R.I.P ASAP Yams ....

So with this whole which genre of music has the largest drug problem...

I've been to a ton of shows/festivals in the past 4 years, most people in attendance at hip hop shows are just smoking weed or getting drunk.

Now my small exposure to live EDM music, the amount of drugs that are going around is stupid, Molly, Ketamine, Acid, among other things. I was at an EDM festival this summer, couldn't walk 100 yards without being offered drugs. Never have seen anything like it before.

Never been to one, don't plan on it either. Although I do enjoy the production of some EDM creators. That's scary though. You don't gt offered much at a rap show but some 420, if that. No ones walking around with a pint bottle passing out aces.

That's depressing that he was about to be VP of A&R at Sony.

In a perfect world....:smh:

Now asap and other friends are saying that he died from severe sleep apnea. Isn't that a symptom/side effect that caused by sipping lean?

I feel like if people are going to embrace that life keep it 100 when people die from it. Don't have the youth thinking that the drugs don't take people out. I'm curious to see the official cause of death.

Exactly what it was from. The lean killed him..

They can say sleep apena if they want but it's like a aids patient dying from the flu. Really they died from aids because with aids you get sick and immune system weakens which is why people die from the disease.

So yea it was the lean the killed..

They can say sleep apena if they want but it's like a aids patient dying from the flu. Really they died from aids because with aids you get sick and immune system weakens which is why people die from the disease.

So yea it was the lean the killed..
lol you really had to explain that aids comment tho 
laugh.gif

?? you NT'ers gotta get out more. Or watch a crime movie lol

but seriously, who is rapping about wet? Haven't heard anything encouraging smoking dust..

I don't listen to the radio or any of this popular music. **** is trash. Old school like mobb deep wu and Nas type of guy

ORLLY...

Sony was going to hire a junkie?

give me a break...look at this dudes instagram past few weeks....son looks like he is drugged out in each pic with his eyes barely open... :smh:

all these homies of his who saying RIP are lame especially the ones who are out there still drinking this ****...

if any of my close dudes looked anything like this kid looked like in his pics past month or so, i'd intervene right away and get this N' off it...or at least cycle off for a few months..

RIP this RIP that...how about you stop the dude from od'ing...which couldn't have been any clearer with this guy...

Also when this dude retchyp gets arrested for his foolery on instagram...idiots going to be saying #FREERETCHY....makes no sense...

no sympathy here...

Last edited:
I don't listen to the radio or any of this popular music. **** is trash. Old school like mobb deep wu and Nas type of guy

Kind of off topic but I went to a bar and they played all my jams and I had some young kids leave cause they said "they were playing old school music". Haha. Felt mad old but never would have thought playing something like 2Pac would be just too old for anyone to hear.

Rap is definitely different than it used to be. Even back in the days, most rappers sold crack but wasn't crack junkies themselves. Drugs was just to get money, not to get high. But the culture starting changing even in early 2000s when raves were big then. Had rappers talking about e-pills and what not and even D12 doing that song Purple Pills. It phased out and now we are back at it again. Can't wait for it to go away again.

copped copped Yams went to rehab so its not like he didn't try to kick the habit. Talking down on people for saying RIP smh. He was great at what he did.

ORLLY...

give me a break...look at this dudes instagram past few weeks....son looks like he is drugged out in each pic with his eyes barely open... :smh:

all these homies of his who saying RIP are lame especially the ones who are out there still drinking this ****...

if any of my close dudes looked anything like this kid looked like in his pics past month or so, i'd intervene right away and get this N' off it...or at least cycle off for a few months..

RIP this RIP that...how about you stop the dude from od'ing...which couldn't have been any clearer with this guy...

Also when this dude retchyp gets arrested for his foolery on instagram...idiots going to be saying #FREERETCHY....makes no sense...

no sympathy here...

Cool. You obviously understand NOTHING about addiction.

Carry on.

RIP YAMS. Another dude who goes hard with this stuff is FUTURE.He makes more lean, xanax and molly references than any rapper.. Monster is full of it. dude too talented hope he slows down as well.

RIP YAMS. Another dude who goes hard with this stuff is FUTURE.He makes more lean, xanax and molly references than any rapper.. Monster is full of it. dude too talented hope he slows down as well.

Yeah seems like future is really hurting from OGD death and his ciara situation. Hope he slows down also.

anl
There was ppl rappin about smokin wet back in the day. If your from texas or was following texas music in the 90s then you should know about SUC and Swisha house. Dudes would smoke a fry stick and freestyle and frequently talk about gettin wet

Even my family members talk about how they would smoke a dip every nowand then
yep, boys used to rap about smoking dippers or fry heavy back then

Yeah you just crush the pills and put it in the blunt. Had a homeboy that OD'd off a blunt laced wit bars. He had already popped a few and then smoked a blunt wit it. He died.

Kind of off topic but I went to a bar and they played all my jams and I had some young kids leave cause they said "they were playing old school music". Haha. Felt mad old but never would have thought playing something like 2Pac would be just too old for anyone to hear.

Rap is definitely different than it used to be. Even back in the days, most rappers sold crack but wasn't crack junkies themselves. Drugs was just to get money, not to get high. But the culture starting changing even in early 2000s when raves were big then. Had rappers talking about e-pills and what not and even D12 doing that song Purple Pills. It phased out and now we are back at it again. Can't wait for it to go away again.

Exactly. Rappers went from being the dealers to actually custies. **** is sad man

Someone in my area passed from this stuff. Xanax and a few oxys. Plus alcohol

Hopefully this will wake ppl up but even then why should it take people dying for the guys to realize? This dude retch is cool but dam near everyday hes sipping

Its gonna catch up eventually

Carry on.

no half-steppin' dawgs around me though....if any of us look like we in trouble or have an addiction...trust there are people always around to make sure nothing goes sideways...

and who am i and my group of friends? no one really...just simple dudes who tryna' make a living...but we still looking out...

but these dudes got/had potential to make millions and they moving like this? on IG poppin' pills, mixing lean, and smoking blunts...and lookin' half ghost in every other pic?

and call themselves black out boyz...and got it tatted on their knuckles?

wheres the dudes who saying RIP all across the industry helping this kid out? just goes to show at the end of the day this industry is each out for their own...cuz even his closest dawgs probably too high to even notice YAMS was on his way out..

sad situation...but saying he was addicted is not the answer to him dying..

ORLLY...

no sympathy here...

Get off your high horse. Addiction is a choice yes but only the person that's using can help themselves. You intervening won't do anything.

Carry on.
no half-steppin' dawgs around me though....if any of us look like we in trouble or have an addiction...trust there are people always around to make sure nothing goes sideways...

and who am i and my group of friends? no one really...just simple dudes who tryna' make a living...but we still looking out...

but these dudes got/had potential to make millions and they moving like this? on IG poppin' pills, mixing lean, and smoking blunts...and lookin' half ghost in every other pic?

and call themselves black out boyz...and got it tatted on their knuckles?

wheres the dudes who saying RIP all across the industry helping this kid out? just goes to show at the end of the day this industry is each out for their own...cuz even his closest dawgs probably too high to even notice YAMS was on his way out..

sad situation...but saying he was addicted is not the answer to him dying..
just be thankful you have a good group of people around YOU, no need to deride someone else

I think what he is getting at is that his friends etc. are part of the problem. I think. Obviously that is overly simple but there is merit to it. Either way I believe that we always hate to hear news like this :smh:

Last edited:
A lot of rappers as far back as the 90's rapped a lot about smoking wet... Bone and Wu mentioned it quite often in there lyrics...

Ghostface did the whole 'Supreme Clientele' album on wet and coke blunts, and I'm sure his music before then was influenced by it... It's been prevalent in the culture for a while...

On topic:

RIP to Yams...

Crazy to see him go at such a young age, and seeing all the industry names show respect and give their personal memories of him was sad to read...

I always thought he had a crazy personality, dude's tweets kept me laughing...

LOL @ calling people lame for express condolences because they don't agree with their own feelings.

I think what he is getting at is that his friends etc. are part of the problem. I think. Obviously that is overly simple but there is merit to it. Either way I believe that we always hate to hear news like this
mean.gif
it looks like a lot of Yams friends share the same problem as him, maybe not to the same degree

what help could they have been to him. Maybe they did try and help to no avail, we don't know

so to just be saying what he is saying just comes off a bit self righteous imo

Last edited:

Everybody talking about drank and don't even know the cause of death. A lot of these dudes don't be on just oil, ****** be on molly, bars, roxy etc at the same time
mean.gif

Regardless tho RIP to bruh
tired.gif

Without him ASAP Rocky and the whole movement doesn't even exist. Dude really had savvy, he curated that whole ASAP image and sound.

Edit: 
tired.gif

1. ......  ‏@ASAPYams   6 Apr 2012

BLACKOUT BOYZ WE DONT OVERDOSE WE JUST DIE pic.twitter.com/BVlQygRi

Retweet

Favorite

More

9:59 PM - 6 Apr 2012 · Details
Welp. 

Back
Top Bottom