Post Your Motorcycle

Yeah, I love the new Repsol. There's a Repsol SP for 18 and a regular Repsol for 15. Happy Honda got their **** together and stopped the Repsol 250 and 600. Those were a slap in the face.

Oh I didn't know they clipped those. Good riddance. Clear money grab on their part. Fortunately I never actually saw anyone ride a Repsol 250. I couldn't imagine that conversation going well. So is the SP the one with the white trim?

Going to take the class for my license next month and while I window shop for bikes, what are your guys thoughts on a Yamaha FZ6R? I only plan on commuting to and from work on local streets since I don't trust these NJ/NYC highway drivers.

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2014-Yamaha-FZ6R-112532526

depending on where you live, local streets have so much more to consider than the highways...on the highways besides the speed and the big rigs, but everyone is going the same way. on the streets there are pedestrians, lights, intersections, manhole covers, road paint, on top of opposite direction traffic and having to switch gears. never rode a fz6r, i'm sure it's cool, there are quite a few options in this same type. good luck!

Oh I didn't know they clipped those. Good riddance. Clear money grab on their part. Fortunately I never actually saw anyone ride a Repsol 250. I couldn't imagine that conversation going well. So is the SP the one with the white trim?

I saw a 250 in DC one day, I was livid.

Both versions are white, the SP Repsol just has those SP features. Brakes, suspension and all of that.

Yeah, Google the 2014 CBR 1000 SP. Got great reviews and supposedly made a big difference. Great color, gold rims. So they'll apply that technology to the Repsol.

2014 SP there were less than 1000 produced. Rumored around 500 bikes. They were almost 18K but they're on sale for around 14 now.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to pull the trigger on an S1000RR. If I can find one with low mileage when I get back, I'll scoop it. I like the things that I've been reading about it.

Going to take the class for my license next month and while I window shop for bikes, what are your guys thoughts on a Yamaha FZ6R? I only plan on commuting to and from work on local streets since I don't trust these NJ/NYC highway drivers.

Just curious, where are you taking the class? I took it at the Harley-Davidson dealer in Rochelle Park and they had me learning on a 500cc Buell Blast. That FZ6R should be plenty of bike for you to enjoy. I've been on a 500cc for just about 3 years now and I still find it very enjoyable. Whenever I get my money right I'll think about upgrading. But if you're gonna be a suburban street rider like you said, a 600cc should be more than enough.

As an NJ rider myself, highway riding is buns. I make my way up to backroads in NY whenever I get on two wheels.

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on an S1000RR. If I can find one with low mileage when I get back, I'll scoop it. I like the things that I've been reading about it.

Where you at in VA? One just opened up like 30 minutes away from me. They're nice bikes but BMW cars have a lot of problems so that scares me. I also like the 08-10 model better than the 15

Where you at in VA? One just opened up like 30 minutes away from me. They're nice bikes but BMW cars have a lot of problems so that scares me. I also like the 08-10 model better than the 15

I'm in Hampton. Get back in July. From what I've read online their bikes are incredibly reliable. I was looking at an 11 or 12. In 2012 I guess they made some slight tweaks to electronics and ergos. Powerplant is still the same though.

Okay, I thought you were somewhere around there. I love the look and love how uncommon they are. Acid green and the white/blue/red are mad nice. They're around 12K-14K used with low miles.

Okay, I thought you were somewhere around there. I love the look and love how uncommon they are. Acid green and the white/blue/red are mad nice. They're around 12K-14K used with low miles.

I found a few for around 11k. Some lower but those were higher mileage. Stumbled across a 2014 with only 300 miles on it for 14.5k. Acid Green and Thunder Grey are my favorite colors. Unfortunately 2010 was the last year for that color option.

Last edited:

Just curious, where are you taking the class? I took it at the Harley-Davidson dealer in Rochelle Park and they had me learning on a 500cc Buell Blast. That FZ6R should be plenty of bike for you to enjoy. I've been on a 500cc for just about 3 years now and I still find it very enjoyable. Whenever I get my money right I'll think about upgrading. But if you're gonna be a suburban street rider like you said, a 600cc should be more than enough.

As an NJ rider myself, highway riding is buns. I make my way up to backroads in NY whenever I get on two wheels.

haha, I was actually looking at that place but decided to go to FDU. How was it?

haha, I was actually looking at that place but decided to go to FDU. How was it?
Oh nice! My dad, brother, and uncle actually took it at FDU. From what I hear the instructors are good people and very helpful. I would've learned at FDU too, but by the time I was old enough there weren't any openings so I ended up at Harley. You're in for a LONG couple days, but for me it went by quick cause I was having fun learning. If I remember correctly, you might have to prove you know what you're doing on a bicycle. I'm not sure if it was my dad telling me that story, but one class had the students ride around to show they can balance on two wheels. So it might be a good idea to make sure you can do that lol.

My class made long sleeves and full-finger gloves necessary but I'm not sure about FDU. I took it at the end of July and we never went above about 30mph so I was dying from the heat. You should be good though if you're taking it next month. I think the hardest part for me was grasping the concept of shifting gears, but if you drive manual I think it might be a little easier to learn. I don't drive stick though so I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Oh yeah, you'll probably be on a 250cc for the class but that's par for the course I think

Last edited:
ended up grabbing the full shell version of the shark raw, the vancore:

Is that the Vancor?

Debating between that or the Raw. I love the look of the raw. But since i have a sport bike i am thinking the full chin piece might be a safer way to go and still get the similar look

yea, the vancore definitely is more protective (given that isn't saying much because it is built on the same shell, the chin bar looks like it was added on) but the raw is perfect for commute rides, and is super breathable & light

Last edited:
2012 Honda CBR250R

Picked her up about 2 weeks ago but only take her out for the weekends as of now. I know a lot of people said start out with a 600cc but honestly I feel a lot more comfortable and confident on a 250cc. I know I'll grow out of it soon and I don't mind upgrading at my own pace. 

2012 Honda CBR250R

Picked her up about 2 weeks ago but only take her out for the weekends as of now. I know a lot of people said start out with a 600cc but honestly I feel a lot more comfortable and confident on a 250cc. I know I'll grow out of it soon and I don't mind upgrading at my own pace. 

Congrats and welcome to the club. Comfortable is a smart move. You don't want to feel like you're riding outside of your abilities. Beat the breaks off the bike and then make the jump when you feel ready.

feeling the pressure from my boys to upgrade to a liter bike... i currently own a 2011 CBR 600CC... I've had it going on 2 yrs now, i wouldnt mind an R1 but im not sure if I even care to make the jump.. About 9 of my friends own Liter bikes and they give me hell all the time... but i think im gonna ride this 600 out for the year and think about a switch in December maybe..... i know its all jokes and laughs.. nothing srs

Back
Top Bottom