\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

my mom said after my semester is over she's gonna help me get w/e i want. its really a coin flip on whether i wanna do old school muscle

and go da resto mod/pro touring route, or get me one of these modern classics before they stop making em again.

first things first though, i already made a pact that i was gettin my piece before da end of da year so thats on top of my priority list.

Pleighbois, how old are you?

I always assumed you were like 30, or just under 30.

just under 30, i turn three O in october.

Jesus christ guys, can't we just appreciate other people's whips?

I'm not saying we need to give props to the neighbors Civic doing an Italian tune up at 8 AM, but the slandering is also unnecessary. I'm cool with FWD V6's AND 7 Liter V8s.

I drive a 2008 Acura Tl Type S and a 1986 VW GTI. I always say "my next car will be a muscle car" but I never follow through. I don't see why car fans can be just that- car fans.

My dad has a 1956 Ford Crown Victoria that is getting restored soon, nothing special we plan on going original. This cars been in the family longer than I have but I still would drive an import. (and I do)

My buddy had a 1971 Monte Carlo and every time he would give me a ride, I'd log onto Craiglist and see what I could possibly buy lol and I still do.

Wash and clay bar today

Last edited:
:lol: word, especially when you compare them to cars in their same price tag, its no contest.

But that's not how you compare cars, noob.

Cars are tailored toward different markets

da hell you talkin about b :lol: u sounding like da uber noob, pick up a car mag some time duke, they compare

cars based on PRICE and class (sedan, coupe, SUV)

everytime you attempt slander at muscle cars you end up putting your foot in your mouth.

Last edited:
I don't care what you read in a magazine :lol:

You think someone is comparing a 335 coupe to a srt challenger or camaro ss? Because they're in the same price class?

You too busy reading car & driver..instead of using real life experiences.

Should i get the chevy or the benz? SAID BY NO ONE EVER.

Last edited:
I think the argument is pretty tired. As a car enthusiast you've got to simply appreciate other people's passion and what they prefer, even if it's not your style.

I think the argument is pretty tired. As a car enthusiast you've got to simply appreciate other people's passion and what they prefer, even if it's not your style.

I love Muscle cars

But..living in the 5 boroughs, there is no purpose for it.

You can't enjoy it. At all.

And, on top of that, you parking that car on the street.

I'll pass.

You think someone is comparing a 335 coupe to a srt challenger or camaro ss? Because they're in the same price class?

oh really?

your own foot must taste like gourmet to you or something...

:lol:

you like 0-5 wit me b

people like you are da reason i gained a interest in muscle cars when i was a youngin, i remember someone dissing

a 70' chevelle SS i seen in NYC and couldn't come up with no reason not to like it other then "well its cuz its a chevy"

i was like "nah...people can't be that brain dead can they?" especially when you compare what they're favorite brands

were dropping around da same time (hondas, toyotas, benz, bimmer, :x :lol: )

Last edited:
A magazine article means people that are actually buying these cars are cross-shopping the 2?

Your logic is on another planet :lol:

Whoever could afford the m3 didn't cop the mustang

And whoever could afford the amg damn sure didn't cop the srt.

It was said by me 4 months ago and I bought Da Hemi

A magazine article means people that are actually buying these cars are cross-shopping the 2?

Your logic is on another planet :lol:

Whoever could afford the m3 didn't cop the mustang

And whoever could afford the amg damn sure didn't cop the srt.

umm yes they do, because guess what, their subscribers DEMAND it...cuz last time i checked you were more well informed

on da buying public then automotive journalist that been reviewing cars longer then you been born... :rolleyes :lol:

bong bong...

monday stop being a brand douche bag..its disgusting :lol:

You bought an R/T challenger, right?

That car is slower than

Maxima 6mt(12 second car with bolt-ons)
Altima 3.5
i35i

...and the list goes on.

so..if anything, you lost if you bought the car for it's "performance"

At least you got the hemi, though :smokin

Be honest with yourself and say you settled for the cheaper car..or you bought it 'cus you liked it more.

You didn't buy it cus it was faster..cus it's not.

According to motortrend
Our mere automatic 2012 335i, down a turbo and supposedly 20 horsepower and 32 lb-ft, reached 60 mph in 4.7 seconds and the quarter mile in 13.3 sec at 103.9 mph. That's right on pace with a Camaro SS, assuming it's driven well.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1202_2012_bmw_335i_first_test/

That's the sedan, too.

When we first tested the Challenger R/T, we recorded a 0-60 time of 5.1 seconds. For 2011 that number drops to 5 seconds flat. In the quarter mile the old car banged off a 13.6 second run at 104.9 mph compared to the new car's run of 13.5 seconds at 105.9 mph
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/1011_2011_dodge_challenger_rt_test/viewall.html

I would've compared it to the 2012 R/T, but motortrend doesn't have a review.

I'm goin' to bed now

Sonnin' you _s got me tired.

aka you tired of taking L,

read da article before you quote :lol:

Our mere automatic 2012 335i, down a turbo and supposedly 20 horsepower and 32 lb-ft, reached 60 mph in 4.7 seconds and the quarter mile in 13.3 sec at 103.9 mph. That's right on pace with a Camaro SS, assuming it's driven well.

you're paying WAY more for a 335i to only be as fast as a camaro ss that costs thousands upon thousands less? :rofl:

Last edited:

You bought an R/T challenger, right?

That car is slower than

Maxima 6mt(12 second car with bolt-ons)
Altima 3.5
i35i

...and the list goes on.

so..if anything, you lost if you bought the car for it's "performance"

At least you got the hemi, though :smokin

Be honest with yourself and say you settled for the cheaper car..or you bought it 'cus you liked it more.

You didn't buy it cus it was faster..cus it's not.

According to motortrend

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1202_2012_bmw_335i_first_test/

That's the sedan, too.

When we first tested the Challenger R/T, we recorded a 0-60 time of 5.1 seconds. For 2011 that number drops to 5 seconds flat. In the quarter mile the old car banged off a 13.6 second run at 104.9 mph compared to the new car's run of 13.5 seconds at 105.9 mph
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/1011_2011_dodge_challenger_rt_test/viewall.html

I would've compared it to the 2012 R/T, but motortrend doesn't have a review.

I'm goin' to bed now

Sonnin' you _s got me tired.

It's faster than a brand new Mercedes and a
BMW at the 35k price point.

You compared two cars that have a 18k difference as tested

Last edited:
You, are living my dream.

Ha, thanks. That dream could probably become a reality, man. These cars have hit rock bottom in terms of their value, at least here in southern California. For what they sell for you get a whole lot of car. It is a 30 year old S class, though. Maintenance costs are killer if you cannot work on it yourself. I do everything myself and that's the only way I can justify owning it on my college student budget.

Great cars though, I love this one like a family member. I would never trade it even for today's equivalent CL550....well I would just so I could sell the new Benz and start a collection of classics :smokin

Last edited:
One more thing to take a look at the cost of a used 2011 srt8 challenger goes for and compare it to what a used 2011 335i goes for.

Trade in on the Challenger is 5k more despite the car stickering for 10k less.

Last edited:

you're paying WAY more for a 335i to only be as fast as a camaro ss that costs thousands upon thousands less? :rofl:

Price aside, You don't see a problem with a heavy 335i sedan being as fast as a camaro ss coupe? The car you praise for being a monster?

Say you bought the car cus you couldn't afford a bmw then.

If your limit was 35, you ain't have bmw money in the first place. You'd barely be able to afford a bare bones 1 series

Unless you're one of them cats that wanted a 3 series with 80k miles.

If you cross shopped the 2, why did you settle for the r/t? It's clear that it wasn't performance.

And no, a challenger srt does not start at 40k

It starts at 47.

When your muscle car can be spanked by an "econo box" with simple bolt-on's, you have a problem.'

One more thing to take a look at the cost of a used 2011 srt8 challenger goes for and compare it to what a used 2011 335i goes for.

Why did you even post this

Too many variables have to be put on the table to determine what you'll get on a trade in

Things like

down payment
your credit
the condition of your the car you're trading in

Stop reaching.

Last edited:

so much for "American cars not holding their value"

Price aside, You don't see a problem with a heavy 335i sedan being as fast as a camaro ss coupe? The car you praise for being a monster?

Say you bought the car cus you couldn't afford a bmw then.

If your limit was 35, you ain't have bmw money in the first place. You'd barely be able to afford a bare bones 1 series

Unless you're one of them cats that wanted a 3 series with 80k miles.

If you cross shopped the 2, why did you settle for the r/t? It's clear that it wasn't performance.

And no, a challenger srt does not start at 40k

It starts at 47.

When your muscle car can be spanked by an "econo box" with simple bolt-on's, you have a problem.'

Why did you even post this

Too many variables have to be put on the table to determine what you'll get on a trade in

Things like

down payment
your credit
the condition of your the car you're trading in

Stop reaching.

Two things.

First go to Dodge's website see what an Srt 8 starts at.

Two go to kbb.com pick a 2011 335i with all the options and 31500 miles and input a 2011 srt8 with the same options and get back to me.

It's the Information Age man.

I didn't make this **** up

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom