Prince, Passes Away at 57.

Not my favorite or even in my top 8.. But I assume those have been named already
It's my number 1, he chose this as 1 of 2 songs to close the movie out. Just saying...
didn't mean to say or indicate anything negative about the song.. it's one of my favorites (which is why I posted it)

but his music was just THAT good, that this song wasn't in my top 8

I'm at about my 84th watch of that solo from While My Guitar Gently Weeps, I keep finding new **** in it every time I hear it.

As a guitarist, it makes me both want to keep learning and quit forever at the same time, because I see what I should aspire to be and what I never will be in it.  Absolute effortless talent.

I'm in real tears reading the story about the drummer someone posted earlier. lol

The stories are so outrageous & amazing at the same time. :rofl:

The tennis story reminded of the Charlie Murphy story about basketball. lol
Listened to Prince talk about how much truth there was to the Chapelle sketch yesterday. Said all of it was basically true. He even talked to Dave Chappelle afterwards regarding it. 

That's incredible.  Here's a story from a guy I've known for a while.
Here's my Epic Prince Encounter story - or rather, a friend's Prince Encounter story.

She was visiting Los Angeles and got onto a city bus.

After taking her seat and waiting for a while for others to load, Prince suddenly strutted onto the bus, entering through the back door with two women on his arms (each a foot taller than he was). Draped in a fur coat, he strolled up the center aisle of the bus until he stopped and lowered his shades. He made eye contact with my friend. And then, he softly asked her: "Do you know who Prince is?"

Her eyes bugged out and she stammered "Uh... yes."

Prince grinned and put his shades back on. Then he strolled right back off the ******' bus.

Yes, he only got onto the bus to ask a random passenger that very question. 

To this day, we still look at each other and softly say "Do you know who Prince is?"

Last edited:

Another story that's incredible
eek.gif

pimp.gif

We're going to be hearing these amazing stories about Prince for years to come. One thing's for sure, that man knew how to live life. And he lived it the right way by helping others without seeking recognition. 

We're going to be hearing these amazing stories about Prince for years to come. One thing's for sure, that man knew how to live life. And he lived it the right way by helping others without seeking recognition. 

I'd read every one of them too.

Back
Top Bottom