QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

been waiting to discuss this. just finished it a couple days ago

i think we all know these guys on the field given how much we watch but off the field was pretty interesting. think cousins came off as super likable. just a super regular and nice dude...kinda has a goofy/gee golly feel about him. thought it was interesting how he's been able to negotiate tuesdays as 100% off. i know brady got special treatment down the end of the road but thought it was interesting that kirk does too. maybe a bunch of QBs do, who knows. mariota was just boring but his story was sort of an afterthought in the show, partly because of how his season went down i know. mahomes...something is just weird with him to me. doesn't take away from his ability as a QB but something about him was weird to me. the way he was re-telling what happened with and maxx to everyone after the game, the string on nonsensical yes sir's...i dunno. weird dude kinda. that said, was cool seeing how he works out and what type of stuff and how he trains. found it interesting they didn't feature jackson at all in it given how often he's there with brittany and pat.

Pretty much the exact same takeaway I had.

been waiting to discuss this. just finished it a couple days ago

i think we all know these guys on the field given how much we watch but off the field was pretty interesting. think cousins came off as super likable. just a super regular and nice dude...kinda has a goofy/gee golly feel about him. thought it was interesting how he's been able to negotiate tuesdays as 100% off. i know brady got special treatment down the end of the road but thought it was interesting that kirk does too. maybe a bunch of QBs do, who knows. mariota was just boring but his story was sort of an afterthought in the show, partly because of how his season went down i know. mahomes...something is just weird with him to me. doesn't take away from his ability as a QB but something about him was weird to me. the way he was re-telling what happened with him and maxx to everyone after the game, the string on nonsensical yes sir's...i dunno. kind of a disingenuous dude. weird dude kinda. that said, was cool seeing how he works out and what type of stuff and how he trains. found it interesting they didn't feature jackson at all in it given how often he's there with brittany and pat.
Yea I found Cousins lame/uninteresting :lol:. I guess he’s just too milquetoast for me. The whole thing with the chains was cringe when it was going on last year and read equally as lame/tone deaf during the show.

I definitely came away with more respect for Mahomes. He’s kinda a boring dude too but seeing how much work he puts in/how injured he actually was against the Bengals def made me respect what he’s done even more. Wife is annoying as she seems and they prob didn’t feature his brother at all because of all of the sexual assault stuff going on around him. Do wish we would’ve heard a little more on him and his Dad’s relationship. His Dad seems like he might be an alcoholic or something.

Agree that Mariota was pretty boring too and his storyline dried up pretty quick.

I love taking a football to the beach so I can get this off

IMG_0802.gif

All Houston has to do is surround him. But not having their 1st could hurt a lil.

To be honest, Richardson looked decent as a runner/athlete early before he got hurt, hope he gets a chance as well.

I am VERY curious where Fields goes if the Bears go all in for the #1 pick. The Bears are a QB graveyard, he could be fixed, imo.

I haven't really scanned all games, league wide, but it seems flags for DPI are down. Causation/correlation, I don't know. Just a small observation.

Even with the anomaly that is Week 6, this seems identical to the average dating back at least the previous six seasons.

Seems like the normal range is 11-12 QBs per season with a QBR greater than 60.

The discrepancy between Stroud and other rookie Q's is kinda wild. He seamlessly transitioned to the NFL. I liked/was intrigued by him, but didn't see this coming like it has.

Back
Top Bottom