Pushups. .

How many of you dudes have a consistent push up goal each day? and if so how many? i usually try an do 100 each day, not always at the same time but just makesure i reach 100 b4 the nights over

When I'm home I do 10 pushups at random times. I could be sitting at the computer and I'll just drop down and do 10. After I digest a meal I do 10. Atthe end of the day I have at least 10 sets under my belt.

It helps until it's too easy for you to do.

My goal is at 100 a day too. I'm still struggling to get up there and I don't always make it though.. so I guess it's staying at 100 for now.

Originally Posted by MAYOR of NYC

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

I used to, but I wanna know does it really help tho?

unless ur severely overweight..pushups wont do anything muscle building-wise

you must have done quite a few, i heard you got quite brolic. thats a good look my dude.
pimp.gif

I don't do pushups anymore, because working out with only your own body weight can only get you so far.
yeah, whenever I want to do pushups.. just to add to my workout sometimes for the hell of it, I put on a weight jacket and have me legs on a chair

I do 300 a night.......When Im watchin tv, I just knock out 30 at every commercial break.

You should be able to get yourself up to 100 in one set if your doing 100+ every day. I wanted to enter in a pushup and situp competition at this navy base,but i left before it started, i would won too.

Pushups are good you just have to do variations , wide grip , close grip , shoulder press there are a bunch of them and some are pretty tough and also somepull up. variations will get you a good workout

I do about a 100/day. I read somewhere that doing pushups will only get you a boxer/martial artist type of body since it's more endurance training thananything else. Don't know if that's true or not

damn i have only done 2 diamond push ups in my life. I can hit 40 in a row but imma try what subliminal said and just hit 10 real quick at random times.

before i use to do 200 push ups a night.

4 sets of 50 straight. sometimes i break the 50 up into 25.

the most i did straight was 65. and im fat lol

are they good for just toning up? im not looking to get huge...just want to get a little cut and tone up

Originally Posted by MAYOR of NYC

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

I used to, but I wanna know does it really help tho?

unless ur severely overweight..pushups wont do anything muscle building-wise

Not true at all, since ive been doin 100 a night ive gained more musle tone in my arm and also got my chest more sculp nh

but like others have said if it gets to easy it doesnt help as much anymore. but thats true with everything you do, if your lifting and doing the sameamount of sets everytime over time your body will get use to it and it wont have as much of affect as it once did. Thats why you add on weight etc.

i usually do wide grip push up with the dumb bells i have and then vary it up with a set or two of diamonds.

theres no point in doing push ups just to do pushups...

for the guy that says he does 10 pushups at a random time and does that around 10 times a day...(10 sets of 10)

you gotta do it til you feel soreness and burn and until you can't do anymore...

otherwise someone can 1 pushup and do that 100 times a day and it will be the same as doing 100 pushups at one time...

just do it until the point where you are struggling...then fight hard to do that last one...

now im no body builder or buff guy....but thats what trainers at the gym teach you

i only do pushups after i workout chest/triceps at the gym to give it an extra burn...but other than that i may do pushups just to pump up my chest/tris beforegoin out or something

Back
Top Bottom