/7/8 . Especially how turn 9 seemingly comes out of nowhere, and given the elevation of the pavement vs. the dirt/grass, you absolutely do NOT want to go off track because you will cause major damage to your car.

Buttonwillow is much more technical (and forgiving). Give that a try if you ever get a chance.
Yeah, I slowly got faster in 6/7/8 throughout the day, and eventually got into 3-digits for those turns. I was definitely aware of the decreasing radius and loose soil at the end of turn 9. I only got up to 136 mph on the front straight because I was being conservative in turn 9. I do plan to try Buttonwillow in the next couple track days.

We did have an S2k crash on turn 3. It snap oversteered and flipped over when it hit the bank. Luckily, the driver was ok and got pulled out. I was in turn 1 when the red flag came out.

Why not just transition over to streaming like Itunes or Spotify on your phone? When you upgrade to a new headunit, you'll have carplay and be able to play your music that way. I still have my ipod as well in the 911 as a backup but I've rarely used it since all my music comes from my phone.

Call me sentimental, lol. Just having certain songs I created abd playlists I have from concerts I went to, just want to keep it with me. I have to get a laptop to load my old iTunes library to, but if there is a program that will rip the music from my iPod to a flash drive, that's all I really need. 👍

Would y’all rather have a 2020 BMW M2 or a 2020 Dodge Charger?

It was a convo at work the other day and I was just curious what you guys thought. 👀

Would y’all rather have a 2020 BMW M2 or a 2020 Dodge Charger?

It was a convo at work the other day and I was just curious what you guys thought. 👀
I wouldn’t go lower than a M3 but also don’t want a charger because it’s a 4 door. Gimme a challenger scat pack despite its hood reputation. The challenger is the real charger, they butchered the name making it a 4 door.

I'm paying 950 after tax for mine 114,500 MSRP @ 12k miles/year. 3500 down.

Model Y price dropped again last night. IDK if I sit on it until it hits Dollar General or 99 Cents store or sell it now for a heavy loss.
The goal is for the price to continue to decrease. Then with a possible refresh coming it mighg make sense to get rid of it now if that’s your concern

So challenger > charger in your opinion? I’m new to cars so I’m genuinely askin

Yeah I think they were talkin abt a scat
The OG charger is a 2 door akin to the modern day challenger. Dodge goofed making the new chargers 4 door. Challenger sounds cooler but its really the modern day dodge charger from the 60s-70s. The dodge demon(powerhouse) only dropped as a challenger(2 door)

Last edited:

this is what everyone should be putting their resources into, everything already on the road would be carbon neutral.

hell of a lot greener than forcing you to drop 100k on an inferior product. Chile is probably gonna get nuked for this but it's :pimp:

The OG charger is a 2 door akin to the modern day challenger. Dodge goofed making the new chargers 4 door. Challenger sounds cooler but its really the modern day dodge charger from the 60s-70s. The dodge demon(powerhouse) only dropped as a challenger(2 door)

You do know the challenger was also a 2 door in the 70s on the E body platform? So it's not a modern day charger.

Yes Charger's were 2 doors on the b body platform as a midsize rwd car., but it doesn't make sense for Chrysler to have two 2 door muscle cars for sale today . Made sense for them to turn the charger into 4 a door sedan from a business perspective.

Nice pickup.

RWS is/was definitely *the* R8 to buy.

I think so too, I know at the time people kind of disliked them, but I believe in time that will change. The car drives better than expected, I’ve really missed RWD since getting the Targa. Brings me back to my first C2S with the incredibly light and direct turn-in, and NA motor. The RWS is a keeper for sure. I’m already in love with it.

It’s so much car for the price point.

So today's Challenger is def not the modern day Dodge Charger. The original run of the OG Challengers was from 1970-1974. Today's present day Challengers are the modern version of those original models. The Challengers from 2008-2014 mimicked styling cues of the 1970 Challenger, egg carton grill & long bar taillights.

The Challengers from 2015-present day mimick the styling cues of the 1971 Challenger...shaker hood, split grill & split bar taillights. The modern day Challenger is in no way related to the Chargers of the 60s/70s. I 100% agree with you that Dodge goofed making the new Chargers 4 door. If they made the modern Charger a 2 door then it would've been repetitive with 2 coupes. The Challenger serves the crowd who want true-to-the-bone old-school muscle styling & correct amount of doors & the Charger gets all the same powertrains(minus the Demon) with 4 doors for those who want to have some fun but also have passengers to haul around.

Reactions: ace
I'm paying 950 after tax for mine 114,500 MSRP @ 12k miles/year. 3500 down.

Model Y price dropped again last night. IDK if I sit on it until it hits Dollar General or 99 Cents store or sell it now for a heavy loss.
the interior on that merc is pretty nice,
I think so too, I know at the time people kind of disliked them, but I believe in time that will change. The car drives better than expected, I’ve really missed RWD since getting the Targa. Brings me back to my first C2S with the incredibly light and direct turn-in, and NA motor. The RWS is a keeper for sure. I’m already in love with it.

It’s so much car for the price point.
thats what people don't get about the r8 yea sure its not as flash as a lambo or mclaren or has turbos but for everyday driving its truly a fun fun car that v10 is a fun motor

Some pics from delivery. I love how the car drives, I already have some lowering springs and forged wheels for the car, but I am gonna hold off for a bit because I am enjoying the drive a lot right now. Car was in pristine condition and so well taken care of. Don't see myself driving the Targa for a few weeks at least.

IMG_4358.jpeg

IMG_4362.jpeg

So today's Challenger is def not the modern day Dodge Charger. The original run of the OG Challengers was from 1970-1974. Today's present day Challengers are the modern version of those original models. The Challengers from 2008-2014 mimicked styling cues of the 1970 Challenger, egg carton grill & long bar taillights.

The Challengers from 2015-present day mimick the styling cues of the 1971 Challenger...shaker hood, split grill & split bar taillights. The modern day Challenger is in no way related to the Chargers of the 60s/70s. I 100% agree with you that Dodge goofed making the new Chargers 4 door. If they made the modern Charger a 2 door then it would've been repetitive with 2 coupes. The Challenger serves the crowd who want true-to-the-bone old-school muscle styling & correct amount of doors & the Charger gets all the same powertrains(minus the Demon) with 4 doors for those who want to have some fun but also have passengers to haul around.
I’m not a dodge guy so thanks for the lesson. I was more or less speaking to the fact that chargers were coupes back in the day.

Some pics from delivery. I love how the car drives, I already have some lowering springs and forged wheels for the car, but I am gonna hold off for a bit because I am enjoying the drive a lot right now. Car was in pristine condition and so well taken care of. Don't see myself driving the Targa for a few weeks at least.

IMG_4358.jpeg

IMG_4362.jpeg
Does this year have the gated shifter?

Back
Top Bottom