Post Your Motorcycle

I just got this '14 cbr 500r

and my little brother got this '13 cbr 250r repsol

What's a nice cruiser for a first time rider?

I'm 5'11 and 200lbs

I've been wanting to get my own because theres no reason for me to have a car and I hate driving

Does anyone else keep up with MotoGP? Just watched the grand prix of Germany. Marquez has been destroying all his competition.

[/quote]
Bru
bruh ******* **** bruh that ************ is haaaaaaaarrrrrrrd :lol:

Take care of it for me :lol:

haha, and here i thought hondas didn't get any love round these parts...these cratered & pothole streets up here in the northeast are rough almost lost my license plate holder for the second time outchea...

Does anyone else keep up with MotoGP? Just watched the grand prix of Germany. Marquez has been destroying all his competition.

i don't really keep up but i check in every so often and i follow rossi & motogp on IG, what's funny is marquez (#teamhonda) crashes in qualifying almost every week...he's always seems to be in the front row & in beastmode come race time tho!!!

Last edited:
Yeah he does crash in qualifying quite a bit. Did it this weekend as well. Came around a corner and accidentally shifted to third, went high side. He's money when it counts though.

haha, and here i thought hondas didn't get any love round these parts...these cratered & pothole streets up here in the northeast are rough almost lost my license plate holder for the second time outchea...
i don't really keep up but i check in every so often and i follow rossi & motogp on IG, what's funny is marquez (#teamhonda) crashes in qualifying almost every week...he's always seems to be in the front row & in beastmode come race time tho!!![/quote]

nah bruh i mess with honda i'll probably ride honda my whole career until i get old and grab a harley you know how it goes

i don't really keep up but i check in every so often and i follow rossi & motogp on IG, what's funny is marquez (#teamhonda) crashes in qualifying almost every week...he's always seems to be in the front row & in beastmode come race time tho!!!

nah bruh i mess with honda i'll probably ride honda my whole career until i get old and grab a harley you know how it goes

definitely but I just can't picture myself on a harley...but when that day does come i'll be on a cafe/streetfighter style bike...

the other day I was riding and these pothole riddled boston streets caused by fender eliminator to snap...only i didn't notice until i got back to my place that my license was hitting my rear wheel...sidelined again...

one mo' pic:

photoshoot phresh part II by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

Planning on starting to ride next spring/summer but I am torn between the Ninja 300 and CBR300R.  Can anyone experienced help me out to differentiate the two? 

Planning on starting to ride next spring/summer but I am torn between the Ninja 300 and CBR300R.  Can anyone experienced help me out to differentiate the two? 

Neither one, start with at least a 600 otherwise you will get bored quick and bike will be for sale within 6 months, it never fails

Last edited:
Neither one, start with at least a 600 otherwise you will get bored quick and bike will be for sale within 6 months, it never fails
That would pretty much be one season.  How much money would I lose on the bike if I bought one and then sold it once I got bored? 

Yup. Get a 600 and call it a day.

Agrees with these to. U just gotta be easy with it n patient. Unless u feel uncomfortable with a 600 n
Prefer a 300/250.
The I say get a 250/300 that's used. Never get a new bike unless ur
An experienced rider n know wut u want to a teeeeeee.
That would pretty much be one season.  How much money would I lose on the bike if I bought one and then sold it once I got bored? 
Its realative bro.
So many
Factors. But just realize that a new bike can is diff to sale at blue book most of the time.
Beware of low ballers like me :lol:

Welp, might take the classes in mid August to get my licence. Never rode a bike before but said **** it and let me try. Any suggestions?

I know around here, 250s and 300s sit forever because nobody really wants them. The only people looking to buy those are brand new riders or women, which means they don't want to spend a whole lot of money. Definitely don't buy a brand new one because you won't get your money back. I saw a dude who had to drop a Ninja 300 down to $2000 just to try to move it. I almost bought it just to beat the hell out of it... Then I came to my senses.

Listen to the fellas in here. Either go get a used 250 for the super low, or just get a 600. Another word of advice, always look up book values before going to see a bike in person. I quickly realized that many people price their bikes based on sentimentality, and not reality. If you do that you don't have to worry about making a bad deal. KBB and NADA are your friends.

If you have any other questions, post them. This is one of the most helpful threads I have seen on NT in a while.

definitely relative, largely dependent on whether you buy new or used...

as to what you should actually get, i think, contrary to the popular wisdom here, starting small/on a tamer bike is a good idea (with the added benefit that the smaller bike will likely be dirt cheap to insure as a new rider) people get bored on 600s & liter bikes too...yea you might want more power eventually, or you might also find that the 300 (honda's got a few sporty 500cc models too) is all you need, who knows? not advising against a 600, just that a lower cc bike might be a viable option...i would definitely recommend buying used (and either bringing a knowledgeable friend/mechanic, or getting your weight up on what to look for on a used bike), whatever you decide on getting; unless you just want the peace of mind of a new bike...

good luck!

Back
Top Bottom