R.I.P Kobe Bryant.

I dont get why are you guys susprised that Mj spoke. Maybe they really are that close?

kobe said that they speak almost everyday on the phone when i Attended his mamba mentality tour

I don’t believe that anyone in this thread is shocked that MJ and Kobe were close it is that ever since MJ retired for good he isn’t seen very often in public anymore much less speaking.

I'm not shocked that Jordan not only came to the memorial, but also spoke. He always mentions that Kobe is the only player that even comes close to his level of greatness.

Everyone wants to say that they had a close relationship with Kobe, especially now. But I honestly feel it's just bs. I don't think Kobe had many people in the profession that he was close with. However, I think MJ was one of them. Probably more so after he retired and wasn't chasing his records. They could finally have conversations outside of basketball like I believe MJ mentions in his speech (I haven't watched it yet since I'm at work. Kobe deserves our full attention),

85xusu237yi41.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not shocked that Jordan not only came to the memorial, but also spoke. He always mentions that Kobe is the only player that even comes close to his level of greatness.

Everyone wants to say that they had a close relationship with Kobe, especially now. But I honestly feel it's just bs. I don't think Kobe had many people in the profession that he was close with. However, I think MJ was one of them. Probably more so after he retired and wasn't chasing his records. They could finally have conversations outside of basketball like I believe MJ mentions in his speech (I haven't watched it yet since I'm at work. Kobe deserves our full attention),
IDK, he seems like the outgoing social-type that never stays home. I'm almost certain that he at least kept in touch with a lot of players, especially the retired ones.

Lebron was def there. And maybe I’m reading too much into it but that jab from Diana Taurasi toward him had some animosity behind it. She looked at that ***** on some real vicious **** after she said it

Lebron was def there. And maybe I’m reading too much into it but that jab from Diana Taurasi toward him had some animosity behind it. She looked at that ***** on some real vicious **** after she said it
Can you fill us in on what you are talking about?

I come in peace

Can you fill us in on what you are talking about?

I come in peace

she said: "The same passion we all recognized in Kobe, obviously, Gigi inherited. Her skill was undeniable at an early age. I mean, who has a turn-away fade-away jumper at 11?

LeBron barely got it today."

and looked in his direction afterwards.

The toughest thing to watch (where i almost broke down at work) was when Vanessa said... "Babe, take care of our Gigi. And i got Nani, Bibi and Coco. We're still the best team."

RIP 2.24eva

Exactly how I felt. Her speech felt written before that, but that part was so sincere and heartfelt. I'm still surprised she managed to speak.

IDK, he seems like the outgoing social-type that never stays home. I'm almost certain that he at least kept in touch with a lot of players, especially the retired ones.

He never came off as that type to me. He didn't really seem like he was a social guy. I always felt to the NBA Kobe was the villain from a competitive standpoint. The guy who you gotta beat. He seems so engulfed with basketball and wanting to be the best that he didn't care to make friends or hangout. He was always in the gym.

Caron Butler was one of his closest friends. I believe Kobe said somewhere that Pau, Turiaf, Melo, Butler and Fisher were his best friends.

In 2015 Kobe had something in GQ saying he doesn't really have friends.

Last edited:
Just saw the Diana clip, whoa, there was some heat behind that.
This felt more like a hof ceremony than a memorial, and I'm not mad at that.

And it is surprising to see Jordan step up and speak.

Just saw the Diana clip, whoa, there was some heat behind that.
This felt more like a hof ceremony than a memorial, and I'm not mad at that.

And it is surprising to see Jordan step up and speak.
my take on the díana thing is the same thing that cats here have been saying. That lebron milking this. That he n Kobe were never “brothers” ... yes they respect each other game. But I truly don’t think Kobe f**** w bron like that. Kobe and Diana must have some great talks we will never hear about .

but then díana is a brand ambassador for lebron Nike line

Edit: i come in peace with this statement... but after the Colorado incident.. I was curious to see how Kobe would bounce back. But my God am i proud of Kobe for the approach and avenue he took. Becoming a advocate for women. Young women and family. RIP KOBE.

myself and Celtic nation thank you

Last edited:
my take on the díana thing is the same thing that cats here have been saying. That lebron milking this. That he n Kobe were never “brothers” ... yes they respect each other game. But I truly don’t think Kobe f**** w bron like that. Kobe and Diana must have some great talks we will never hear about .

Edit: i come in peace with this statement... but after the Colorado incident.. I was curious to see how Kobe would bounce back. But my God am i proud of Kobe for the approach and avenue he took. Becoming a advocate for women. Young women and family. RIP KOBE.

myself and Celtic nation thank you

I think you’re reading too much into something you have no clue about, personally. I’m sure Diana and Bron know it’s all jokes.

And do remember that Bron just hit a turnaround fade-away just last night to pretty much seal the win.

I think you’re reading too much into something you have no clue about, personally. I’m sure Diana and Bron know it’s all jokes.

And do remember that Bron just hit a turnaround fade-away just last night to pretty much seal the win.
I could be . And that’s most likely the case. I’m just talking. :frown:

Back
Top Bottom