post your unpopular pop culture opinions VOL..JIMMIES WILL BE RUSTLED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've listened to this man's catalog time and time again, and I don't hear it.

Jay Z is an average MC. Has some good songs, but that's it. I do not see the people's infatuation with him let alone calling him the GOAT. There's quite a few rappers out RIGHT NOW who I feel are better than J**** flat out. Very srs not trolling. Never have heard it with him, doubt I will.
His beats carry him
He has a few solid songs though and 1 undeniable classic(blueprint) rd is over rated by so many people
Nas is versatile which sometimes leads to his undoing
But nas is by far the superior rapper/mc
Now jay may be the better artist with how he sells himself to the public
But nas seems more authentic and doesn't try and sell anything
He just acts like himself

I dont think so, but I cant stop anyone from thinking that

It fits perfectly though.

People only pretend to like Jay-Z because they believe that's what they're supposed to think.

They're just sheep...or sheeple as I like to say.

Jay Z is an average MC. Has some good songs, but that's it. I do not see the people's infatuation with him let alone calling him the GOAT. There's quite a few rappers out RIGHT NOW who I feel are better than J**** flat out. Very srs not trolling. Never have heard it with him, doubt I will.
Nah son JayZ back in the day was the ****. Definitely had GOAT ability. Reasonable Doubt is top 5 greatest rap albums ever made and it was his debut album. Now he's just an old sellout.

Romantic movies are the in the same boat as R&B to me. I cant even get through most of them and I will never watch the Notebook in its entirety ever. No one can make me. Worst genre of movies

Last edited:

Who out right now is messin with Hova the god???

I think people's infatuation with Hov often times has more to do with his image and brand and what he represents, rather than the actual music.

Like you don't really like Hov like that, but because of who he is, the fact that he's big time with the president, does these business ventures, has interviews with warren buffet, the sports agency thing, all of those things impress people so much that they feel that they have to like Jay Z's music because of who he is and what he represents.

It's like saying you listen to Jay Z is the cool thing to do when really, you aren't bumping jay z on the daily and you're forcing yourself to like the music he puts out.

Nas
**** his wife puts out more bangers then him nowadays

Nah son JayZ back in the day was the ****. Definitely had GOAT ability. Reasonable Doubt is top 5 greatest rap albums ever made and it was his debut album. Now he's just an old sellout.

Reasonable doubt wasnt his best album & definitely isnt top 5 of all time, most overrated saying in hip hop history

Vol 2, dynasty, blueprint >>>>> reasonable doubt

Quite a few. I would listen to Dot, Drake, Cole, in a heartbeat over Hovito's best work. Kendrick Lamar's OD, GKMC, Drake's discography, Cole's Discography, >>>>> Jay Z's finest work. Nas is leaps and bounds ahead of Hov. Lupe, I mean there's so many that I would prefer over him :lol:

See I don't agree with this AT ALL and that sellout **** is just a cop out. He was never that great to begin with. IMO

Last edited:
I think people's infatuation with Hov often times has more to do with his image and brand and what he represents, rather than the actual music.

Like you don't really like Hov like that, but because of who he is, the fact that he's big time with the president, does these business ventures, has interviews with warren buffet, the sports agency thing, all of those things impress people so much that they feel that they have to like Jay Z's music because of who he is and what he represents.

It's like saying you listen to Jay Z is the cool thing to do when really, you aren't bumping jay z on the daily and you're forcing yourself to like the music he puts out.

Plus his music becomes more and more simplistic with every release.

He's still one of my favorites, but he's been slipping for the past decade.

Or it could that he fathered all these new rappers and can still rap circles around them.
How can u say that when no one even has tried using his style
Which he himself stole
Rick Ross kept dude on life support with the features ll the way back from port of Miami
Nas keeps trolling jay with horrible verses
Jay NEEDS other people he can't sustain his career in his own

These things mattered, much less existed when I was 9 and had Hard Knock Life on cassette. I like him because his music is great. IMO hes the greatest musician to ever live.

Last edited:
Jay did have the strongest team in hip hop

Rocafella>>> death row,bad boy,g unit etc

& dont bring up record sales, rocafella had the game on lock & was doing it big with movies & clothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom