QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

Mannings 04 year I have never seen a qb play like that ever before. Dude was literally in the zone the whole freaking year. 2 games stand out from that year. First was the shootout in KC that he lost 42-35 where he passed for 472 5tds and then when the Colts were playing the Chargers, it was 4th n 2 and Dungy sent the punt team and Manning sent them back. Dungy's reaction was priceless.

If the Colts let him he could have thrown close to 60tds that year. He got pulled in the 3rd so many times.

Rodgers in 2011 was special but Peyton in 04 had the potential to have even crazier madden like numbers.

Keep feeling like 36/4 in 2010 gets underrated for some reason. Almost 500 attempts too...

Last edited:
Keep feeling like 36/4 in 2010 gets underrated for some reason. Almost 500 attempts too...

That was the Brady season on my list. Everyone talks about 2007 but 2010 is my favorite. :pimp:

Think you're the only I've seen who's mentioned it since we've been on the subject of great QB seasons. I agree with you,50 TD's is crazy but 4 int's an entire season is crazier imo :wow: :x. Dude was just so damn accurate that season and it's not like he had a running game and wasn't throwing as much :lol:.

Goddamn Jets had to ruin that season :smh:

Last edited:

That was the Brady season on my list. Everyone talks about 2007 but 2010 is my favorite. :pimp:

Think you're the only I've seen who's mentioned it since we've been on the subject of great QB seasons. I agree with you,50 TD's is crazy but 4 int's an entire season is crazier imo :wow: :x. Dude was just so damn accurate that season and it's not like he had a running game and wasn't throwing as much :lol:.

Baby Gronk and Hernandez tearing it up. Wes catching about 200 balls. Lawfirm rushing for a dozen tubs. McCourty going All-Pro. 2010 Pats were a fun team to watch. :pimp:

Baby Gronk and Hernandez tearing it up. Wes catching about 200 balls. Lawfirm rushing for a dozen tubs. McCourty going All-Pro. 2010 Pats were a fun team to watch. :pimp:

All-pro at CB too :lol: :pimp:. The Law firm has fallen off the face of the earth man :lol:. Mark ******* Sanchez got a W in January at Gilette...:x :stoneface: :smh:

Last edited:
You're not lying. The league ain't ready for this years 4 TE sets...:smokin

Last edited:

Yeah 2010 Brady was insane.

I value efficient seasons like that over yardage seasons.

To be fair, 16-0 is as efficient as it gets.

I loved watching Brady's 2010 season with the 2 TE sets, but I can't say it was better than 2007. During that streak in a league like the NFL normally you'd say they're bound to lose. Not Brady during that regular season. Every single week I was 100% convinced that whichever team they were playing was completely ******.

Last edited:
I feel like Steve Young is already falling into the shadows of being one of the most underrated quarterbacks of all-time. I know a lot of us who did watch him know just how great he was, but I just get that feeling that with the new era's since him, he won't get the proper due. Maybe underrated is the wrong word...under-appreciated, maybe?

I'm sifting through some of prior years and looking at passing leaders and I saw that in 2002, not one quarterback threw for more than 30 TD's. Brady led the way with 28. :lol: Might as well confuse it with the 70's with where the game is now.

As far as underrated qbs and seasons, Bert Jones' 1976 MVP year has to be up there.

Such a shame he got hurt. :frown:

As far as underrated qbs and seasons, Bert Jones' 1976 MVP year has to be up there.

Such a shame he got hurt.
frown.gif
Injury destroyed my fantasy team that year 
mean.gif

'Ol Bertie 
frown.gif

I'm intrigued to see Kaepernick this Sunday and going forward. He really has looked different -- better. Everyone should throw the ball all around on Pittsburgh, but he did what he should have done. Arizona will be a unique test.

Yeah, I've seen enough.

/chapter

Back
Top Bottom