"To Whom Much Is Given Much Is Tested" on collarbone, hurt like a MOTHERF
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

l_aae169e781494d50e871f9f765e61f7c.jpg

Right Shoulder, R.I.P. for my uncle

Originally Posted by Kojomesa

Can't do that to myself. Ink is too powerful. My body is my temple.
This is a "post your TATTOO" thread. 

Not a "would you get a TATTOO ?" thread.

The full sleeve with the koi fish looks amazing. I wouldn't personally get that but its great work.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by CHICHAN

Shige has got some pics of some new work on the shop's site, so crazy:
http://www.yellowblaze.ne...llery/jn_comp/index.html

wish I could find an artist even remotely like him in Chicago.
anybody?

And on the Joe Rogan DMT thing:

he even mentions the big Buddha, my guess is that's what inspired his sleeve, haha.

So sick! This is a proper koi fish tattoo. Damn!

sh_1193_01.jpg

And this is like a better version of my tattoo:

I need to save up.

The artwork itself on that koi tattoo is amazing, the artist is talented.
But, I really dislike that type of koi tattoo. The "3D/realistic" look to a koi fish. Call me traditional but I prefer black/white colors with a splash of color here and there. I woudnt want my koi fish to "jump" out of my skin with all the bright colors and stuff.

^^^^Yeah....Shige is modern traditional Japanese tattoo artist. He took the whole Japanese look and made his own style. I really like it myself but I guess it wouldn't be liked amongst everyone. I compared his work to other Japanese tattoo artists and his really stands out from the norm. Wish I could get some work done.

Can any of you guys draw with that really religious detail? Like that piet tat? I have a really cool idea for myself but I just can't draw it myself. I'm willing to pay good money for the art. Pm me if so. Thanks

Originally Posted by yvespo3

How much does shige charge?

Probably an arm and a leg.....but I think the real question is how long is his waiting list. I am sure dude is booked way in advanced and only takes a minimum charge of at least +$500 per appointment. Also it seems like it would take tons of sittings to even get a full piece done by him.

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Originally Posted by slowwonee89

i got this one done in August '09 (pics are from when it was freshly done)
Yo those are dope. How was the pain? Ive been thinking about getting something done on the back of my legs like that. 
the one on my left calf (scroll) I actually didn't feel a thing until the top part nearest to the back of the knee. The St. Michael tattoo it was painful throughout the process but it wasn't unbearable. 
Thanks for the comments by the way.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

i'm looking to get a zombie inspired leg piece. not sure exactly what i want yet tho, but i know it has to do with zombies.

huge fan of zombies.
pimp.gif

Ive been thinking about getting a zombie pin up and make it apart of my sleeve...
I just need to find a great artist...

Ill be getting a half sleeve done next saturday. ill post progress pics and final pics

That Koi artwork is similar to what im getting.

Nice tats everyone.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by yvespo3

How much does shige charge?

Probably an arm and a leg.....but I think the real question is how long is his waiting list. I am sure dude is booked way in advanced and only takes a minimum charge of at least +$500 per appointment. Also it seems like it would take tons of sittings to even get a full piece done by him.

I get tattoo'd at State of Grace in San Jose and Shige is close to the S.O.G. crew and does guest spots there from time to time. From my conversations with people at State of Grace, he is already booked for his convention appearances because he has a lot of in progress work in California. He does sometimes takes walk ups when there is a rare cancelation. He doesn't really do wait list anymore, he just kind of decides and chooses who and what he wants to tattoo.

I don't know how much he charges now, but when I spoke to Shige in 2008 when he was doing a guest spot at Diamond Club in SF, he was charging $250/hr. At the time, he told me it'll be easier for me to get tattoo'd by him if I travel to his studio in Yokohoma. I don't know if that still applies, or he just told me that since I am know the owners of Diamond Club.

I want to get tatted but really have no inspiration to come up w/ my own... any sites w/ nice tats i can view?

I know i want to get "Family First" i dont know if i should get "Family" on the Inner part of my right Bicep and "First" on the inner part of my left bicep or just get it on my wrist

Originally Posted by Boot and Leg

Originally Posted by bonde111

Originally Posted by broccoliavenger

Just got my outline done a few hours ago.....
eek.gif
Now that's sick!!! I'd want to put that on as part of a sleeve. Can't wait to see it finished. Did it come directly from the artist?
It would be a damn shame if this doesn't get filled up with colors.

black and grey doesnt look bad at all on Dia de los Muertos tattoos ex.

Back
Top Bottom