Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained (a Spaghetti Western) scheduled for release Christmas 2012

But to that quote you just posted, I would tell QT to make a movie seriously depicting the trials and tribulations that slaves had to go through, not a stylized spaghetti western. I think thats the main issue

would anyone want to see that?

at least he is approaching the subject at all. If one person sees this movie then goes to read about the realities of slavery, then I'd be happy.

I dont think this movie is meant to be a historical piece.
Will watch it for what its for. A MOVIE.
Watching tonight.
Heard its even on par with Pulp Fiction.
Thats some measuring right there.

so the jews got their revenge..

now african americans..

maybe we can get one with native americans, his style is unique and spike is mad he cant mess with QT's catalogue..

its disturbing that our worlds history is messed up, but it happened you cant change the fact that it happened..

i personally love tarantinos work, it gives it a raw feeling, like its just regular hitmen and drug dealers conversing..

i could see why spike would be upset, i mean i'd be pretty pissed if a white director thought about a movie empowering slaves..

Last edited:
native American spaghetti western may have worked even better than a black one.

I could see QT doing something cool with Native Americans.

I just don't get why Black people are mad about Django.

Even after reading all this, I don't get the reason why a person would be mad.

lmao at the idea of anybody denying tarantinos work jesus.

to me that's like hearing, "man jordan wasn't even that good"

being offended doesn't mean the work is bad, it just means you're sensitive and are unable to appreciate the film or look at it in a critical lens because your feelings were hurt.

Last edited:
lmao at the idea of anybody denying tarantinos work jesus.

to me that's like hearing, "man jordan wasn't even that good"

its all a matter of opinion with something like film, where as sports produce tangible results. Personally, I loved Kill Bill vol. 1, didnt care much for 2. IB was ok, but I found things wrong with it. Im not a fan of spike either

Just to stand up for my man Tyler Perry, I think he gets a bad rep. All his movies aren't like the Madea movies, and most contain positive black characters (as well as negative). Also, he employs a lot of black people behind the camera as well. Eddie Murphy, Martin Lawrence, Robin Williams, etc. all played women characters and didn't get this hate.
Back on topic with QT, I'm not gonna hold too much judgement until I watch the movie. If a black director, or even one who wasn't Tarantino made this same movie, I doubt so much negative criticism with be attached to a movie that hasn't even been released yet.
 well all those guys that played women were FUNNY, and entertaining...

mrs doubtfire>>>>anything tyler perrys ever done or will do..

not even kidding.

Tarantino > Lee
And in top of that, your Knicks are losing today Spike.
Until Tarantino touches a biopic then I would say no...

Malcolm X>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Although I like Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, and Reservoir Dogs.

I'll put any one of Spike's best pictures up against Tarantino's best. That's just for argument sake, but I like both directors. 

Spikes just a hater ask Clint Eastwood.

spike was right in his claims about Eastwood's depiction of WWII, though.

I don't agree with Spike at all concerning Django, but let's not fake like Miracle at St. Anna wasn't a great movie. Or She Hate Me. Or 25th Hour. Dude has a hell of a catalogue and people seem to forget that. 50 years from now we're gonna look back at film making and Spike Lee will be mentioned just like Tarantino for his contributions not only to subject matter but to the technical aspects of film making as well. Just because you don't agree with one thing about a person doesn't mean you can disregard other aspect of that person's talents and track record.

I'm so hyped to see this movie. I think QT is a beast. Love Spike too, but Spike doesn't stretch boundaries enough.

I'm ready for this.

Until Tarantino touches a biopic then I would say no...

Malcolm X>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Although I like Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, and Reservoir Dogs.

I'll put any one of Spike's best pictures up against Tarantino's best. That's just for argument sake, but I like both directors. 
but those are two completely type of genres subject matters and envokes two totally different set of feelings/emotions... that would be like compring coming to america to roots... and saying which movie is better. And why does qt need to do a biopic...as if that is the end all to be all in terms of directors ability... Lets see spike do a comedy (kings of comedy doesnt count aint like he wrote jokes) or a horror movie,,, tales from the hood was wackjuice... I mean i like bboth of their respective work...but comparing two totally different artist who do nothing similiar is moreso a preference thing be it genre or race then it has to do with quality of same type of film

I can see a new age abstract way of looking at the Nat Turner rebellion against white slave master's in the movie.

Even though it is stylized as a joke and many will take offense to this movie, not every human or every black American for the matter thinks the same way. I'm really into my black culture so conversation on slavery is always going to be a touchy subject, because its a sensitive part of my ethnicity. So as a realistic person I know a directors not going to make a boring documentary movie depicting slavery and its key mechanic's in the light that it deserves in Hollywood because that wont sale. This movie with entertain some, anger some, and be utterly disgusting to some, but it will spark conversation on a subject that most in America are trying to shove and lock away in the past. There are lots of universities that don't have African American studies in their curriculum. And many early educational school in American that don't even cover slavery extensively or even properly in the textbooks. Not saying this movie is the go to guide, because its no where near that, sort of a polar opposite, but it will spark thought like mention earlier.

Take "Red Tails" for an example, a brilliant historical context with no backing from Hollywood. Most African American movies will just be straight to DVD, that's another reason why I feel spikes mad, because he's never had the backing QT is getting for any of his projects, and spike truly cares about what hes doing in film to display a proper imagery of black folks in the most accurate focus that he as a human can display.

Red Tails sucked, though. I tried to watch it like 5 times on HBO and couldn't get through 30 seconds without hating the overall corniness.

If Spike had the kind of backing and support that Quentin Tarantino got for his movies, son would be George Lucas status. People would be lining up in front of his home making pilgrimages to pay homage to that guy.

Pretty sure I am seeing this later tonight after Christmas festivities.

Cannot wait.

Back
Top Bottom