Post Your Motorcycle

Yeah Wednesday was most definitely bike weather. Rode around for a couple hours in the afternoon.

IMG_20180221_172351-01.jpeg

Im planning on doing a tour to colorado springs on the scrambler this summer from dallas. Of course my main objective is to climb pikes peak!

Anyone have experience with carburetor cleaning? My bike is probably long overdue.
How difficult is it relative to something like an oil change?

it's def not as easy as an oil change. I cleaned one on my 1987 Honda Rebel a few years back and it was quite tedious. there are a lot of parts that you need to take off and soak. For what it's worth..i'm FAR from being a handy mechanic and was able to do it. I would highly recommend finding a diagram of the carb you're working on and go step by step. Make sure to take pictures before you remove each piece so you have an idea on where things go. I wouldn't say it's too difficult..just very annoying and tedious. Good luck.

it's def not as easy as an oil change. I cleaned one on my 1987 Honda Rebel a few years back and it was quite tedious. there are a lot of parts that you need to take off and soak. For what it's worth..i'm FAR from being a handy mechanic and was able to do it. I would highly recommend finding a diagram of the carb you're working on and go step by step. Make sure to take pictures before you remove each piece so you have an idea on where things go. I wouldn't say it's too difficult..just very annoying and tedious. Good luck.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the tip. My birthday is on Friday but I'm not doing anything. Instead I'm gonna celebrate on Saturday by watching Infinity War, changing my oil and cleaning my carb, then partying in Brooklyn. It's gonna be a good day.

hoops n hp!

bikes n baskets by a0, on Flickr

Always awestruck by your fairings, did you do the graphics yourself?

I think my petcock is all messed up, gotta check the vacuum line when I have time this weekend. I never got to clean my carbs because the screw were tight as hell and I didn't wanna risk breaking them. Instead I just dumped a bunch of Seafoam in my tank :lol:. Bike still runs smooth but only when I have my petcock set to PRIME.

Always awestruck by your fairings, did you do the graphics yourself?

I think my petcock is all messed up, gotta check the vacuum line when I have time this weekend. I never got to clean my carbs because the screw were tight as hell and I didn't wanna risk breaking them. Instead I just dumped a bunch of Seafoam in my tank :lol:. Bike still runs smooth but only when I have my petcock set to PRIME.

nah i wish, there’re chinese fairings (if you look close you can see the figment is off)...it’s actually a variant of a the honda “graffiti” colorway of the og fairings of the bike (i still have the og set, just kept the lowers fairings & the front fender because i though it looked better and #bonus it wouldn’t look as dirty as the white now does)...

man, i don’t miss riding carbureted!

Saw a Busa today on the highway and got to thinking it may be time for a new bike.

Then this thread pops up and I’m even more convinced :lol:

Reactions: ASE
Back
Top Bottom