Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained (a Spaghetti Western) scheduled for release Christmas 2012

Bro the media didnt even give Miracle at St Anne a damn chance it was a good movie but everybody was coming down on it and attacking it for being a black ww2 film .That was his biggest budget movie and it flopped solely because people couldnt stand to see black actors in a ww2 film replace that cast with matthew mcconghey,matt damon, ryan gosling it woulda sold like hot cakes.

havent read this thread.
bout to watch django on bootleg.
will update with thoughts.
why we talkin bout spike lee?

havent read this thread.
bout to watch django on bootleg.
will update with thoughts.
why we talkin bout spike lee?

Spike is essentialy being used as a scapegoat so nobody can criticize this movie and to say black folks shouldnt be offended by this movie

Bro the media didnt even give Miracle at St Anne a damn chance it was a good movie but everybody was coming down on it and attacking it for being a black ww2 film .That was his biggest budget movie and it flopped solely because people couldnt stand to see black actors in a ww2 film replace that cast with matthew mcconghey,matt damon, ryan gosling it woulda sold like hot cakes.

Yes, they were coming down on it. Cuz he JUST finished going at Clint for not having black soldiers in Flags of Our Fathers or Letters from Iwo Jima.

Dude is confident that all publicity is good publicity. It's hard enough to get people to see a war movie, but in '06 then, Clint was untouchable. Everything he put out turned into Oscars. Why does Spike always need to be the one? So when his film comes out, people are instantly like...alright...you're gonna talk so much, this has gotta be better than Letters from Iwo Jima, right? And it wasn't. So they just brushed it off.

It's a war film. You need the critical community to get older people to pay attention, but I get it...he doesn't want to play that game. Then he should just keep doing films the way Woody Allen does if he doesn't care what other people think. But you have to. And you have to accept, at some point, that the majority of filmgoers are white and calling racist in the media on respected filmmakers isn't how you get them to care about your films. And black people didn't show up to the film either, because it looked like a slow, prestige film.

You can't make yourself bigger than your films, unless you're that great or you know your audience is showing up regardless.

And Spike is so inconsistent with the topics he'll tackle, the styles he'll take...the rate he'll put out films...the quality of the films he puts out. We'll just have to start all over again this year and see if he can make people forget that he's Spike Lee and just watch his films for the films' sake.

Last edited:
Spike is essentialy being used as a scapegoat so nobody can criticize this movie and to say black folks shouldnt be offended by this movie

That's what happens every time. He has to get a word in and hijack the conversation. It's 2 weeks too late, cuz of him.

There was something to be said, before most of the people who wanted to see the movie, saw it. Now we can have a slow...half-conversation that most people don't care about or notice, because all they got out of it was "if you're too sensitive to hear the n-word, don't go see it." And black people's response was "Spike's still angry, but he doesn't represent all of us."

That's the Spike Lee effect.

Last edited:
once again, your putting words in his mouth. Regardless of history, what he said was its disrespectful to his ancestors ie. slaves to have a film such as this

I'm black and I don't care. The only thing that bothered me was the stupid little white prick sitting behind me repeating the word like oh no he didn't.

I eventually turned around and told him to shut the hell up and he did.

Spike just jelly. Idc man. I'm tired of this man.

It's a ****** movie. Not a documentary on slavery. This is the way QT is! He makes movies his own way. Thats why I'm surprised Spike is so mad about it. He's the only prominent black dude in hollywood thats upset. Hmm i wonder why..

I respect Spike and his contribution to film making, but he sounds like a jealous female.

I'm black btw
You're a clown. There are other influential blacks who are upset over the film but don't have the platform he has.

Its crazy that his legacy has been disrespected the way it has since this film released.

And stop saying, I'm black btw. Its such a ******g cop out that means absolutely nothing.
Pleeeeease. He triggers the same controversy in his portrayal of Italian Americans as racists, goons, crooked, guido, mafioso, and violent. When it comes to casting Italians, he's no better than the idiots that produced Jersey Shore.
Another one that doesn't know what he's talking about. The only flicks in which Italians have been prominently featured in were DTRT and Jungle Fever and SOME of the characters in the movie reflected actual feelings that persisted in the movie's setting at the time.

Last edited:
You're a clown. There are other influential blacks who are upset over the film but don't have the platform he has.
with social media ANYONE has a platform..its just noone else is making a big deal out of it..

whats ja rules take on this whole situation?

Last edited:
The first few times is Spike standing for something, but eventually you stop and see Spike really doesn't have an endgame. He doesn't really have a plan. He isn't using the attention towards something more. He's just being a loud celebrity and taking away from his art.

You have real words on this...go to THR, they've been doing sitdowns all season. Have a sit down with Quentin about Hollywood's treatment of slavery and whatever issues you had with Django.

Saying "I won't see it," is some punk ****. Millions of people will and you know it and that makes it so much easier for people to just roll their eyes at you and put you and anyone with a view close to your in a box. You're a high caliber film director...if you're telling me you don't understand perception and the audience enough to know not to let the media bait you, or how to make something constructive out of the attention, then can we get a new #1 who does?

Yo JHawk, you sound stupid man. I'm tired and annoyed of blacks like you and Spike that have that corny mindset. It's a ******g movie dog. The fact that people like Washington, Foxx and Sam did the movie with no type of problem tells me something.

In the end, I admire QT work. And so does the other millions that actually goes out to the theaters and watches it.

Nah, jhawk doesn't sound stupid. He said don't hide behind "I'm black" and he was right. Being black has nothing to do with that QT fanboy response you dropped. >D

There's a difference between "I'm black," so if you were gonna disqualify my opinion, assuming I was white, then you're wrong, and "I'm black," which means I'm the authority on all things black, so you can fall back. And he does have a point, I just disagree with it.

Spike does himself no good getting baited by the media into taking sucker shots, instead of being concise and constructive and recognizing what he means to the national conversation.

Last edited:
Nah man, the way he responded to certain posts that he quoted just irks me.

A little rampage :lol:, but he aint a certain troll we know. And someone should stick up for Spike.

I'm just tired and got no more patience for Spike's antics. I figured it was just me until Fuqua...probably the 2nd or 3rd biggest black director right now, said his peace.

Getting back to the film....
What could//would be Django's endgame
I mean he's killed dozens of white people, and he's in the south. He blew up a major plantation. How does Django get out of this alive?

Getting back to the film....
What could//would be Django's endgame
I mean he's killed dozens of white people, and he's in the south. He blew up a major plantation. How does Django get out of this alive?

same way hes been staying alive? i see what ur sayin but thats a story for another day i suppose. and for my take on spike lee...dudes just jealous that tarantino makes better films. But thats my opinion...ur results may vary :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Where's the proof it was Django?

Who can even say he was there? The slaves, sure, but why would they? Everyone else is dead

Who can even say he was there? The slaves, sure, but why would they? Everyone else is dead
He took the proof of sale documents for Broomhilda, which were signed by Candie, and most likely dated. A law man could deduce that the recency of that date with it's close relation to the explosion of Candyland, that something fishy is going on. Idk maybe I'm wrong, but it seems too easy to say that they ride of into the sunset unscathed.

He took the proof of sale documents for Broomhilda, which were signed by Candie, and most likely dated. A law man could deduce that the recency of that date with it's close relation to the explosion of Candyland, that something fishy is going on. Idk maybe I'm wrong, but it seems too easy to say that they ride of into the sunset unscathed.

Feels like the only people left to snitch are like the house slaves.
And Django kinda blew up most of the evidence of him being there.

Dont know if its been mentioned in here yet. Ive kinda been lurking on and off with your guys opinions so it may have been posted already. But apparently a 5 hour long directors cut may be released...

http://www.vulture.com/2013/01/what-was-cut-from-django-unchained.html?mid=r_vulture

Cant wait to see this if it does come out.

This part caught me eye..
Zoe Bell
The most mysterious character in the film has to be the female tracker played by Death Proof's Bell, who has her face covered throughout the movie; she never speaks, but gets a long, slow close-up right before she dies. And before that there is a scene in which she meaningfully looks into a stereopticon at what seems to imply that she and Django knew each other as kids. The script offers no clue, but Goggins confirmed to Indiewire that there was something cut out of that part, saying, “Yeah, you don’t really get anything from her character but she’s lethal" but declining to elaborate.

They showed her right before the dog scene I believe...Then when Django comes back she's in the bar or whatever looking at pictures through thestereopticon. I was wondering if there was supposed to be some sort of significance to her when they zoomed up on her face. Both times we see her she had that look in her eyes.

Last edited:
That would be great but I feel like there are always these rumors of an insane extended cut and we don't see it

Back
Top Bottom