QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

Dude WTF?  Would you have preferred I used QBA and QBB?  Has absolutely nothing to do with fantasy football, "kid."  I was simply taking the players' names out of the equation.

SMFH.

Last edited:
QB1 is Romo, QB2 is Flacco. The Ravens have had better teams as a collective whole than the Cowboys by a clear-cut margin when looking back. The fact that you're using records when Flacco was a rookie and won a playoff game should highlight how talented some of the teams he's been on are. Would Flacco be anywhere close to 10-5 had he been on the Cowboys from 2010-2013? No, he would have not made the playoffs like Romo...

And without doing work in the regular season to get into the playoffs, Flacco wouldn't have even be in the position to have a Super Bowl victory. That's why the regular season matters.

Last edited:
Dude WTF?  Would you have preferred I used QBA and QBB?  Has absolutely nothing to do with fantasy football, "kid."

:lol: I've never seen those terms used outside of fantasy football discussions.

In fact most folks who watch football wouldn't know what the **** you're talking about when you use that terminology since most don't even play fantasy.

Last edited:
QB1 is Romo, QB2 is Flacco. The Ravens have had better teams as a collective whole than the Cowboys by a clear-cut margin when looking back. The fact that you're using records when Flacco was a rookie and won a playoff game should highlight how talented some of the teams he's been on are.

oh no doubt, a lot of Flacco's success has been buoyed by the stellar defenses he's had on his team.

but how many times are we going to make excuses for Romo though? I just want to know.

Or are the stats the end all category for assessing a QB's ability?

I feel like you're somehow communicating with us from 2003.

i feel like comments like this are your way of avoiding the actual topic at hand.

All you've done is thrown some random stats together and said "here, Romo's better end of discussion".

those were some neat stats though, can't front.

Last edited:
In what way has Flacco had a way better team than Tony Romo?  I hate the way that is always stretched.

It's not like Flacco was all that mediocre these years. The guy may not put up eye-popping numbers but if you take out the outliers (his rookie year and his 2013 campaign) it's not like he was ever a middling QB.
This is one of the things that bothers me most about your line of reasoning.

You choose to discount his stats by taking out the outlier of his rookie year (because he had terrible stats), yet you are perfectly ok with using his rookie year record in the playoffs to prop up your argument.

Once again, solid logic.

Last edited:
The qualitative way you want to have an argument can't accomplish us anything, because we had disagreed qualitatively from the outset.

Using numbers actually gets us somewhere. Numbers separate opinions from facts. I know Flacco has something that can't be easily defined that helps him in the playoffs that others don't have, but it's not enough to make up the difference between he and Romo.

Last edited:
In what way has Flacco had a way better team than Tony Romo?  I hate the way that is always stretched.

:lol: shhhh, Romo never had Witten, Dez, Murray, oh and some dude named Terrell Owens. Weapons Flacco has never had (except Ray Rice and an aging Anquan).

You're ruining their argument!!!

Last edited:
This is one of the things that bothers me most about your line of reasoning.

You choose to discount his stats by taking out the outlier of his rookie year (because he had terrible stats), yet you are perfectly ok with using his rookie year record in the playoffs to prop up your argument.

Once again, solid logic.

Wasn't discounting his regular season stats though, I only said he's been a good regular season QB with the exception of two years. I've already said multiple times that Romo puts up better numbers in season.

No argument there.

laugh.gif
shhhh, Romo never had Witten, Dez, Murray, oh and some dude named Terrell Owens. Weapons Flacco has never had (except Ray Rice and an aging Anquan).

You're ruining their argument!!!
How about the fact that Romo's teams have been in the top half of the NFL in defense 3 times in his 10 year career, while Flacco's Ravens have been in the top half of the NFL in defense all but one year of his career, and often times in the top 10 or 5?

Does that not matter at all?

The qualitative way you want to have an argument can't accomplish us anything, because we had disagreed qualitatively from the outset.

Using numbers actually gets us somewhere. Numbers separate opinions from facts. I know Flacco has something that can't be easily defined that helps him in the playoffs that others don't have, but it's not enough to make up the difference between he and Romo.

Okay then heres a number.

The number of rings Flacco has, also 1 more than Romo has and likely ever will have.

Also if we're talking about quality of teams, I'll concede Flacco has benefitted from stellar defensive play over the years.

But has Romo not had the far superior offensive weapons? Like by far? :lol:

^ It doesn't matter, just like defense doesn't matter with the way the Cavs formed their team and in the way everybody pinned them as favorites. Defense doesn't matter until reality sets in and its suddenly 50 percent of the game.

I said Flacco had better teams, not better weapons. Logan Thomas could have threaded the Cowboys secondary in recent seasons.

Last edited:

Okay then heres a number.

The number of rings Flacco has, also 1 more than Romo has and likely ever will have.

Also if we're talking about quality of teams, I'll concede Flacco has benefitted from stellar defensive play over the years.

But has Romo not had the far superior offensive weapons? Like by far?
laugh.gif
Up until this year, havent the Ravens had a better offensive line every single year that Flacco has been in the league?  And better like far better?

Last edited:
How about the fact that Romo's teams have been in the top half of the NFL in defense 3 times in his 10 year career, while Flacco's Ravens have been in the top half of the NFL in defense all but one year of his career, and often times in the top 10 or 5?

Likewise does it not matter that Romo's teams have been a top-10 offense 4 of the last 6 seasons?

I mean, are you going to discount the fact that Romo has enjoyed far superior offensive weapons?

Or does that not matter at all?

Last edited:

Likewise does it not matter that Romo's teams have been a top-10 offense 4 of the last 6 seasons?

I mean, are you going to discount the fact that Romo has enjoyed far superior offensive weapons?

Or does that not matter at all?
He hasn't though.  Like I already addressed, Flacco's OLine was almost always better.  Baltimore's running game with Ray Rice and Willis McGahee was almost always better.  Sure, the Cowboys receivers have been better, but the Ravens have always had quality receivers, apart from maybe Flacco's rookie year.  Derrick Mason, Todd Heap, Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith, and Steve Smith are no slouches. 

Last edited:
He hasn't though.  Like I already addressed, Flacco's OLine was almost always better.  Baltimore's running game with Ray Rice and Willis McGahee was almost always better.  Sure, the Cowboys receivers have been better, but the Ravens have always had quality receivers, apart from maybe Flacco's rookie year.  Derrick Mason, Todd Heap, Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith, and Steve Smith are no slouches. 

:lol: Torrey Smith has no route tree my dude, Boldin played three seasons with Baltimore and never once went over 1000 yards receiving (though he seemed to hit another gear come playoff time), Todd Heap is NOWHERE the talent Jason Witten is BE REAL, and Mason's best years were in Tennessee.

Again none of those guys save Steve Smith who IS IN THE TWILIGHT of his career are not the caliber of weaponry of Dez, Witten, and Owens.

Are you serious with this comparison? Really bro?

Romo's teams have been a top-10 offense 4 of the last 6 seasons

So the counterpoint to the Ravens top-10 defense over the years is you, a Flacco supporter, bringing up how the Cowboys have had a top-10 offense four of the last 6 seasons... a unit that Tony Romo is fundamentally a part of? :rofl:

Thanks, no yeah we'll take you scoring on your own basket. Thank you.

Last edited:
So the counterpoint to the Ravens top-10 defense over the years is you, a Flacco supporter, bringing up how the Cowboys have had a top-10 offense four of the last 6 seasons... a unit that Tony Romo is fundamentally a part of? :rofl:

Thanks, no yeah we'll take that. Thank you.

oh so you're just going to discount that Flacco has had far inferior receivers to throw to?

Oh, okay. Cool.

I brought up the defense of the Ravens as a reason Flacco's teams have been great...

You brought up the Cowboys offense as a reason the Cowboys have been great?

Don't you realize you basically just said 'Romo's unit has been doing their part, it's obviously seems as if the defense is not coming through'? If you want just come out and say it outright.

Last edited:
I brought up the defense of the Ravens as a reason Flacco's teams have been great...

You brought up the Cowboys offense as a reason the Cowboys have been great?

Don't you realize you basically just said 'he's been doing his part, it's obviously the defense not coming through' which is funny, since you refuse to actually say those words.

it's a team game, that's a forgone conclusion and I don't need to say that for you to believe I know that.

but tell me, please, pray tell. Why did Tony Romo not target Dez more than 4 times in the Packers game?

Why?

Was that on the defense also? :lol:

laugh.gif
Torrey Smith has no route tree my dude, Boldin played three seasons with Baltimore and never once went over 1000 yards receiving (though he seemed to hit another gear come playoff time), Todd Heap is NOWHERE the talent Jason Witten is BE REAL, and Mason's best years were in Tennessee.

Again none of those guys save Steve Smith who IS IN THE TWILIGHT of his career are not the caliber of weaponry of Dez, Witten, and Owens.

Are you serious with this comparison? Really bro?
No where did I say that those guys compare to Dez, Witten and Owens....I simply stated they are no slouches. 

And LOL at you using the fact that Boldin never went over 1000 yards as a Raven as a way to prop up Flacco, when Boldin has gone over 1000 yards in every single healthy year of his career, apart from the years he played with Flacco. More solid logic.

Last edited:
Lets recap.

Ravens had better:

-Defense as a whole (by a lot)

-Running game (by a good amount too)

-Coaching (by a good amount)

Cowboys had better:

-Wide Receivers (by a good amount)

Cowboys and Ravens were similar in:

-Offensive line

But somehow, this doesn't mean that the Ravens have always had vastly superior teams.  Comical.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom