POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

anybody cop their watches used? and if so...where'd you get em from.

I want a Breitling Navitimer Montbrillant Datora with the leather strap this year, but I'm trying to get it for less than 3k if I can. Not sure itspossible.

Originally Posted by importfan9000

This is my collection for now
Benny&Co Ice Dial 2.6
Jacob&Co JC-2
Breitling SS Super Avenger 3 ct bezel
whats with your chronograph dials on the super avenger? why do they look like that?

that's definitely a very dressy vacheron, understated elegance, modern yet conservative enough for suitings. i'd vote for a vintage patek as well (newpateks will run you a house and then some), both companies being at the top tier. for alternative dress watches i'd vouch for vintage longines, especiallythe refracted mystery dial face. pateks, of course, are in the vacheron range, but i'd opt for the vintage patek, something about vintage pateks just go sowell with suits
pimp.gif
i myself will also probably end up purchasing the portuguese, it's just one of those things where once you get into the hobby,it's one of the staple "must haves" for a lot of people
laugh.gif

someone recommend me a watch. Im looking for a leather strap, big round face, and a little bit of ice, not too much. And not too pricey lol Something likethose Benny watches, but that price range is too intense for me... Thanks anyone

Originally Posted by yamakazi18

that's definitely a very dressy vacheron, understated elegance, modern yet conservative enough for suitings. i'd vote for a vintage patek as well (new pateks will run you a house and then some), both companies being at the top tier. for alternative dress watches i'd vouch for vintage longines, especially the refracted mystery dial face. pateks, of course, are in the vacheron range, but i'd opt for the vintage patek, something about vintage pateks just go so well with suits
pimp.gif
i myself will also probably end up purchasing the portuguese, it's just one of those things where once you get into the hobby, it's one of the staple "must haves" for a lot of people
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Yeah, Vacheron is in my long list of "wants" but thePortuguese is just something that doesn't seem liek it would get old. It has such a classic look yet not exactly vintage but modern. It's hard toexplain but it's a beautiful watch. As of right now, I'm actually contemplating about a BigBang or Portuguese. If I get the Portuguese, I might have tosettle and buy the Tag's Calibre S or Carrera Chrono for casual wear along with my Burberry watches. I think that's more reasonable because if I buythe Hublot, I just can't imagine myself wearing my other watches anymore
laugh.gif
. A couple of months ago I could either have both the Portuguese and BigBang or a car, I opted for the car. i'm back on track though and justwaiting for that one good deal to strike.

Originally Posted by baller mayo

someone recommend me a watch. Im looking for a leather strap, big round face, and a little bit of ice, not too much. And not too pricey lol Something like those Benny watches, but that price range is too intense for me... Thanks anyone

If $1,700 is too intense for you, I'm not sure what watch to recommend for you with a little "ice" in it. Unless you're looking for somecubic zirconia or swarovsky crystal "ice" on watches, your choices would be very limited. Try contacting LAX from the jewelry thread, he might beable to hook you up with something but like I said, for that price, it'll be hard to find a decent watch unless your not too worried about the movement.Then maybe you can get a quartz with some diamonds in it.

Where do you see $1,700 ? Thats not bad for me. The benny's i was seeing were like $5-10k
Oh I just read JayPesoz's post where he said he bought his leather watch for $1,700 a few years back. I think this is the one he was talking abouton page 3.
mens30_1_zm-395x565.jpg

If your looking to spend $5k or less, then definitely contact LAX. A couple of months ago he was selling a jeweled Breitling Super Avenger for around thatprice, it doesn't have a leather strap but you can probably some nice croc skin to replace them. Give us a more precise price range and maybe I couldprovide more suggestion. Are you just mainly looking for the looks or does movement matters as well? I don't know much about Benny Co. but I've neverheard of them having a great movement like Jacob&Co but I could be wrong.

Its hard to say a specific price range, I wanna say $2k tops, but theres a few joints like 'damn, id drop 5 for that one right there.'

