Question about the true meaning of DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to ask you guys about this, because I see a lot of questionable posts everywhere and even at sneakers meetups... Basically im trying to get the communities opinion on what DS truly means... I ask b/c recently I was @ a sneaker event and noticed a pair of DB9's I was interested in buying. Now, the guy had them advertised for 8bills (which I thought was rape to begin with). He saw my reaction when he told me the price and goes, "there DS bro, try finding them in that condition for less"...

Now heres where my question comes into play. This guy has the shoes just chillen on the table, where atleast 100 people have picked up the pair to look at. You can see a slight color dis-figuration by the heel, im guessing thats where most people have picked the shoe up from.. Either way my point is that over 100 people have touched the shoe, and hes advertising it for top dollar b/c its DS.

Personally I feel like if the shoe is taking out of the box, then its not DS... If youve got your "DS" pair laying on your dirty kitchen table taking picks, I dont want to hear that its DS. Same goes if you have it chillen on a table where 100 people are actively touching the shoe, I dont want to hear its DS... Am I crazy for thinking this? I see people advertise there shoes on FB groups all day, and 9/10 are pictures of the shoes laying around their dirty *** rooms; but yet the shoes are "DS 100% Brand New". Idk if its just me, but I dont want to be told something is 100% DS/Brand New BUT you just had to take it out the box to feel like your apart of something & take pics of the shoe all over your house ; then turn around and try to sell for rape prices.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, just a little salty from the way the kid said that **** to me haha . But aside from that, Ive truly wanted to ask this question for a while now. So im interested to see what you guys think.

835057774.gif

lol, i respect the kobe reference. But how come you just brushing me off, am I really crazy for thinking this haha. Im just saying, what condition would the shoe be considered when you buy it from the store then? B/c I know that they havent opened each box to take pictures of the shoe.

You see OP, the phrase DS comes from the Latin phrase "diutinas stabilitas," which roughly translates to "lasting a long time durability." A slight discoloration of the heel does not impact the durability or overall condition of the shoe as it is still new, or "DS." The seller is indeed correct in saying that the shoes are DS despite, by your estimation, 100 people touching said shoe.

Last edited:

You see OP, the phrase DS comes from the Latin phrase "diutinas stabilitas," which roughly translates to "lasting a long time durability." A slight discoloration of the heel does not impact the durability or overall condition of the shoe as it is still new, or "DS." The seller is indeed correct in saying that the shoes are DS despite, by your estimation, 100 people touching said shoe.
Thanks for taking the time to actually answer the question. With the hep of some hilarious Kobe gifs + your information, I stand corrected... I just find it crazy that that is the case. I mean, some of the pictures you see are just dirty as hell. But hey, I have no problem admitting I was wrong. Thanks for the clarification + some good laughs !

Thanks for taking the time to actually answer the question. With the hep of some hilarious Kobe gifs + your information, I stand corrected... I just find it crazy that that is the case. I mean, some of the pictures you see are just dirty as hell. But hey, I have no problem admitting I was wrong. Thanks for the clarification + some good laughs !

Wait???? You don't think he was serious do you??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom