PS3 not reading disks......what to do?

I have the same problem. But since I tend to neglect things, I have been playing demos since September 09
smh.gif

Im going to try replacing the blu ray lens tho. Thanks for that link up there.

I have the same problem. But since I tend to neglect things, I have been playing demos since September 09
smh.gif

Im going to try replacing the blu ray lens tho. Thanks for that link up there.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Actually just had this issue with my ps3. Bought the blu-ray lens for my ps3 (kes-400a) for 50 bucks from gamerepairworld.com and replaced it, joint was like new again.

How difficult was this?
Not too difficult at all if you're a technical person and you're careful.  If you've ever put small furniture together, this is easier. I'll post more details later if ya'll need help.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Actually just had this issue with my ps3. Bought the blu-ray lens for my ps3 (kes-400a) for 50 bucks from gamerepairworld.com and replaced it, joint was like new again.

How difficult was this?
Not too difficult at all if you're a technical person and you're careful.  If you've ever put small furniture together, this is easier. I'll post more details later if ya'll need help.

My ps3 does this from time to time. After leaving it off for an extended period of time it begins to work again.

My ps3 does this from time to time. After leaving it off for an extended period of time it begins to work again.

how old is your ps3? if its under 1 year you still have the warranty on there... as far as fixing the ps3 you have 2 options 1 is taking the L and give it to sony to fix for 150 or try to get it fixed local through craigslist.. i dont know too much about that but some people here said they did that...

how old is your ps3? if its under 1 year you still have the warranty on there... as far as fixing the ps3 you have 2 options 1 is taking the L and give it to sony to fix for 150 or try to get it fixed local through craigslist.. i dont know too much about that but some people here said they did that...

This $$%@@$%$ happened to me when GTA came out. I was MAD heated, I copped at midnight and played a few missions before going to sleep. I wake up hella excited to play and this MF'er doesn't want to read my discs anymore. The internet and everything else worked except for when i tried to put a game in. I tried restoring, completely deleting everything, etc. and nothing helped. I was furious. Wasnt able to get another PS3 for a couple of months.

It could be too much dust built up inside your system, or it could also be your "eye" (disc reader essentially) could have melted a bit if your system is kept in a hot place, especially while playing. I had the OG 20GB PS3 so maybe something in the 1st generation wasn't right but either way its some BS for a next gen system to do that, I never had one problem with my PS2, Xbox, or even Dreamcast..

This $$%@@$%$ happened to me when GTA came out. I was MAD heated, I copped at midnight and played a few missions before going to sleep. I wake up hella excited to play and this MF'er doesn't want to read my discs anymore. The internet and everything else worked except for when i tried to put a game in. I tried restoring, completely deleting everything, etc. and nothing helped. I was furious. Wasnt able to get another PS3 for a couple of months.

It could be too much dust built up inside your system, or it could also be your "eye" (disc reader essentially) could have melted a bit if your system is kept in a hot place, especially while playing. I had the OG 20GB PS3 so maybe something in the 1st generation wasn't right but either way its some BS for a next gen system to do that, I never had one problem with my PS2, Xbox, or even Dreamcast..

Back
Top Bottom