Post Your Puppy vol Team Barky Bob!!!

Here's my pup, well not much pup anymore. She's a 6 yr old Teacup Pomeranian. Nice Pom up there OP!

60b154ef88c0a68bfb55c5624d15057e4aab558.jpg

Appreciate the helps guys. I've been taking him out all day, almost every hour. He pee'd twice outside, and I rewarded him. I'm glad he's starting to get the hang of it. However, theres still accidents inside. So I'll definitely put him in the crate if this occurs.

Any sugguestions on what to do when he cries in the crate? ...Ignore him? Pet him from outside the crate until he lays down? Is it a good idea to keep a toy in there with him?

Also, how often should I have him in the crate? I work from home alot, so I'll be with him all the time. Should I keep him out with me, and monitor his behavior to prevent accidents? Or should he be crated as much as possible?

I haven't dealt with a puppy in over 14 years.. Any help is much appreciated.

Originally Posted by Sighfur

Appreciatethe helps guys. I've been taking him out all day, almost every hour. Hepee'd twice outside, and I rewarded him. I'm glad he's starting to getthe hang of it. However, theres still accidents inside. So I'lldefinitely put him in the crate if this occurs.

Any sugguestions on what to do when he cries in the crate? ...Ignorehim? Pet him from outside the crate until he lays down? Is it a goodidea to keep a toy in there with him?

Also, how often should I have him in the crate? I work from home alot,so I'll be with him all the time. Should I keep him out with me, andmonitor his behavior to prevent accidents? Or should he be crated asmuch as possible?

I haven't dealt with a puppy in over 14 years.. Any help is much appreciated.
We adopted our dog from a rescue, and she had a couple of siblings. The person watching over gave us a little rag thing but it had her sister's scent to comfort her.

We slept with what was going to be our puppies blanket for her crate, on our bed before we picked her up so it'd have our scent. Those really helped her cope with a new home/person originally.

Instinct is to go to your dog and comfort him but really, they develop too much of a dependence on you so if you were to leave for a period of time that wouldn't be good. So let him whine. I would put a toy or two in there so he can play. They have to learn some independence.

My wife works from home, and therefore, the Puppy is by her (probably too much) most the day.  As so much she'll follow her room to room. Crate has become something that is her sleeping and punishment area.  Though it's been talked about (I have no opinion) that you should allow your dog to explore his crate on his own, leave the door open during the day etc so if he feels the need, he can go on his own, etc.

hate these threads in that they always make me hate the fact that i cant have a dog yet
laugh.gif

Beans holding the yogurt cup with his brother Fluffy in the back

Tito piece
pimp.gif

And this is the most recent addition to the family, Snowball. She had a broken leg
frown.gif
but not anymore
smile.gif

sleeping on the PS3 controller

Originally Posted by larrivee7

KatieJade - the white one a Spitz or a Samoyed?  My Grandma has always had one or the other, they're great dogs.  I had one a few years back too.

Yeah, it's an American Eskimo Spitz. I haven't got to meet him yet because I haven't been home to visit my family since Christmas and they got him in March. I heard that he's a great dog though, and he's so cute!

Back
Top Bottom