Prince, Passes Away at 57.

Yo..if "Purple Rain" doesn't bring tears to your eyes, you have no soul :smh:

This song really hits me heavy after his death yesterday

Tmz is saying he OD'd on percs a few days back.

I get prescribed 15mg for my back issues but only take them for bad flare ups. I've never craved them when I'm not in pain so never understood why people get hooked to them. Really is a sad situation though.

He had hip replacement surgery a few years back. I wonder if that had something to do with it. It could be a Gerald Levert situation also.

^ He also dated Vanessa Marcil back in the day & wrote The Most Beautiful Girl In The World for her...

I could have sworn it was about Mayte

Yo..if "Purple Rain" doesn't bring tears to your eyes, you have no soul :smh:

This song really hits me heavy after his death yesterday

I can't listen to it. I turned it off.

When I think of the song I think of it in terms of the movie, him dying changes the tone for me.

Last edited:
I will die for you is my personal favorite. For me, it has the equivalent effect of riding a roller coaster.

STRAIGHT EXHILARATING!!!

It's funny you mention that song, it was my favorite song off of the Purple Rain soundtrack. I just love the beat so much

One of my favorite scenes in Purple Rain after he shuts the club down with Darlin Nikki

Billy: What the **** wrong with you, Kid?

The Kid: I ain't got time for your ********, Billy. What do you want?

Billy: This stage is no place for your personal ****, man!

The Kid: That's life, man.

Billy: Life, my ***, ************! This is a business, and you ain't too far gone to see that yet! I told you before, you're not packin' them in like you used to. No one digs your music but yourself.

The Kid: **** OFF!

My favorite scene is wen morris day is hollerin at dat chick and prince goes on stage and plays "the beautiful ones"

I listened 2 that song nonstop wen i first heard it

Not sure how long this will stay up but here's a live show from '82 featuring Prince & the Revolution at the Capitol Theatre Passaic, NJ.

Been listening to it while at work.

Wendy & Lisa :smokin Dex Dickerson :pimp:

Setlist:
0:00:00 - The Second Coming
0:02:00 - Uptown
0:04:50 - Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad?
0:12:24 - I Wanna Be Your Lover
0:29:14 - Dirty Mind
0:35:42 - Do Me, Baby
0:45:45 - Controversy
0:53:01 - Let's Work
1:00:55 - Encore Applause
1:02:55 - Jack U Off
1:07:42 - Applause

Incubus did a cover of Let's Go Crazy...

Not the best audio quality but Chrches did a decent cover of I Would Die For You... If you're gonna cover the song doe, you gonna need to do the hand movements too...

Sorry, just posting some stuff some of you might like seeing in light of Prince's passing...

Questlove, D'Angelo, Elvis Costello, Alice Smith, Citizen Cope, Wendy & Susannah Melvoin, Bilal, Talib Kweli, Booker T. Jones, & Nelson George talking about Prince during a tribute concert in NYC back in 2013.

Toure along with Questlove, Alan Leeds, & Danyel Smith talking about Prince...

For lulz, Maya Rudolph & Gretchen Lieberum covering Darling Nicki...

Last edited:
Not sure how long this will stay up but here's a live show from '82 featuring Prince & the Revolution at the Capitol Theatre Passaic, NJ.

Been listening to it while at work.

Wendy & Lisa :smokin Dex Dickerson :pimp:

Setlist:
0:00:00 - The Second Coming
0:02:00 - Uptown
0:04:50 - Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad?
0:12:24 - I Wanna Be Your Lover
0:29:14 - Dirty Mind
0:35:42 - Do Me, Baby
0:45:45 - Controversy
0:53:01 - Let's Work
1:00:55 - Encore Applause
1:02:55 - Jack U Off
1:07:42 - Applause

Such a great concert. Never gets old. Dirty Mind is my fav Prince album

My favorite scene is wen morris day is hollerin at dat chick and prince goes on stage and plays "the beautiful ones"

I listened 2 that song nonstop wen i first heard it

Morris Day is the damn man :lol:

Favorite part of Purple Rain is when he almost hits Morris with the bike and he's like "man I just got this **** out the cleaners" :lol:

Prince cover of Radiohead's Creep when he headlined Coachella in 2008. It had been available via bootlegs only until late last year when Thom Yorke gave permission for it to be posted on YT...
Man....how can 1 be so masterful/graceful/beautiful/ <insert any other adjective> on damn near every instrument you pick up? 
embarassed.gif
nthat.gif

His solos always leave me in awe regardless how many times I see them.

Damn man, this is terrible that he is gone 
mean.gif

Edit: 

I remember watching a show and they were talking about the MJ song "Bad" and how they wanted Prince to be in the video, but when he saw the lyrics "Your butt is mine," he turned the offer down. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Prince cover of Radiohead's Creep when he headlined Coachella in 2008. It had been available via bootlegs only until late last year when Thom Yorke gave permission for it to be posted on YT...

this right here man. It's crazy to me how he fought so hard to keep his stuff off youtube and basically never made his stuff free. I never got the chance to see him live, and the only exposure I have of him doing actual performances was from superbowl, music videos, or his movie/tv show appearances. I've always heard from my mom that he was by far the best performance she's ever seen in her life bar none. And she's seen rolling stones at their peak, hendrix, U2, chili peppers, paul mccartney, whitney houston, etc. etc. I never could really grasp what she meant until I recently saw some of his live shows finally start to creep up on YT.

Back
Top Bottom