R.I.P ASAP Yams ....

Hiphop kids ain't the ones ODin on drugs like kids who listen to other genres
man idk where you at but here this "lean" rap got kids going to the hospital. these rappers got kids thinking drinking lean and smoking wet is what's hot now. i cant speak for the death metal or grunge genre but to say rap dont influence kids like the original statement and rap has kids od'ing out here is two different statements

edit: keyword is hip hop, Rap is not hip hop these days, hip hop originated in positivity these days, there is nothing positive about selling food and sippin drank because you're a "sadboy"

Rap/hip hop who gives **** about what technical word I use. I never said drug use ain't promoted but acting like it's happening more with rap then any other genre is stupid. Majority young adults I see oding on drugs aint from rap culture.
what lmao, you are really ignorant if you dont think rap doesnt influence drug use, i got homies that are in and out of county because they snort, because they're fav rapper said it's the wave.

Hiphop kids ain't the ones ODin on drugs like kids who listen to other genres
man idk where you at but here this "lean" rap got kids going to the hospital. these rappers got kids thinking drinking lean and smoking wet is what's hot now. i cant speak for the death metal or grunge genre but to say rap dont influence kids like the original statement and rap has kids od'ing out here is two different statements

edit: keyword is hip hop, Rap is not hip hop these days, hip hop originated in positivity these days, there is nothing positive about selling food and sippin drank because you're a "sadboy"

Rap/hip hop who gives **** about what technical word I use. I never said drug use ain't promoted but acting like it's happening more with rap then any other genre is stupid. Majority young adults I see oding on drugs aint from rap culture.
what lmao, you are really ignorant if you dont think rap doesnt influence drug use, i got homies that are in and out of county because they snort, because they're fav rapper said it's the wave.

Show me where I said it doesn't influence drug use genius. All I'm saying is this reaction like rap is out here getting everybody hooked on drugs is stupid. Heroin/Meth is ruining more young folks then some ******* lean.

What are the biggest Hip-Hop music festivals and how do the hospitalization numbers compare to the biggest EDM festivals?

I see more young heroin and meth addicts and these kids ain't connected to hip hop culture.

Yall see some minorites od on lean and now hip hop has the big drug problem. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

It doesnt matter which is worse, its a problem period

You dont have numbers so why debate which is worse

prescriptions are a huge problem in our culture

Bruh prescription abuse is a big problem in more than just rap culture. Its an American problem and putting it on rap is stupid and ignorant.

I will say that prescription abuse is newer to the rap crowd so as time pass by you will see the effect of it

Show me where I said it doesn't influence drug use genius. All I'm saying is this reaction like rap is out here getting everybody hooked on drugs is stupid. Heroin/Meth is ruining more young folks then some ******* lean.
you just said it in your own statement lmao

Yea your reading comprehension is on a 2nd grade level.

Get at me when lean got kids ****** up at the rate meth or heroin is

Last edited:
but back to the point, the kids around me
that i know do heroin do it by a pill sorta like an x pill. a lot of the dealers tell em it's crushed oxy and what not because that's whats the wave now due to the oxy being the cool thing to do.also they get xan bars and crush it in a blunt then wake up in the hospital because the od'd. most of these kids listen to your typical trap music, i see kids i went to elementary nodding outside because they are addicted to heroin now. it's a shame but it aint gonna change because there is money to be made in the drug rap game because that sells

codeine and heroin are both opiates so the statistics would be pooled together by the way

Its a shame how hard they're trying to deny prescriptions being the cause of yams death

Now all of a sudden he dies from sleep apnea

Ok

Its a shame how hard they're trying to deny prescriptions being the cause of yams death

Now all of a sudden he dies from sleep apnea

Ok
yams was that dude to, he put a lot of people on and got money in their pockets. it's sad to see him go though man it hurts

To the person who made the crack comment...you're exactly right.

Heroin seems to be resurfacing a popular drug of choice among the youth. I can GUARANTEE you...all it will take is for ONE rapper with mass influence to rap about using it and you're going to see Tumblr and Instagram FLOODED with kids talking about shooting up.

When u start doing things like sizzurp you try vicodins percs and then u try stuff like oxy which is what alot of people from the burbs were doing before H.

The pills were made to gel up if snorted or watered down to slam, also heroin doesn't have to shot up.

I smoked the stuff for yeard without ever touching a needle since i hate them but would be jelly watching my friends damn near fall out on a tenth of a gram while i smoked a half to feel well.

