post your unpopular pop culture opinions VOL..JIMMIES WILL BE RUSTLED

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are people trippin or worried about what or why the next man is doing something
if they wanna work there to get hands on kicks why should it matter to u
not getting at u specifically but just in general

Dude! This is exactly how I feel. So many people in society are so concerned with how other people are living their lives. Let them cook. If they want to live a certain way and you don't agree with it, then just shut up about it and keep it pushing.

The Olympics are overrated

Most of the events only play a small part in a whole sport (ex. running, jumping) and many are not entertaining to watch

The Olympic athletes are in the news for the few months leading up to, during, and after the Olympics and no one knows who 90% of them even are

No one gives a crap about the winter olympics but people do enjoy watching the events in the summer olympics.

The Olympics are overrated

Most of the events only play a small part in a whole sport (ex. running, jumping) and many are not entertaining to watch

The Olympic athletes are in the news for the few months leading up to, during, and after the Olympics and no one knows who 90% of them even are
No one gives a crap about the winter olympics but people do enjoy watching the events in the summer olympics.
Yeah the Summer Olympics are better, you're right. I'm looking at the list of events now and I would still only tune in to see like one or two of them. I'll watch some of the others if nothing else is on.

Hakeem Olajuwon was a overrated center.

I just don't understand how he gets so much love as being a great center. Besides him being tall and having a great post game, why is he really considered one of the best centers to play in the NBA.

NT help me understand what I cannot.

I just don't understand how he gets so much love as being a great center. Besides him being tall and having a great post game, why is he really considered one of the best centers to play in the NBA.

lolwut..

Can someone correct this man? :lol:

What's not to like about the BEST in the world going in an all or nothing competition for the gold? Those high stakes make anything fun to watch

Football is boring for the most part.

Huddle up
Run a play. Fails
Huddle up again
Run a play agai...up..nope false start
Huddle up again
Run a play again
IT WORKED!! OMG ITS HIGHLI....up nope bring it back. Holding.

Low success rates make simple **** "highlights".
I have been rustled to maximum capacity. 

lolwut..

Can someone correct this man? :lol:
am I thinking of someone else whos that dude that dwight howard and all centers go to to work on their post game?

Being tall and having a post game is what a center is supposed to do.

That's like say Reggie Miller was overrated because he was just a good shooter.

What's not to like about the BEST in the world going in an all or nothing competition for the gold? Those high stakes make anything fun to watch
Some of them I don't even think should qualify as sports. For example in equestrian the horse is the one doing the work and we all know about curling 
laugh.gif

I guess what I dislike the most is how people pretend to care about the Olympics or Olympic athletes when they've either just heard of them because of the non-stop new coverage or because they're the most attractive girl on the USA women's _______ team.

After they're over the media continues to bring them up as some of the athletes tour the country appearing on talk shows and then after that no one cares for another four years. Then the cycle repeats itself.

Also, what's the competition when the USA wins most overall medals every year? 
laugh.gif

Huddle up
Run a play. Fails
Huddle up again
Huddle up again
Run a play again

Yeah the hype supersedes the sport sooooo much. As entertainment, I can't watch Football man it's so damn boring and slow. It's like baseball to me, except not as bad. I just can't get into it.

Like I understand the sport and follow it and all of that, but the hype and build up > the actual game.

What makes the Olympics great is feeling of the whole country rooting for one team.

That feeling and emotion is crazy.

Same thing with World Cup, watch those USA games a few years back in a bar where EVERYONE was roping for the US is memorable and adrenaline pumping.
I agree the sense of pride and unity in your country is a great feeling.

World Cup games are awesome to watch, but part of it is because soccer is a sport that is a lot more fun to watch when it's high stakes as one goal in a 90+ minute game could be the difference. IMO soccer is much more entertaining to watch than several of the other Olympic events since it's more team based and is a sport that combines several athletic activities and includes more of a mental game.

Some of these Olympic events get a lot of hype, but that feeling is short lived (if it comes at all) since the event only lasts a few seconds/minutes and only involves one athletic activity and limited mental game.

Last edited:
Some of them I don't even think should qualify as sports. For example in equestrian the horse is the one doing the work and we all know about curling :lol:

I guess what I dislike the most is how people pretend to care about the Olympics or Olympic athletes when they've either just heard of them because of the non-stop new coverage or because they're the most attractive girl on the USA women's _______ team.

After they're over the media continues to bring them up as some of the athletes tour the country appearing on talk shows and then after that no one cares for another four years. Then the cycle repeats itself.

Also, what's the competition when the USA wins most overall medals every year? :lol:  

Naw man. Your idea of what a "sport" is is very narrow. I don't like everything but I respect the athleticism behind it, the preparation, all that stuff. Sounds like you want more of a show or something . WWE might be more your thing lol

Today sir, you've tooked ma jimmies

Last edited:
Shaq never won without another surefire HOFer but neither did MJ, Bird, Duncan etc

Using the fact someone played with other great players as a way to knock them is silly.

Almost every title team had 2 or more surefire HOFer

Agree on all this

Huddle up

Run a play. Fails

Huddle up again

Huddle up again

Run a play again

I have been rustled to maximum capacity. 

The actual time that the ball is in play in a game is like 11 minutes on average. So I can see people complaining there's not much action when a play only lasts a few seconds.

The actual time that the ball is in play in a game is like 11 minutes on average. So I can see people complaining there's not much action when a play only lasts a few seconds.
That's the beauty of the game. Every play is a mental move, everything can come crashing down in a matter of seconds. Again, if y'all want non stop action check out WWF

The NBA needs to bring back the best of 5 in the first round to increase the possibility of upsets. Right now the league is to predictable. Only about 4 out of the 30 teams have a shot to win the title.

That's the beauty of the game. Every play is a mental move, everything can come crashing down in a matter of seconds. Again, if y'all want non stop action check out WWF

WWE doesn't even have that much action. They talk way too much.

Naw man. Your idea of what a "sport" is is very narrow. I don't like everything but I respect the athleticism behind it, the preparation, all that stuff. Sounds like you want more of a show or something . WWE might be more your thing lol

Today sir, you've tooked ma jimmies
I guess it sort of is, I just don't find events with one repetitive action and limited mental game to be entertaining.

I've actually never watched WWE before 
laugh.gif

The NBA needs to bring back the best of 5 in the first round to increase the possibility of upsets. Right now the league is to predictable. Only about 4 out of the 30 teams have a shot to win the title.
This could potentially be a good idea. Just look at March Madness where it all comes down to one game and where all the Cinderella stories are created.

i don't care for football either. I watch the Super Bowl every year but I haven't had a team since like 2003 when I realized the Cowboys would never be great with Jerry Jones at the helms again. If I do watch a random game now it's only if Megatron is on smh. I really only follow the #LAKESHOW, tennis, and track these days.

Man the NBA needs to make players wait 2-3 years before the draft.

That **** is watering down the NBA.
30 teams and growing is what's watering down the NBA

As things stand now, the league will never be as competitive as the NFL. Same top 5 teams will win the championship, where as right now a team that didn't win in the last 3-5 years will win the super bowl this year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom