R.I.P Kobe Bryant.

I really think Jordan is just at that stage in his life. He's over 50, got young daughters that he sees daily, he's gone soft. Not that that's a bad thing, he's evolved into a family man.

My life looked at me like I'm crazy because I was shocked he was there. I told her about old school Mike would've sent maybe a video message at best.
Or maybe the tragedy of suddenly losing a friend and brother can do that to you? Why associate being a family man with being “soft”?

1j6tpjnlnxi41.jpg

Or maybe the tragedy of suddenly losing a friend and brother can do that to you? Why associate being a family man with being “soft”?

Hey man, I didn't mean it as a diss. I respect everything he said and did in being there. I was just stating that Jordan's heart has gone softer. Not him as a man. I used it more in the sense of a societal term.

One thing I've learned, as a family man myself, is that real men can express emotions and understand how precious life really is. If anything, it's like that statement made in Dark Knight Rises about not having fear/not caring doesn't make you strong, but having fear/caring is what actually makes you man. Most men, don't realize that until they are a family man. I'm not sure if younger Jordan (late 30s/early 40s) would've been there. Even others in this thread have noted that him speaking and being there is a little out of character. I'm personally glad he was. It shows development and growth, which I love to see in heroes and role models.

Hey man, I didn't mean it as a diss. I respect everything he said and did in being there. I was just stating that Jordan's heart has gone softer. Not him as a man. I used it more in the sense of a societal term.

One thing I've learned, as a family man myself, is that real men can express emotions and understand how precious life really is. If anything, it's like that statement made in Dark Knight Rises about not having fear/not caring doesn't make you strong, but having fear/caring is what actually makes you man. Most men, don't realize that until they are a family man. I'm not sure if younger Jordan (late 30s/early 40s) would've been there. Even others in this thread have noted that him speaking and being there is a little out of character. I'm personally glad he was. It shows development and growth, which I love to see in heroes and role models.
Word. I got you

As a Bulls fan growing up, MJ showing this level of humility and talking about his and Kobe’s friendship leaves me without words. MJ is so arrogant he doesn’t recognize anyone so for him to speak on Kobe’s greatness is a amazing sight

Back
Top Bottom