I started smoking weed, i never once thought about heroin.

Then i popped pills with a blunt sipped lean and then it was just experimenting but by the time i hit 23 i jad tried every drug but acid and lsd.

Not one of those drugs got me hooked like opiates, i was a caSual user of pills and then when the dea cracked down the alternative was H, my homies were smoking it on foil so it didn't look dangerous or anything like what i had thought about heroin, after that one hit i just kept thinking about it, i would get some for my days off then wouldnt do it for another week and i did that for 5 months then before i knew i was doing it daily, i lost jobs friends family trust i was homeless i was stealing lying cheating it sucks, thats why i dont judge anybodys addition some people have deep rooted issues and some just need an escape, yeah alot of you might call that persom weak but if you had to live a day in an addicts shoes you wouldnt survive.

?? you NT'ers gotta get out more. Or watch a crime movie lol

but seriously, who is rapping about wet? Haven't heard anything encouraging smoking dust..

word since the 90's or early 2000's

there was this one track that my boy had one of his potnas on last year where he rapped about it but thats about it really

truth be told, boys still on that PCP religiously, they just don't rap about it

Yea Pimp C had sleep apnea which prolly played a larger part in his death than the drank. He could've been drunk and died the same way. 

I think Moe and Screw both died from heart attacks tho

And yeah Actavis was the company that pulled out because of the rep, they had the thick sweet purple that everybody wanted. Now everybody on Hi-Tech red, Caraco green, MGP or that nasty *** Qualitest **** so its still around

Yeah streets flooded with it, even easier to get between MGP/Wockhardt.

Ya'll thought the market wasn't going to fill that niche after Act left?

I dont mean to come off as insensitive but how many of them ASAP dudes are there?

?? you NT'ers gotta get out more. Or watch a crime movie lol

but seriously, who is rapping about wet? Haven't heard anything encouraging smoking dust..

Not a single person. Only person talking rapping about water foreal is yung gleesh and he talking about selling they not using that.

Word is Yams was supposed to announce next month that he was Senior VP A&R for Sony very sad man.

View media item 1361477

Last edited:
I had xans one time and it made me dizzy and sick to my stomach. Never again

I also had prometh with no Codien tho but i know lean ain't for me

you basically had nothing

codeine is the main ingredient

codeine/promethazine is basically liquid heroine, they both work hand in hand to give you a good feeling

RIP To his Body but not his legacy

This modern day RAP music isn't what it use to be. There's RAP , and there's GOVERNMENT CONTROLLED RAP (GCR) . GCR is what has these kids out here doing meth, popping Molly, snorting cocaine, and sucking **** for meth. GCR has these cats in love with the CoCo. WAKE UP

So with this whole which genre of music has the largest drug problem...

I've been to a ton of shows/festivals in the past 4 years, most people in attendance at hip hop shows are just smoking weed or getting drunk.

Now my small exposure to live EDM music, the amount of drugs that are going around is stupid, Molly, Ketamine, Acid, among other things. I was at an EDM festival this summer, couldn't walk 100 yards without being offered drugs. Never have seen anything like it before.

Last edited:
So with this whole which genre of music has the largest drug problem...

I've been to a ton of shows/festivals in the past 4 years, most people in attendance at hip hop shows are just smoking weed or getting drunk.

Now my small exposure to live EDM music, the amount of drugs that are going around is stupid, Molly, Ketamine, Acid, among other things. I was at an EDM festival this summer, couldn't walk 100 yards without being offered drugs. Never have seen anything like it before.

Never been to one, don't plan on it either. Although I do enjoy the production of some EDM creators. That's scary though. You don't gt offered much at a rap show but some 420, if that. No ones walking around with a pint bottle passing out aces.

That's depressing that he was about to be VP of A&R at Sony.

There was ppl rappin about smokin wet back in the day. If your from texas or was following texas music in the 90s then you should know about SUC and Swisha house. Dudes would smoke a fry stick and freestyle and frequently talk about gettin wet

Even my family members talk about how they would smoke a dip every nowand then

I personally am not a fan of EDM at all, and really only went because it was semi local and I my friends convinced me to go. Never realized how large of a drug culture EDM was until then. You just saw people walking around COMPLETELY messed up everywhere you went. People would just approach you asking if you wanted drugs. Was way too intense of an environment for me in terms of drugs.

Not to say people at rap shows arent doing harder drugs, but mostly all I've ever seen is weed.

But either way this is very sad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom