Props to my fellow Black people that use "Big words" and all, but...

Who here is unfamiliar with the the rhetoric of Walter "Clyde" Frazier?

IMG_5217%20Walt%20Clyde%20Frazier.jpg

Who gave this *!*+% a thesaurus? He looks/sounds so...... colored. I hate when older black folks talk out of character like it's 1895 they're trying prove they too can read. He sounds like Magic Johnson playing Scrabble for the blind. I watch Knicks games on closed captioning just to see if the stenographers can keep up with his 3.84 "big words" per sentence rate. They struggle. It's understandable.. I can't stand his superfluous albeit impeccable lexicon. He and Mike Tyson have that same problem.

What is that?

(Please retort.)

Who here is unfamiliar with the the rhetoric of Walter "Clyde" Frazier?

IMG_5217%20Walt%20Clyde%20Frazier.jpg

Who gave this *!*+% a thesaurus? He looks/sounds so...... colored. I hate when older black folks talk out of character like it's 1895 they're trying prove they too can read. He sounds like Magic Johnson playing Scrabble for the blind. I watch Knicks games on closed captioning just to see if the stenographers can keep up with his 3.84 "big words" per sentence rate. They struggle. It's understandable.. I can't stand his superfluous albeit impeccable lexicon. He and Mike Tyson have that same problem.

What is that?

(Please retort.)

eh. why single out black people though?
people who use big words unnaturally sound off, no matter their ethnicity

walt frazier is the greatest.

and he says all he does is read books and read the dictionary.

Started out as something he used to do for school reading a word a day... and he just kept up with it.
Dude probably could win any spelling bee.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

truth.

i got a friend who always uses big words and all of us just him the face like
grin.gif

truth.

i got a friend who always uses big words and all of us just him the face like
grin.gif

walt frazier is the greatest.

and he says all he does is read books and read the dictionary.

Started out as something he used to do for school reading a word a day... and he just kept up with it.
Dude probably could win any spelling bee.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]
tired.gif

Either way, Clyde's use of words is appreciated.[/color]
pimp.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]
tired.gif

Either way, Clyde's use of words is appreciated.[/color]
pimp.gif

You obviously don't know shhh about Clyde. If you can't stand it, just keep listening to those Indiana announcers and don't watch Knicks games on MSG.

I'm not even going to get in to the he sounds colored or he sounds like he's trying to hard to impress somebody implication you're making in your post.

Clyde's style of talk and way with words is a staple in NYC just as much as Marv Albert's voice was. There is no problem with it. Did he say "neophyte" or "percolate" and you had a hard time understanding?

Also, if you seriously consider them big words and you don't use them in your everyday conversations, that's just you.
indifferent.gif
@ bringing up Mike Tyson.

You obviously don't know shhh about Clyde. If you can't stand it, just keep listening to those Indiana announcers and don't watch Knicks games on MSG.

I'm not even going to get in to the he sounds colored or he sounds like he's trying to hard to impress somebody implication you're making in your post.

Clyde's style of talk and way with words is a staple in NYC just as much as Marv Albert's voice was. There is no problem with it. Did he say "neophyte" or "percolate" and you had a hard time understanding?

Also, if you seriously consider them big words and you don't use them in your everyday conversations, that's just you.
indifferent.gif

Not to say it doesn't happen, but I can only speak on what I know. I thought it was just us and I thought it was only for the reason I listed. Whew! I'm glad that you made me realize it's not only a Black thing. I was actually embarrassed for a second
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

indifferent.gif
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelax...

Clyde is the man.

You mad?
Not nearly as much as ATGD is
grin.gif

i.e George W. Bush
Not quite the same..

Not to say it doesn't happen, but I can only speak on what I know. I thought it was just us and I thought it was only for the reason I listed. Whew! I'm glad that you made me realize it's not only a Black thing. I was actually embarrassed for a second
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

indifferent.gif
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelax...

Clyde is the man.

You mad?
Not nearly as much as ATGD is
grin.gif

i.e George W. Bush
Not quite the same..

You seriously thought that was just a black thing? Seriously? How much thought did you even give that issue?

I'm not mad. Your ignorance is just appalling.

You seriously thought that was just a black thing? Seriously? How much thought did you even give that issue?

I'm not mad. Your ignorance is just appalling.

Back
Top Bottom