\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

know them feels of it scraping here and there at stock :lol:

just be more conscious of dips/speed bumps driveways etc you always wanna go slow on them either way

Last edited:
Shortshifter and weighted knob that much of a difference? My 3rd gear pops out so much on my Si, heard a shortshifter could fix that.

Abyone know a local shop aroubd NYC that sells knobs?

Shortshifter and weighted knob that much of a difference? My 3rd gear pops out so much on my Si, heard a shortshifter could fix that.

Abyone know a local shop aroubd NYC that sells knobs?
does your 3rd gear pop out when the engine is cold?  if so you might be able to just replace your transmission fluid.  if it pops out when the engine is warm that means your gear synchros are gone.  meaning the teeth on the gears are gone. 

shortshifter will give you quicker but rougher gear engagement.  weighted knobs smooth each throw, so these two paired together are great.  but they will not fix your problem. 

does your 3rd gear pop out when the engine is cold?  if so you might be able to just replace your transmission fluid.  if it pops out when the engine is warm that means your gear synchros are gone.  meaning the teeth on the gears are gone. 

shortshifter will give you quicker but rougher gear engagement.  weighted knobs smooth each throw, so these two paired together are great.  but they will not fix your problem. 

3rd gear just sucks on 08 Si's. Its a known problem that dealerships will fix, I just havent had time nor do I know if im still covered. Bought the car used with 50k miles.

3rd gear just sucks on 08 Si's. Its a known problem that dealerships will fix, I just havent had time nor do I know if im still covered. Bought the car used with 50k miles.
yea my previous 6 speed ('03 sentra spec v) had a ****** 3rd gear too.  it used to crunch into 3rd especially at high rpm.  like i couldn't even get into 3rd sometimes when shifting close to redline.  an aftermarket, thicker gear oil, that was full synthetic helped a lot.  much smoother shifting, and never missed.

Is 350 outrageous for repainting a fender? Only has minor scratches on one side but guy said they had to Repaint the whole thing. That's what's shops round my way are charging.

Back
Top Bottom