Due to my lack of knowledge on watch movement, and I wouldn't be able to tell a cheap from a great movement, I'm going to say looks > movement rightnow

I got a Basic G-shock and a white Nooka watch
frown.gif

But my next pickup might be.....

Oris Artelier Chrono 44.5 mm

8fo304x.jpg

Nice,simple and classy...And it's goin' for a decent price on Ebay

When my money get right I'm coppin these with the quickness...

Corum Admiral Cup 48"
smokin.gif

8b5fzao.jpg

Grahm Swordfish Right Hand

89hzgwg.jpg

Arnold & Sons White Enisgn

6labpg8.jpg

Found these for great prices too...but still too high for my blood
ohwell.gif

Yeah im trying to get an all black Breitling or something in the near future as im approaching fat stacks as of lately thanks to the fine nightlife of LosAngeles. Iced out it childish, trying to get my strictly business. Any other watch brands i should look out for that have dropped appropriate blacked outwatches? Im new to this watch game.

This is the one i bought my da for dads day. it is a accutron. i love these watches
ec3155eaf360bfe3ecced5014c320e71bba0f79.pjpg

c3635775e1b8fff162a6bbfce4a5d31cda98615.pjpg

361352cdecf0fa71620abc97e44df2658252678.pjpg

This one is mine i rock on a daily.
837155eafb6fbbee28528765cd3a2ef9f251e5f.pjpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by yamakazi18

that's definitely a very dressy vacheron, understated elegance, modern yet conservative enough for suitings. i'd vote for a vintage patek as well (new pateks will run you a house and then some), both companies being at the top tier. for alternative dress watches i'd vouch for vintage longines, especially the refracted mystery dial face. pateks, of course, are in the vacheron range, but i'd opt for the vintage patek, something about vintage pateks just go so well with suits
pimp.gif
i myself will also probably end up purchasing the portuguese, it's just one of those things where once you get into the hobby, it's one of the staple "must haves" for a lot of people
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Yeah, Vacheron is in my long list of "wants" but the Portuguese is just something that doesn't seem liek it would get old. It has such a classic look yet not exactly vintage but modern. It's hard to explain but it's a beautiful watch. As of right now, I'm actually contemplating about a BigBang or Portuguese. If I get the Portuguese, I might have to settle and buy the Tag's Calibre S or Carrera Chrono for casual wear along with my Burberry watches. I think that's more reasonable because if I buy the Hublot, I just can't imagine myself wearing my other watches anymore
laugh.gif
. A couple of months ago I could either have both the Portuguese and BigBang or a car, I opted for the car. i'm back on track though and just waiting for that one good deal to strike.

i think to a normal person, the choice of watch vs. car is pretty obvious. i think they'd call us crazy for choosing the watch. go for the IWC, but ifyou want to be different - go for the BB. at least you could sell your designer watches here or something to gain back a small but of your spending
laugh.gif

someone recommend me a watch. Im looking for a leather strap, big round face, and a little bit of ice, not too much. And not too pricey lol Something like those Benny watches, but that price range is too intense for me... Thanks anyone
i think in general most NT'ers don't care about movement, but only about the dial. if so, there are plenty of choices that are quartz andlook great. try craigslist - there are always sellers there that sell great finds, and it's usually not in high demand because everyone else is looking onebay instead, or they don't trust the whole meeting up thing. there are also a few watch forums that sell at great prices, so look around, you're boundto find something you like for 1.7k.

i'd actually recommend reading about movements before any big purchases. let's face it, we all get bored of our watches at some point, especially if webought it when n00b and we want to resell it later. quartz resell flat out sucks. automatic resells are great.
happy.gif

I have a ton of watches and don't really feel like posting them all, but let me just say there are some beautiful watches in here...

Originally Posted by AC4Three

I have a ton of watches and don't really feel like posting them all, but let me just say there are some beautiful watches in here...

mhmm...except the ones that have diamonds in them.

I got this in a different color....
3333_1.JPG

got this one too...

51rqVoUO0%2BL._SS500_.jpg

And another one, but can't find any pics. Nothing special but they'll do.

Back
Top Bottom