R.I.P. Alton Sterling..Shot by BRPD..Point Blank, While Restrained.

My state. BR I called home for 10 years... tough to see this.

Glad to see people getting involved and letting those frustrations out with some of the marches tho. Police force doing the most of course :smh:

I also hear about folks boycotting businesses and all that tho(Mall of Louisiana)... thats the only thing im not really feeling. Like what impact do they really think thats gonna have?

and sadly I dont think Sterling will get the justice he deserves... too many things working against him unfortunately.

i understand the black dollar. However in this situation specifically, what can boycotting the mall of Louisiana do to help the cause, which is justice for Alton Sterling and/or ending police brutality?

What is the end goal of this action? What direct impact will this have? I can not find the relation or the logic here but I would welcome an explanation or a scenario that reasonably connects the dots.

Not spending at macy's dillards sears etc... gets police to tighten up and act right over off in the hood? I just dont get it, not from an economic or a public policy point of view.

i understand the black dollar. However in this situation specifically, what can boycotting the mall of Louisiana do to help the cause, which is justice for Alton Sterling and/or ending police brutality?

What is the end goal of this action? What direct impact will this have? I can not find the relation or the logic here but I would welcome an explanation or a scenario that reasonably connects the dots.

Not spending at macy's dillards sears etc... gets police to tighten up and act right over off in the hood? I just dont get it, not from an economic or a public policy point of view.
What should they do then?

Folks are frustrated and people love to dissect actions they feel will impact change. Even if change never happens, where's the logic in coming off condescending, attacking a plan like people are remedial.

If black dollars stop patronizing the mall for an extended period of time...they will take notice.

The challenge is getting people on board chronically.

If you need XYZ, go to the black owned business and spend there.

And not being funny, but stop patronizing the asian markets, hair spots and liquor stores that set up shop in black and brown neighborhoods but live nowhere in the community.

boycotting gets the white people at sears to talk to the white people with the police about how black people being treated negatively affects them negatively 

the-office-ryan-notes-gif-1427208419.gif

Boycotting isn't enough . Like I said earlier when ever you get paid the police get paid . Taxpayers pay these guys salary and all the lawsuits that happen against them . So while shopping at black owned business and not a big business does help its not enough. I hope I'm wrong though

Boycotting isn't enough . Like I said earlier when ever you get paid the police get paid . Taxpayers pay these guys salary and all the lawsuits that happen against them . So while shopping at black owned business and not a big business does help its not enough. I hope I'm wrong though
The only way to get White folks attention is through their $$$$.

I dont feel it will bring a change in the hearts of racist raised people but I'm not going to clown the suggestion.

Everything begins with an idea.

The only way to get White folks attention is through their $$$$.

I dont feel it will bring a change in the hearts of racist raised people but I'm not going to clown the suggestion.

Everything begins with an idea.

I'm not clowning boycotting at all . I don't shop at Walmart because of their business practices and anything I can get there I can get through a local merchant. So I believe in boycotts I just hope people have the will power to not go back to normalcy after a few weeks .

I'm not clowning boycotting at all . I don't shop at Walmart because of their business practices and anything I can get there I can get through a local merchant. So I believe in boycotts I just hope people have the will power to not go back to normalcy after a few weeks .
That was to the dressing better avy having guy. 

The biggest issue is normalcy. 

Consumerism is leading a lot of people and keeps them from thinking for themselves.

gotta use their most powerful weapon against them; the media
This.

I applaud Complex for their black lives matter support (though I think it was profit) but once them white advertising dollars pull out, they gonna switch up their campaign real quick.

Media paints whites as mentally ill. Blacks are animals with a propensity for crime and violence. 

On some real, let's band together, dismiss niketalk for a year type boycott...

We (black, white, mexican, asian, etc.) should have a NO Sneaker 2016.

MJ don't care about us, and as a billion dollar company, Nike should venture into the NP arena and build after school facilities for kids in impoverished areas. Subsidize it with the tax benefit and free advertising with the swoosh being on everything.

Nike builds million dollar store fronts.

Leasing a park would be a fraction of that.

Just a thought. 

On some real, let's band together, dismiss niketalk for a year type boycott...

We (black, white, mexican, asian, etc.) should have a NO Sneaker 2016.

MJ don't care about us, and as a billion dollar company, Nike should venture into the NP arena and build after school facilities for kids in impoverished areas. Subsidize it with the tax benefit and free advertising with the swoosh being on everything.

Nike builds million dollar store fronts.

Leasing a park would be a fraction of that.

Just a thought. 

NT is the only friend I have for now, plus I already bought shoes for 2016. After this month though, I'm game.

Last edited:
It's hard to give up shoes, I know.

The current issue is more than just police. 

It's systematic and encompasses everything an individual does from birth to their daily routine.

We spend 1000s a year in shoes and these companies never have an opinion.

They'll push LGBT but not race issues. 

I dunno. Something has to give.

People have no patience in America. Yes, this is a problem but there are way bigger problems.

If you were an activist would you fight the bigger picture battle (economic/power inequality) or would you fight these small scale situations.

I almost feel like smart racist white people must love this sort of stuff. They get to stay atop the perch while the media creates a frenzy about something that even if fixed is a bandaid to a shotgun wound.

If we as a country can turn a blind eye to the water situation in Flint for so many months there is a much larger problem than one situational set of indoctrinated racism.

Also, the only way this will change is through education and time.

Hopefully, we continue to have people at the top that recognize there is nothing more important than improving our education system for the long term stability and progress of our country.

I genuinely hope that this next generation of kids (1 to 9 year olds) will be the first truly desegregated generation in mentality due to growing up with a global internet.

Back
Top Bottom