PS3 not reading disks......what to do?

Mokorider

formerly nosepiker
I was wondering if my PS3's drive crashed, can I use any internal hard drive to fix it? Don't really feel like blowing $150 for Sony to repair it.

I was reading up on another forum, and they recommended the 2.5" SATA 320 GB Western Digital Scorpio but, I wanna know if it'll solve the issue of it not reading my disks, and not only just to give me more memory.

....I'm doing the system restore atm, so hopefully this fixes this issue.

Has anyone had this problem with their PS3? If so, is there anything I can try manually?

I was wondering if my PS3's drive crashed, can I use any internal hard drive to fix it? Don't really feel like blowing $150 for Sony to repair it.

I was reading up on another forum, and they recommended the 2.5" SATA 320 GB Western Digital Scorpio but, I wanna know if it'll solve the issue of it not reading my disks, and not only just to give me more memory.

....I'm doing the system restore atm, so hopefully this fixes this issue.

Has anyone had this problem with their PS3? If so, is there anything I can try manually?

I did last summer, I ended up getting a new system...

There are a few possible things you can try: System Restore which you seemed to have already tried, it could be dust inside the system, or try a blu ray lens cleaner..

None of them worked for me when I tried but I read those are things you can try......

I did last summer, I ended up getting a new system...

There are a few possible things you can try: System Restore which you seemed to have already tried, it could be dust inside the system, or try a blu ray lens cleaner..

None of them worked for me when I tried but I read those are things you can try......

Actually just had this issue with my ps3. Bought the blu-ray lens for my ps3 (kes-400a) for 50 bucks from gamerepairworld.com and replaced it, joint was like new again.

Actually just had this issue with my ps3. Bought the blu-ray lens for my ps3 (kes-400a) for 50 bucks from gamerepairworld.com and replaced it, joint was like new again.

This happened to a friend of mine, either send it to Sony, buy a replacement lens and fix it yourself, or buy a new one. Is it a 40gig PS3?

This happened to a friend of mine, either send it to Sony, buy a replacement lens and fix it yourself, or buy a new one. Is it a 40gig PS3?

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

How difficult was this?

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

How difficult was this?

this has actually happpened to me twice now. Im on my third PS3 Best Buy Warranties for the win

this has actually happpened to me twice now. Im on my third PS3 Best Buy Warranties for the win

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

[h3]
PS3 not reading disks......what to do?
[/h3]
Buy a 360
roll.gif
smh.gif

Just get a PS3 Slim.

Back
Top Bottom