QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

Stafford went back to his old ways yesterday during the 2nd quarter, I was highly disappointed. Hopefully the coaches actually hold him accountable unlike the old regime and get him to play more like week 1. The talent is there, just needs to put it all together.

Some great stuff today on Twitter from a guy I follow. He's a big QB tracker, not exactly sure what his actual job is, but he has all kinds of charts and stuff he tracks regarding QB's. *edit* He works for Football Outsiders. He loves movies and Spreadsheets, so pretty sure I like this guy. :lol:

Scott Kacsmar @FO_ScottKacsmar · 43m
The story on Seahawks vs. "Big Four" QBs shouldn't be about Wilson. It's the fact DEF has held DEN/NE/NO/GB to 14.4 PPG in 7 games (7-0).

Scott Kacsmar @FO_ScottKacsmar · 38m
Still, pretty disappointed to see the focus shift to Wilson's TD:INT ratio in those games. Uhh, it's the staggering defense that stands out.

Scott Kacsmar @FO_ScottKacsmar · 37m
I don't even know if Steel Curtain Steelers can say they held the best QBs of the 70's to 14 PPG. And that was a lower-scoring decade.

Scott Kacsmar @FO_ScottKacsmar · 27m
Didn't adjust for return scores, but...

Vs. DEN/NE/GB/NO, 2012-14
Seahawks - 28.6 PPG, 14.4 PAPG (7-0)
Colts - 27.8 PPG, 38.6 PAPG (2-3)

Scott Kacsmar @FO_ScottKacsmar · 26m
I mean, is scoring the 28 PPG a bigger story than the defense holding those HOF QBs to 14.4 PPG? Of course not. And Colts...ugh (no NO yet).

Scott Kacsmar @FO_ScottKacsmar · 24m
Dan Marino would have beat Jim Kelly more often if he didn't need so many points. Seattle's defense steps up in these games.

Scott Kacsmar @FO_ScottKacsmar · 23m
When a HOF QB plays **** LeBeau, he plays above HIS high average.
When a HOF QB plays 2012-14 SEA, he plays below LEAGUE average.
#Fact

Jeremy Damen @hMJem · 17m
@FO_ScottKacsmar For fun: Half of the TDs the Seahawks have given up this year came on short fields. RW INT, Percy fumble, Earl muffed punt

Scott Kacsmar @FO_ScottKacsmar · 15m
Missed this important part. Ideally, when you're playing a great QB you want to hold him below HIS average. Forcing a bad game is great D

Scott Kacsmar @FO_ScottKacsmar · 14m
That's why Eli is so interesting. His reg. season defenses are mediocre at best, but he's won 2 rings on those defenses owning HOF QBs in PO

Scott Kacsmar @FO_ScottKacsmar · 14m
Opposite of Eli, Roethlisberger's had elite reg. season defenses, but outside of 2005 they've basically flopped in big games vs. HOF QBs.

Scott Kacsmar @FO_ScottKacsmar · 13m
Then in Wilson's case, his defense just rarely plays bad against anyone, regular or post, HOFer or scrub (excpet Mike Glennon).

Scott Kacsmar @FO_ScottKacsmar · 9m
Even if you don't like my method of treating all fumbles equally, Luck's career INT% is 2.27%. Wilson is 2.25%. This TO stuff is a myth.

Scott Kacsmar @FO_ScottKacsmar · 10m
As a rookie for sure, but career turnover rates:
Luck - 2.99%
Wilson - 3.14%

Like I have said already this year, Eli baffles me. :lol:

laugh.gif

Bedard was asked what QB would he take to start a team today. Rank the top 3, I should say of the younger QBs:

3) MM8 :lol:
2) Luck
1) Wilson

the host of the radio show disagreed and went:

1) Luck
2) Wilson

Last edited:
Curious if anyone else saw all of Teddy's performance last weekend. I think he's real special. Definitely of that efficient, take what's given to you mode. What was most impressive was his demeanor and poise. The pressure didn't faze him in the slightest. He also showed good athleticism.

Only real negative was a few rocket shots on dumpoffs, but easily correctable. I wish Minnesota had a run game to help my dude out, but still excited nonetheless to see him play next Sunday.

Last edited:
Curious if anyone else saw all of Teddy's performance last weekend. I think he's real special. Definitely of that efficient, take what's given to you mode. What was most impressive was his demeanor and poise. The pressure didn't faze him in the slightest. He also showed good athleticism.

Only real negative was a few rocket shots on dumpoffs, but easily correctable. I wish Minnesota had a run game to help my dude out, but still excited nonetheless to see him play next Sunday.

didn't see him play, myself. but my coworker is a vikings fan and said he looked like he had a really live arm? he said the same thing about teddy taking what's there and not trying to do too much.

I have no reason to but I really want to see him do well
It seems like a lot of people feel that way...  me included.  Not sure why that is.

it's cause he seems to have his head on straight and his feet on the ground. i admit i know NOTHING about the guy, but everything i see and hear points to him doing the right things and doing what he needs to do. he comes across that way as well. you don't hear about him doing crazy **** off the field, either. and that's refreshing.

I want Teddy to do well because of all the BS bashing he took thru the draft process. (bashing may be strong, but either way, it pissed me off they hyped Bortles, but knocked Teddy)

Teddy looked good in that game. Made some nice plays. NO's defense has been kind of shaky but I liked what I saw in that small sample.

Also a big fan of Teddy. I expect him and Bortles to become pretty damn good QB's in the future.

Oh and Luck > Wilson.

Foles is proving himself game by game too. Still not completely sold but I'm turning the corner. Had an edge to him this past Sunday and showed great toughness after repeatedly getting blasted in the pocket.

Hi :smile:

Foles was tremendous this weekend. Really impressed with the way he played with no running game.

Flip side, Cousins wasn't too shabby neither. He certainly moves the ball better thru the air than RG has. Gettin pretty close to sure that Cousins is the new sheriff in town for good.

That said:

SI_DougFarrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 26m
One thing Cousins needs to fix, goes back to his college tape, is an inability to reset out of pressure. He throws from bad base too often

SI_DougFarrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 25m
Deep right-sideline incompletion to DeSean Jackson in 1st quarter, he moves in the pocket and throws flat-footed. Doesn't have arm to do it.

View media item 1193272

Last edited:
I want Teddy to do well because of all the BS bashing he took thru the draft process. (bashing may be strong, but either way, it pissed me off they hyped Bortles, but knocked Teddy)

It tripped me out to hear people hyping up guys like ******* Savage or Garrapolo or Carr and they decided to dump on Teddy.

It tripped me out to hear people hyping up guys like ******* Savage or Garrapolo or Carr and they decided to dump on Teddy.
There was one NFL "expert" who did a scouting report on Teddy saying his hands were too small. They also did a report on another QB saying his hands were fine, when both Teddy and the other QB had the same size hands.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom