Post your unpopular music opinions

ICDC...it's too personal for you.  You're not even talking music anymore 
laugh.gif
.  That man and his personal life and choices has nothing to do with his talent.  Sisqo is undeniably one of the best vocalists of the 90's/early 2000's.  And his album "Unleash The Dragon" was an absolute banger.  Sisqo also was a good live performer and he could dance as well.  He really could have had next, but he X'ed himself out the game with his ego.  He was out there dissing Usher and R.Kelly for no reason.  If you were better than them, then you can come at them like that.  But Sisqo was never better than R.Kelly or Usher, so he needed to know his place and stop creating beefs for no reason.  I personally think he has a bit of a Napoleon Complex, and that's why he acted the way he did.  I met him once at a small party for a friend of mine like 5 years ago, and I found myself incredibly annoyed by his antics.  He was shouting loud stories about how much MJ said that he loved him and how great he was, and throwing other R&B singers under the bus all night.  Yo, we at a party dude...****!  Ain't nobody tryna hear all that.  Anyway, the beefs he created were unnecessary because he had the number 1 record in the country with "Incomplete" and his album had done 5 mil.  He had carved out his niche.  He just needed to keep making good music, but he couldn't do that and he lost it.  

Last edited:
Jodeci

Boyz II Men

Dru Hill

In that order.

Wanya is one of the most talented vocalists of all time. 

K-Ci had so much soul.  JoJo had so much range.  Incredibly potent vocal combination.  Probably the best duo ever.  

Sisqo got his entire style from K-Ci, but he made it his own, and his voice was ill.  He also was one of the first male singers to perfect the fast flow with the vocals.  Beyonce and Mariah Carey pioneered that for the ladies.  

I really don't like the current state of hip hop/rap. Kanye, drake , future, weak mill, minaj, and a lot of ridiculous mainstream "artists" are trash. F*** the mainstream puppets.

^^

Could not agree more (minus Kanye). I've never heard Future until that What A Time to Be Alive mixtape and I don't get his appeal. He's so terrible he makes Drake sound like a black belt on the mic. What a terrible time to be a rap fan.

^^

Could not agree more (minus Kanye). I've never heard Future until that What A Time to Be Alive mixtape and I don't get his appeal. He's so terrible he makes Drake sound like a black belt on the mic. What a terrible time to be a rap fan.
I respect your opinion. 
laugh.gif
 a black belt! I agree and its a shame but hey to each its own. 

You've never heard Future until What A Time To Be Alive? You mean you've never heard an entire project from him, or just in general, cause if it's the latter, the only way that's possible is if you stay home with no phone, no internet, and no electricity to turn a TV on.

dmvisrnb dmvisrnb must have rolled up some potent *** **** with them long *** replies.

Dude is spot on though. I didn't disagree with any of it.

The RNB "group" needs to come back. I don't care if its women, men, whatever. Just bring harmony back to music.

Bring love and soul back to music. I'm tired of women talking about how some dude ****** them over and ragging on dude for an entire album, OR them being a damn ****. I'm tired of male singers trying to be rappers and tired of every track being about sex.

I can't listen to that **** with my kid in the car.

Its one thing to have the occasional baby making song, or even album dedicated to it. We all gotta get our grown up on, but every song? C'mon son

Aloe Blacc is an underrated artist.

Sisqo Incomplete is one of the dopest RNB tracks

Future is cool...... That new tape with Drake is hard in the whip. And thats where it should stay. In the whip, or in the gym.

Trap music serves on purpose, to get me hype. I don't want to hear it any other time

Even though I know its never going to happen, I wish the funk era of music would make its way back. Bootsy, Clinton, James Brown, Parliament, etc. That sound is classic. I remember listening to it at home and in the car with my old man. Its a sound that has been stripped and removed from music in this current day.

**** MUSICIANS IN GENERAL need to make a comeback. What happened to the pianist who could sing? The guitarist? The Bass player? What happened to that aspect of music? A least popular music. Especially in the urban genres

Can someone remove those Sisqo photos

Most important post of the thread

Last edited:
Can someone remove those Sisqo photos

:lol: :rofl:

Gotta report or block bruh, :lol:

PRIME PRIME ,
You just spoke gospel dude!!! Musicians need to get re-acquainted with music theory!! There aren't anymore smooth, or suave musicians anymore. No one is graceful. You can have a turnt up track, and be lyrical, at the same time.

Dudes just don't realize that. We need to add more newer acts similar to The Roots, in hip hop.

Last edited:
^^

I really don't like the current state of hip hop/rap. Kanye, drake , future, weak mill, minaj, and a lot of ridiculous mainstream "artists" are trash. F*** the mainstream puppets.

Once again, THESE kinda fans :smh:
It is NOT a terrible time to be a hip hop fan. There were alot of great projects this year. Not all from the mainstream. Its on yall to find it tho. Keep letting the radio & social media feed ya trash & then be lazy to not look for actual talented artists smh. Not everyone sounds like these mainstream dudes yall hate. Idk why hip hop fans so damn close minded & stubborn sometimes...

^^

It is NOT a terrible time to be a hip hop fan. There were alot of great projects this year. Not all from the mainstream. Its on yall to find it tho. Keep letting the radio & social media feed ya trash & then be lazy to not look for actual talented artists smh. Not everyone sounds like these mainstream dudes yall hate. Idk why hip hop fans so damn close minded & stubborn sometimes...

Ain't it funny :lol:? The internet has made it impossible to not find something good, yet people still act like it's 2003 and live in a box.

Forreal. Dude seem like the last hip hop album he heard was Hip Hop Is Dead by Nas & took it to heart and just kept listening to old hip hop before he let the HYPE of that Future & Drake album lure him back him into hearing some lackluster ish when he expected a classic off of OTHER ppls opinions. Idc if thats the longest run on sentence in the world either lol. I just dont understand how ppl can judge the state of a genre they dont even try to listen to anymore

You've never heard Future until What A Time To Be Alive? You mean you've never heard an entire project from him, or just in general, cause if it's the latter, the only way that's possible is if you stay home with no phone, no internet, and no electricity to turn a TV on.

I just don't listen to turntup rap / whatever is on the radio or TV. Dude to me is just garbage. The last Hip Hop projects I really got into were Run the Jewels, To Pimp a Butterfly, If You're Reading This, and Ghostface x BBNG. None of those are really mainstream. Again, I just think Future is garbage.. He's like the broke man's Lil Wayne (the fallen off version).

Funny how I posted my UNPOPULAR MUSIC OPINION and offended so many people.

View media item 1723833

Last edited:
Son just listed a drake album in a non mainstream list.

Now THAT is an unpopular opinion...

I'm just talking about the mainstream stuff. To me there was a golden era of GOOD Hip hop/Rap that was being brought to the masses. Its not like that no more. But hey, listen to what you want, no biggie. There is a lot of good talent out there that is modern. I'm not stuck in the 90's like yall think. I just wish the more creative people got credit for the music that they actually compose, mix and master. As a musician like myself, you see it less and less. Just saying. Peace.

Nussie >>> Boosie 

Nah. You high.

But In my opinion, Prime Boosie spit life stories on par with 2pac. Boosie has one of the deepest catalogs of reality rap in the game. I think people who don't give him the chance let his persona, voice and look cloud them.

A lot of the times, Boosie's subject matter is the same as Kendrick or J Cole. It's just packaged differently, and from a street, country, ratchet southern perspective so it doesn't get the chance from some listeners. There's a reason true MC's like Nas respect Boosie though :pimp:

View media item 1729326

Boosie ain't been the same musically since he came. Seems to be matured and enjoying life though. Happy for hatch.

Nah. You high.

But In my opinion, Prime Boosie spit life stories on par with 2pac. Boosie has one of the deepest catalogs of reality rap in the game. I think people who don't give him the chance let his persona, voice and look cloud them.

A lot of the times, Boosie's subject matter is the same as Kendrick or J Cole. It's just packaged differently, and from a street, country, ratchet southern perspective so it doesn't get the chance from some listeners. There's a reason true MC's like Nas respect Boosie though
pimp.gif

Boosie ain't been the same musically since he came. Seems to be matured and enjoying life though. Happy for hatch.
I know people in Baton Rouge, they all said Nussie was really a savage in the streets. Nussie > Boosie, because you can hear the truth in his voice and his rhymes were funny. Kevin Gates still quotes Nussie till this day. Nussie was a real street cat trying to convince the people he could rap. Not too many rappers can honestly say they're doing the same. 

I know people in Baton Rouge, they all said Nussie was really a savage in the streets. Nussie > Boosie, because you can hear the truth in his voice and his rhymes were funny. Kevin Gates still quotes Nussie till this day. Nussie was a real street cat trying to convince the people he could rap. Not too many rappers can honestly say they're doing the same. 

I'm not debating if he's real street cat or not. For you to say he's a better rapper than Boosie is absurd. Nussie woulda told you that himself. Hell, he even said he was a fan of Boosie's music....he just didn't think Boosie was a savage.

We are talking music here.

Back
Top Bottom