POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

I am debating on one of these Hamiltion's for casual dress wear, just not sure which one, I have only been able to find the bottom one locally, to take a look at before I order off jomashop.com or authenticwatches.com, I wish I could find the top one at local Authorized Retailer, but I haven't been able to yet :smh:

I have this one on a bracelet and is a great all around watch. Can be dressed down with a nato and dressed up with a leather strap and be in the middle on a bracelet. I got mine as a graduation gift but it can be had from amazon for $400. Not a fan of the top Hammy, looks too much like a diver which I don't associate with Hammies.

I am debating on one of these Hamiltion's for casual dress wear, just not sure which one, I have only been able to find the bottom one locally, to take a look at before I order off jomashop.com or authenticwatches.com, I wish I could find the top one at local Authorized Retailer, but I haven't been able to yet
mean.gif
I have this one on a bracelet and is a great all around watch. Can be dressed down with a nato and dressed up with a leather strap and be in the middle on a bracelet. I got mine as a graduation gift but it can be had from amazon for $400. Not a fan of the top Hammy, looks too much like a diver which I don't associate with Hammies.
Thanks for the input

yeah I tried that one on in store the other day and I really liked it but I wasn't sold on the leather strap, I know I can always change it the strap but would still would like to check out the other one, but they got this one on one of the websites for about $370 which is a great price

I get what your saying about Hamilton and not associating them with diver watches, but I just wish I could see one in person to compare it to some of the other divers that I have been looking to purchase like a Tag, Longines and few others, If the Hamilton looks good in person, and it has everything that I am looking for such as automatic movement, ss band, diver and looks good that all I care about, I am not concerned with associations, plus it can be had at about a third of the price of the others I mentioned which is a great deal, just my thoughts

Hopefully I can hunt one down in the near future to get a good comparison of them, before I get impatient and make an order

Last edited:
Anyone into or know more about Christopher Ward watches? Thinking of picking up a couple of pieces.

Relatively young company, they make pretty decent timepieces, especially, when considering the price. Hand made swiss movements. Personally I think they look a lot better then Hamiltons.

Anybody mess with Steinhart watches? I was looking at these divers, they look very nice and have pretty good reviews

Last edited:
Anybody mess with Steinhart watches? I was looking at these divers, they look very nice and have pretty good reviews

I approve of them. Want one and for the price point I wouldn't go with many other watches. Quality is great and I've seen/heard nothing but good reviews. Must explain why their more popular watches have somewhat of a wait list for them.

^ Thanks for the input, yeah you're right some of them are on back order, I was thinking of just placing the order so I can get on the list

I am also looking at this Chr Ward, don't know might just sleep on it and see how I feel in the moring

Steinhardt and Chris ward are grat watches for the price. My problem with Steinhardt is that they make a lot of homages but if you don't mind that, then that's not a problem

Frederique Constant also has some great watches in the $500-$1000 range.

^^^ Probably one of the best watch manufacturers in the world. Although to be honest, in that price range I'd get a timepiece from A. Lange und Söhnes 1815 or Saxonia product family.

any recommendations for an all gold-tone watch (bracelet, bezel, dial) for under $1k? being purposely broad because i don't know what style i want quite yet.

Last edited:
You guys are asking for a lot of recommendations and are giving no information on what style, movement, band, price, etc you want. Do yourself a favor and look @ a couple of watches on Amazon or Jomashop and figure out what kind of watch you like. Also check out watchuseek forum, they offer a ton of information for you watch noobs. Next person who ask for a recommendation without any specifics will be hit with either a Timex Ironman or Casio G'Shock recommendation as they both tell time. If you don't have time to research something, what makes you think we have time to research everything for you to make you a helpful recommendation.

im looking for a watch that has a leather band

the case diameter largest i will go is 47mm

movement does not make a difference to me
i would prefer a black leather band but brown is fine too.
i also would like a black face and i have no preference if it displays the date or not.

i was looking at the citizen eco drive 04e but cant find one for a good price

What kind of citizen are u looking for? Citizen has alot of 04e? What is your price? Did you try an eBay power seller from the USA? I usually buy my citizens through eBay

I like the 04e that has a black face and Brown band.

My budget is 200 or lower

Last edited:
I like the 04e that has a black face and Brown band.

My budget is 200 or lower

There are 3 on eBay for under $200 and one is a top rated seller. You can buy a black band at a local jeweler or watch store and they can install it for free.

Yeah Ino i missed or on one tardy which was used but sold for 100 smh. Which makes me reconsider paying 190.
Thanks for the help.

Do you know of any other all black watches?

There are a ton of black watches, vist watchuseek affordable forum and the citizen/seiko forum. I have a pvd citizen nighthawk which is 47mm. Check out the orient raven dlc sub if you like submariners.

Hey guys- I have a white G-Shock that I wore this weekend with a new black jacket.

The jacket bled onto the watch, is there anyway to clean the watch, to make it white again?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom