\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

If you can't afford the real thing don't go that Pep Boys special route, save up

Last edited:

knockoff wheels
sick.gif
Agreed to a certain extent, but not everyone can afford 3-4K for the real thing.  Ordered a set of Work Meister S1R 2-piece in bright buff finish in size 17 front and 18 for the back for my 97 NSX.  Can't wait to get them in, but they were pricey and its a 12-14 week custom build wait from Japan!  Will post when I get them in and fitted.  Here is a shot of them on a Skyline:

I got a ticket for doing 77 in a 65 zone its the free way everybody is over the speed limit. Then a ticket for a 35 in 25 I thought the speed limit was 35. My first tickets ever been in the same month.

I actually own 2. The VR-4 is a pain, I'll give you that, but my base has been nothing but reliable. Had the clutch slave cylinder go, but besides regular maintenance, It's been smooth sailing. It's slow, but that's what the VR-4 is for. I plan on it having 500 AWHP by the end of the summer. Just got new paint, dual core front mount intercooler, new, bigger turbos, full fluid change. It just needs injectors, ECU, and fuel pump so I can run E85.

Here's a picture of my car (daily) and some friends at a recent meet.

:smh::x:x:smokin

Lawwwd

neighbor got a twin tturbo stealth thats also about as reliable as flipping a coin but man these cars will alwaysssss have a special place n my heart
:smokin

Last edited:
Then you got hella rich guys like Jay Leno and Lebron who drive AMERICAN MUSCLE... You think they're buying it for the luxury package? No.
...and you think Lebron James bought a Challenger SRT8 and Camaro SS for their performance? Hogwash. He bought them because they're whats hot in the streets where he came from and he could afford the top of the line model(s) ten times over without blinking.
Just like I stated before, a mans car says a lot about himself. People buy cars for different reasons.

Your taste is your taste. Just because something is your type, that doesn't make it the RIGHT type for everyone.
Totally agreed. This thread has turned into an all out pissing match that's going nowhere but in circles. It started off pretty well...
And at the end of the day, that guy has a Toyota trying to make it the best car he's ever built/driven/raced. I'm sure he couldn't care less about a Lambo if he's packing 1000hp. The Totyota supra is one of the most iconic Japanese cars ever... Just as iconic in its own right as a Lambo. I doubt he's THAT jealous.
You spoke about compensation before when it came to luxury cars, and its no different in the price/performance argument. At the end of the day, you're still comparing a heavily modified vehicle with thousands invested to one that's rolled off the factory floor, albeit with a (much) higher price tag. That particular person bought the Lamborghini because he/she wanted the Lambo. They could've afforded the 1,000HP Supra, too, if desired. The same probably cannot be said about the person with a Supra easily affording the Lamborghini.

Saying you can modify the V6 version to keep up with the V8 is irrelevant. With the amount spent to do that, you could've acquired the higher trim and still retained all the drivability, reliability, warranty, and resale value of an unmolested stock vehicle. There's absolutely no return on the money "invested" in aftermarket parts and the car is then marketable to a much smaller group of buyers.

Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and other exotic cars provide plenty more than the just raw test numbers that so many are quick to scoff at. There's an indescribable aura type feeling and excitement the provide, whether you're driving, passenger, or even watching it pull up. For most, that's more worth the price of admission.

10 max over the speed limit? where the hell do you guys live?

in michigan your lucky if they give you 5 over as a cushion

Michigan is broke so tickets are a source of revenue.

Ive got 1 moving violation in 10 years of driving in texas and I drive like I stole it.

I used to get pulled over every month in Michigan

well im referring to the suburbs, they got enough money up here. Ive gotten pulled over for 20 over and got let go with a warning. thing is, he could have given me a ticket easily because i didnt have my license :lol:

Other then a lil pilot speed

Camera program around schools

A hour before or after hours most people go brisk

In da streets of NY....

Man the suburbs were where they kept getting me. :smh:

I had a little Mazda with Texas plates and they kept frying me.

I did spring break at a ski resort up by Traverse City got pulled over and they straight didn't believe my car was mine.

Ended up getting arrested on some mistaken identity ****. I would have sat in jail for 3 days if Washtenaw county didn't fax a picture of the dude they said I was. :smh:

vw/audi community ppl throw on reps all the time............there are really good quality reps out there though.

i got my 18s on the way...............changing my DRLs to LEDs an my H7 bulbs to philips crystal vision ultras.....(all in route)...minor upgrades but a big difference

i still dont have tint yet.......im just busy off days i gotta use some PTO

Last edited:
I didnt know pep boys sold wheels :lol:

I had BBS LM reps on my Lexus and never had someone come talk **** or even think they were reps...

3k wheels on a civic doesn't make much since to being with...

I hope you didn't have a bbs centercap on them :lol:

people knockin rep wheels now? SMH

a wheel is a wheel, if they look good im copping. of course its good to buy the real thing but especially for mopars they only have replica viper wheels. they dont make the actual things except for the viper :lol:

looks clean imo

an if you did have the caps i bet monday wouldnt even question it if he seen that car in person on a normal NYC day

he woulda just been concerned if ya had a drop or not. lol

Last edited:
people knockin rep wheels now? SMH

a wheel is a wheel, if they look good im copping. of course its good to buy the real thing but especially for mopars they only have replica viper wheels. they dont make the actual things except for the viper :lol:
Replica wheels are cheap for a reason. They're cast not forged and usually pretty crappy. Quality costs but it also saves lives.

vw/audi community ppl throw on reps all the time............there are really good quality reps out there though.

i got my 18s on the way...............changing my DRLs to LEDs an my H7 bulbs to philips crystal vision ultras.....(all in route)...minor upgrades but a big difference

i still dont have tint yet.......im just busy off days i gotta use some PTO
Yeah its just another thing for people in this thread to argue about lol... Wheels are more for bragin rights at meets...

But then when you hit that curb it dont matter how much your wheels are worth they are gettin ****** up 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom