Psychic Claims That Steve Jobs Isn't Having A Nice Afterlife

After this thread and that thread on the neurosurgeon who saw claims to have seen the afterlife, the caliber of responses are just hilarious to me.

Again we see someone who claims to have witnessed the afterlife and "the other side," but yet you all don't believe them.

I mean its like NOW we need evidence or that their claims seem incredulous.

How ironic. 
roll.gif

She's very good at acting man. If I was telling a lie like that, there's no way I could keep a straight face.

Maybe not, but they're all sure that they're going. I'll tell you that. >D
I just don't understand how folks can really believe they can sin each and every day of their lives and just "be truly sorry" and their God will forgive them and let them into the pearly gates.

If I were God I would be insulted that folks think it is that easy to get into my country club.

C'mon, putty...don't turn this thread into another long-winded thesis thread. Just laugh at the dumbness and keep it moving. You're gonna have heart problems by the time you're 28 if you continue to be so uptight.

Maybe not, but they're all sure that they're going. I'll tell you that. 
grin.gif
I just don't understand how folks can really believe they can sin each and every day of their lives and just "be truly sorry" and their God will forgive them and let them into the pearly gates.

If I were God I would be insulted that folks think it is that easy to get into my country club.
Funny you note this as its one of the flaws of Pascal's Wager that even he acknowledged when he thought of it himself

Pascals Wager is: "Its better to believe just in case there really is XYZ"

And the flaw is: Do you think you could trick yourself into believing beyond what this all knowing entity ("God") would really not be able to see through? Like if you say, "i'll believe just in case," do you think god would really be fooled with your desire to CYA instead of ACTUALLY believing? 

But yeah, "sinning" is easy when all you have to do is think someone has forgiven you. 

Last edited:
The same cast of characters shooting down people's belief on religion it never fails :lol:

Last edited:
Yea I had someone hit me with the, "Why won't you just believe just in case it is all true." I said, I can't MAKE myself believe in something. What the hell kinda command is that to send to my mind. :lol:

The same cast of characters shooting down people's belief on religion it never fails
laugh.gif
Save it.

Theres nothing I, or any others, could say that you could have overlooked if you still choose to "believe."

Like I said. There is someone who has claimed to spoken to someone in the "afterlife" and its amazing that no one believes her.

That says more about the degree of YOUR faith, than anything. 

I find this sort of comment funny personally. Do you not find a problem with those who claim to believe her? Why aren't you saying: "The same cast of characters supporting their belief on religion it never fails"

It seems that you're only accounting for one end of the spectrum. Pull your pants up, your bias is showing. 

Last edited:
Yea I had someone hit me with the, "Why won't you just believe just in case it is all true." I said, I can't MAKE myself believe in something. What the hell kinda command is that to send to my mind.
laugh.gif
Bingo.

The more elegant way Pascal put it was that his wager fallaciously asserts that "belief was subject to the will," meaning that you can't really choose to believe something. 

You know in the back of your mind whether or not you really do, no matter what you tell others or force yourself to believe.

Last edited:
Look you clown don't adress me at all. I know what I believe, your pitiful obsessive rants aren't going to change my outlook on anything. Thanks.
Dude is od bitter, always.
Your logic:

Poking holes in magic thinking = You must be unhappy.

Troll on brother. Someone is going to appreciate that novel cognitive output of yours. 

People don't like being told they're stupid, that much is clear. Only certain people are bitter in these threads, and it is not Putty.

Save it.

Theres nothing I, or any others, could say that you could have overlooked if you still choose to "believe."

Like I said. There is someone who has claimed to spoken to someone in the "afterlife" and its amazing that no one believes her.

I find this sort of comment funny personally. Do you not find a problem with those who claim to believe her? Why aren't you saying: "The same cast of characters supporting their belief on religion it never fails"

It seems that you're only accounting for one end of the spectrum. Pull your pants up, your bias is showing. 

My faith? You don't know my faith G. I have never stated on NT my faith, simply because it's people like you who get off to going into every religion thread on NT and proving why there is no such thing as religion.

I don't find a problem with people who claim to believe her, and I don't find a problem with people who don't believe her. Why should I? It isn't that serious. Make your claim, state your belief and leave it at that. My point is that is it really necessary to go in EVERY SINGLE RELIGION THREAD AND DISPEL RELIGION? REALLY?

Do you really get off constantly going at those who believe in what they want to believe in? It appears as so.

And what bias do I have? I simply say its funny how the same cast of characters (really you) go into every religion thread with your armor and bullets prepared to go to war even after you've already fought the same war over and over and over again. There's no bias in that. Every person on NT can attest to you being in Relgiion threads turning up g and if that's your get down, so be. But for me, It's not cool to constantly challenge what someone believes in. Let em cook.

Save it.

My faith? You don't know my faith G. I have never stated on NT my faith, simply because it's people like you who get off to going into every religion thread on NT and proving why there is no such thing as religion.

I don't find a problem with people who claim to believe her, and I don't find a problem with people who don't believe her. Why should I? It isn't that serious. Make your claim, state your belief and leave it at that. My point is that is it really necessary to go in EVERY SINGLE RELIGION THREAD AND DISPEL RELIGION? REALLY?
TL;DR: Don't post in threads with opinions I don't like.
Do you really get off constantly going at those who believe in what they want to believe in? It appears as so.
Do you get off not saying anything to those that constantly affirm that they do?

Your bias. 

Its showing. 

And what bias do I have? I simply say its funny how the same cast of characters (really you) go into every religion thread with your armor and bullets prepared to go to war even after you've already fought the same war over and over and over again. There's no bias in that. Every person on NT can attest to you being in Relgiion threads turning up g and if that's your get down, so be. But for me, It's not cool to constantly challenge what someone believes in. Let em cook.
Well its a good thing you have a decision to reply to a topic instead of being forced into them. 

Let me know when I have to consider whether or not you'll be reading.

Remember, there is nothing more disruptive to a thread than posting about other members participating in a thread. 

...unless you have something you'd like to contribute? 

Back
Top Bottom