Post your TATS vol. inked for life

Question for you guys.....

How much do you tip your tat artist? Like if I go in for two $200 sessions, is $40 each day a good look? Or too much/too little?

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

How much do you tip your tat artist? Like if I go in for two $200 sessions, is $40 each day a good look? Or too much/too little?

Id say $25-$30 per session...$40 is a bit much unless then do amazing work. The tatt i got cost $150 and i tipped $20. I usually go by this..for every$150-$200 the tatt costs tip $20-$25. If the work is amazing though, tip more.

I do about $20 for every hundred maxing out at $50, maybe $60
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Id say $25-$30 per session...$40 is a bit much unless then do amazing work. The tatt i got cost $150 and i tipped $20. I usually go by this..for every $150-$200 the tatt costs tip $20-$25. If the work is amazing though, tip more.

good looking out on the info. i wouldnt even have thought of tipping. how do they get paid does portion of what they charge goto booth rental or does it alldepend?

If I get the guy that I want, he is pretty legit. He charges about $180 an hour and he is really hard to even schedule with but luckily with the strugglingeconomy, a lot of people have been not getting tatted lately (according to them anyways) so he has an opening next week.

I guess being a tattoo artists is like be a barber. You pretty much go in and pick the person that you want to get inked up...and if there is a certain personthat isn't as talented as the others, he doesn't get as much business. Even when I was there yesterday, two tattoo artists were inking up and one guywas just chilling, either waiting for a scheduled appointment or not not having any clientele at the moment. But yeah, like your barber, make sure to tip yourtat artist.

Saw this on one of my fellow Fatlace bloggers got one about maybe 7 months ago.

I wonder if he even does stuff by the hour...more so then the actual project. But the tat with Paul Wall is one of my favorites he's done.

Help me out guys.
I need some ideas on a cover-up.
I had drawn up something but after staring at it for 3 weeks, i dont REALLY want it.

If you all would be so kind, throw ANY ideas out there for me to wade through.
Just remember its a cover-up so it gotta be fairly heavy on black ink and pretty solid.
Its gonna cover up a gang tat that i dont want anymore.

One more thing, Im in Brooklyn right now so if anybody know of some good shops out here, that would be appreciated as well.

If i can figure out how to take and post pics from a Touch Pro, i can show yall what needs covering

i think we need pics so we can see the tat and location it's at in order for us to give you some suggestions my dude

Originally Posted by dgk3188

i think we need pics so we can see the tat and location it's at in order for us to give you some suggestions my dude

laugh.gif
i got a bad feeling about this
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheHavik

Help me out guys.
I need some ideas on a cover-up.
I had drawn up something but after staring at it for 3 weeks, i dont REALLY want it.

If you all would be so kind, throw ANY ideas out there for me to wade through.
Just remember its a cover-up so it gotta be fairly heavy on black ink and pretty solid.
Its gonna cover up a gang tat that i dont want anymore.

One more thing, Im in Brooklyn right now so if anybody know of some good shops out here, that would be appreciated as well.

If i can figure out how to take and post pics from a Touch Pro, i can show yall what needs covering
Dude...you should go to a tattoo shop and talk to an artist. It is pretty vague on what you are asking.....which seems to be anything I guess.Talk to someone or even yourself about it. What do or don't you want in a tattoo?.....and just go from there. What your asking can be a long process inwhat to choose. At least we can easily say that branding your body with some brands are out of the question.

And yeah....lets see the old tat.

^^^Everlasting Tattoo. (http://everlastingtattoo.com/) Trying to get it done by Mike but will have Luke do it ifhe is too booked. I am going there today to schedule it actually. I would show the tat but I don't want people to snake it.

Originally Posted by rawkus7632

Originally Posted by BritEyes12

Originally Posted by jordanhead7792

anyone stay in tampa? if so yall kno any good spots around here im thinking of getting one this weekend also anyone in tampa kno a good artist that does very good portraits cuz my friend wants to get one but he can find a good artist he dnt want it ending up like this
I got mine at Atomic off of Fowler, all the guys in there do great work. Also if you feel like taking a trip out to Ybor, There's a couple places out there like 1603 and Blue Devil. Just go in and check out all of the artists portfolios to see which one you like best.
Same place I got mine done. Dan Champagne was my artist. He did a pretty good job. Here's the one he did

8ff153e76c3377906132fa0311b5d1f17199576.jpg

Here's some others from different artists

3e92533e926453b77db9905fb7f662a42070ab3.jpg

c7425c9e3a6733c471a9b90623019391d979b42.jpg

23535deee3a7665e3ffd7ba490f6a78c7b2ec99.jpg

35a35126ea5767ac3f51793790819cc391e3bed.jpg

269155ea653a719d4ad93844ce031cc4ba0c919.jpg

I have more but no pics at the moment.

Its funny u guys mentioned Atomic I actually got my half sleeve done by Sam at Atomic in Milwaukee they are all franchized but yea Atomic does great work imight actually check the ones in florida out that Buddah looks greak

i wish i could get my legs tatted up but my legs are MAD hairy.
frown.gif

i think the buddha on the left is my next tat

Flash_Art__Religion_01___by_TheIronClown.jpg

^^^I think I heard that too....like about $1300+ an hour. I like what he said in the Weekly Drop interview....unlike a car, tattoos are for life so why notspend good money on it. When you think about it, that makes a lot of sense.

I can see why people are aspiring to be tattoo artists. That is mad loot if you have a steady flow of customers coming. It makes my 9 to 5 look horrible.

I have a few tats already, but I'm looking to get some more. Can anyone recommend a good spot in NYC for that flower/Japanese style?

I don't know exactly what I want yet, but I'd rather go to a place that knows their stuff when it comes to that style.

After seeing that hundreds tattoo I think I can say that this forum has too much of an impact on people
If you don't own that brand you shouldn't be BRANDING yourself with it
smh.gif

^^^^That is the thing, I don;t think even they would do that and even if they did, I woulds till laugh at them. Jordan getting a jumpman logo, Lance Armstronggetting a swoosh and even Bobby Hundreds getting a bomb would all be ******ed.

If anybody know an artist who can do Tribal Filipino Tattoos please PM me and let me know .. I'm in SoCal btw ..

^^^I think I heard that too....like about $1300+ an hour. I like what he said in the Weekly Drop interview....unlike a car, tattoos are for life so why not spend good money on it. When you think about it, that makes a lot of sense.

I can see why people are aspiring to be tattoo artists. That is mad loot if you have a steady flow of customers coming. It makes my 9 to 5 look horrible.
That's very, very, very true. Unfortunately, I don't think a lot of people realize there's a difference between spending big $$ andgetting a quality tattoo. There's a lot of great artist out there who could hang with, or might even be better than, Mr.Cartoon, Kat Von D, etc. and theyaren't charging a fraction of those celebrity prices. Just gotta do your research...

Back
Top Bottom