Post Your Motorcycle

hahaha, i definitely done this on multiple occasions...some of the most fun i've had on my bike!

that's a good list, i wasn't nearly as thorough when i've bought used...i would definitely try to get someone with you that knows what to look for, even if it means paying. otherwise it might be good to hit up a motorcycle shop near you that does inspections & have the seller meet you there for the potential sale & pay for an inspection on the spot before the test ride (even if you don't end up buying the bike have an inspector walk you through how & what to look for might be worth the price of the inspection)

Definitely some of the most memorable moments riding lmao
Funny thing is with the three bikes I've had, each time without fail within the first week of owning I have been caught in some crazy rain. I guess it's just my way of breaking in my new bike haha

After reading my list, it is a lot :rofl:
As soon as I thought of something I just typed it. It's really a list of things I've had friends or read of people complain about things going wrong after buying used or that they wish they had looked over. I was lucky with my first bike, bought it from a trusted friend. That CBR F4i was FUN.

I bought an '07 or '08 R1 a few years back from a dealer in Clearwater, the bike seemed like it had been laid down on the driveway, but with the price I bought it. When I got home in Orlando I noticed during washing that there was a lot more damage that the dealer just tried to hide by fixing the plastics. Rode it right back and got my money back, granted, it was the FIAT edition, it was hard to let go lol

Walter..

How do you guys deal with sellers that say no test rides? Thinking about telling him to meet me at a shop to get it inspected but I'm wondering if that's a red flag?

You have to look at it from their pov. I wouldn't let some Joe ride Chanel either. I have no idea of what the potential buyer's riding ability is. You take it up the block and put it down. Then what? Look it over as throughly as necessary but if I don't know you, no way in hell I'm going to be cool with a test ride. That's why sellers have a cash in hand policy for test rides.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's my boy's 899. I just liked the pic so I used it. I love my Repsol, just got it back from the shop today. New chain and sprocket. Gonna wash it this weekend and ride :smokin

How do you guys deal with sellers that say no test rides? Thinking about telling him to meet me at a shop to get it inspected but I'm wondering if that's a red flag?

not necessarily, though it seems slightly questionable...

You have to look at it from their pov. I wouldn't let some Joe ride Chanel either. I have no idea of what the potential buyer's riding ability is. You take it up the block and put it down. Then what? Look it over as throughly as necessary but if I don't know you, no way in hell I'm going to be cool with a test ride. That's why sellers have a cash in hand policy for test rides.

I wouldn't let anyone test my bike either. When I bought my bike, I didn't test ride it.

i've bought 3 three bike used, and each time the seller at least offered that i take a test ride...

Hey guys, can anyone break down the pros and cons of using an o-ring vs. non o-ring chain?

And can someone recommend a good chain for me to buy? I ride an '04 Suzuki GS500F

Yeah, not sure which one is manufacturer suggested. I was quickly browsing on my phone and it led to some mixed results. Gotta look deeper now that I'm on my laptop.

Anyway, yesterday was a great day for riding. Felt great to be on two wheels for most of the day.

Last edited:
Those pics are great
Thanks!

Spent a good part of the day in that area. I suggest anyone that lives in the NY TriState Area take the trip out on the bike. Always seems to be a crowd of bikes hanging around there whenever I swing by.

Hawk's Nest on the Upper Delaware for anyone interested.

Finally picked up my bike this Saturday. Still waiting on the title from the seller, but was able to put my old plates on and took a spin around a parking lot to get used to the bigger bike. Quite a big difference compared to my rebel 450.

Last edited:
Going to take the class for my license next month and while I window shop for bikes, what are your guys thoughts on a Yamaha FZ6R? I only plan on commuting to and from work on local streets since I don't trust these NJ/NYC highway drivers.

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2014-Yamaha-FZ6R-112532526

The F6ZR is a solid bike for new riders that can you won't get tired off. I demo'd one a couple weeks back and it was fun to ride. I'm a fairly new rider (3 months) and you just got to ease into the bike. To go crazy on the throttle and build up rider confidence. It has a nice power range that is perfect for commuting and a comfortable upright position.

I think a bodystyle/engine change is coming soon from Yamaha since the same bike has been the same since 2010, but still a great bike.

The FZ6R is an amazing first bike. Yolanda... she was my first. The torquey motor and the way she's geared makes city riding a breeze. There are certain limitations that come with highway riding, due to that same gearing though. Don't expect more than about 70-80 mph on the highway. The bike looks sleek and the riding position is comfortable. Easy to afford and maintain. Hope I helped.

The FZ6R is an amazing first bike. Yolanda... she was my first. The torquey motor and the way she's geared makes city riding a breeze. There are certain limitations that come with highway riding, due to that same gearing though. Don't expect more than about 70-80 mph on the highway. The bike looks sleek and the riding position is comfortable. Easy to afford and maintain. Hope I helped.

I think that's all I need to know, Thanks. I don't plan on much highway riding and I think 70-80mph will be way faster than I need. I plan on being a suburban street rider :lol:

Cool. You're golden then. Glad I could assist.

Sidenote: Have you guys seen the 2015 Repsol 1Ks? Joints are sooooo CLEAN. I've always been a fan of that color scheme but the addition of the white trim is amazing. 18k sticker price though... No bueno lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom