R.I.P ASAP Yams ....

God forbid rowdy rebel passes and we hear about how smart he is and how he's the next dame dash. Its sad what happened but y'all gotta stop the over hyping when somebody dies thing. One person says one thing and everybody takes it to the next level.
Hey... He went in on computers. :lol:

Right cuz Rowdy Rebel got his crew their own Record Label Deal (A$AP Worldwide) and got his crew a $3M deal all in a few year span
eyes.gif

Last edited:
God forbid rowdy rebel passes and we hear about how smart he is and how he's the next dame dash. Its sad what happened but y'all gotta stop the over hyping when somebody dies thing. One person says one thing and everybody takes it to the next level.

If Shmurda Gang can do what ASAP does then yes he will be remembered. But as it seems Rowdy Rebel is in jail as opposed to actually doing the work to get to their level. He bowed out at a level where yams was at maybe 4 years ago

People were saying that stuff before he died though.

Exactly.

If you have no knowledge of what moves he was making, his knowledge base, musical ear or business acumen (even though there is proof of all of those in this damn thread) then you are uninformed and should keep your opinions to yourself.

What exactly do yall get out of coming in and saying "he's a junkie why should I care?" "what exactly did he even do" "why people wanna act like he's legendary"?

The man has passed on, have some damn respect and look in the mirror at yourself and ask what have you done in your short time on this planet?

Though Yams time came way before it should have, he without a doubt made the most of it and accomplished a level of success that should be respected by anybody with intelligence.

The culture needs more people like him which is all the more tragic that he is gone.

nobody's life deserves to be judged through social media. one look through the outpour of e-love he's gotten in his passing reveals how deeply he affected people who knew him personally. there's 100 testimonies of how he selflessly helped people's lives. lean or not, that's a lot more than most people in here can say for their time on this earth. y'all spending your precious time tearing dead men down. yall pops raised some suckas for real.

nobody's life deserves to be judged through social media. one look through the outpour of e-love he's gotten in his passing reveals how deeply he affected people who knew him personally. there's 100 testimonies of how he selflessly helped people's lives. lean or not, that's a lot more than most people in here can say for their time on this earth. y'all spending your precious time tearing dead men down. yall pops raised some suckas for real.
Dudes talking down and have no clue what he did and what he stood for 
mean.gif

Last edited:
"You know dead rappers get better promotion"

I am not surprised no more. People die and there is always the group that won't care. I mean if Robin Williams commits suicide and people start tarnishing his career saying he was a coward and he wasn't even that funny of a comedian, than Yams getting his seems normal at this point.

In the asap thread dudes acting like yams was legendary :smh: why ppl do this whenever someone dies

When paul walker died people were writing on his daughter's fb wall that he was one of the best actors ever. It's nice to send condolences but no need to lie about someone.

I don't understand why people can't connect the dots that sleep apnea + lean usage = a very bad mix.  

You have a natural condition that slows/stops breathing during sleep and you're combining it with a concoction that depresses the respiratory system.  That's obviously a potentially deadly combo.  

Nothing wrong with noting that, IMO.  OD or not, there's probably a good chance that the lean usage contributed to his death.  

Btw, all that still doesn't take away from his accomplishments.  It's okay to acknowledge his talent AND his drug abuse.  You don't have to pick a side, but #NTextremes will always prevail I guess.  
laugh.gif

When paul walker died people were writing on his daughter's fb wall that he was one of the best actors ever. It's nice to send condolences but no need to lie about someone.

MJ was the medias punching bag for 10+ yrs, then when he dies, that whole summer was dedicated to him :smh:

Those Same ppl crying was the same ones calling him a child molestor & other names, i just dont get ppl sometimes

Terrible comprehension, i said without ferg the rest of asap would be irrelevant, who else on asap has a rap career besides rocky & ferg

Rocky been quiet for sometime now, them tumblr fashionistas have nobody to follow right now

Honestly I figured Rocky was done before YAMs past. Only reason I even thought about him again was this. You ain't Kendrick or J. Cole talent wise that you can put out an album in 2012 and not drop **** til 2015

Terrible comprehension, i said without ferg the rest of asap would be irrelevant, who else on asap has a rap career besides rocky & ferg

Rocky been quiet for sometime now, them tumblr fashionistas have nobody to follow right now

If you said without Rocky the rest of ASAP would be irrelevant I would have agreed with you. Ferg though? Nah

Honestly I figured Rocky was done before YAMs past. Only reason I even thought about him again was this. You ain't Kendrick or J. Cole talent wise that you can put out an album in 2012 and not drop **** til 2015

The album "officially" dropped in Jan 13 and they worked it the whole year with singles, videos, etc

I think he did some stuff in 14 for his fans like that riot rave video, suddxnly doc, and some other loose tracks but it seem like they wanted it to be more about Ferg in 14

Last edited:
Yeah Rocky been saying Ferg was next.

It also seemed like Rocky was gearing up for his sophmore album now. He already released that multiply single and just released Pretty Flocko 2 within the last month.

Yams passing will almost certainly set some things back but we will see what direction the next album goes in.

You ain't Kendrick or J. Cole talent wise that you can put out an album in 2012 and not drop **** til 2015
Since when was talent a factor?

ASAP Rocky is a household name. He has the machine behind him. His fan base isn't going anywhere. Whenever he decides to drop a project...the interest will be there.

Back
Top Bottom