Racist Pro Wrestling Gimmicks

Originally Posted by Mr Whomp Whomp

roll.gif
@ Slick and Akeem

Originally Posted by dland24

How the HELL did this topic get to page 3 without someone posting the most prime example of racism in wresting.....Ted Dibiase and Virgil?!?!? You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.
laugh.gif

million-dollar-man.jpg

The Million Dollar Man had a SLAVE!!! A slave!!!! Can you imagine if they tried to pull that gimmick today?
laugh.gif
then hogan took him in.
laugh.gif

Virgil was a such a racist gimmick...shoulda just had him wear overalls, a straw hat and call him Buck the House #@$%*

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

It's a part of wrestling..check out this clip.

"this is just ignorant."
I don't understand why something like that is even put on TV in 2009. Seriously, how are they allowed to get away with this?

It has to do with Vince McMahon's business mentality, which unless someone can prove him otherwise is...

Anything for ratings.

Anything.

Racism, Fake marriages, drugging people, cults, death, car bombings, cursing, beer drinking in front of minors, rape, stalking people, invading people'shouses, stealing, scantily clad women....You're gonna see a few of these every show.

Most people don't come to a pro wrestling show for wrestling. They come for the scripted drama & LULZ.

Any Vince is gonna have no problem putting anything on his show as long as it keeps fans interested and coming back.

That Shelton video up there...He gonna make fun of someone's heritage, then he's gonna end up losing or getting beat up (maybe not that match) butmaybe at a Pay Per View event. He's gonna get the crap beat outta him, lose a match, and in the eyes of most fans, it was all justified because the a-holeor heel was 'taught his lesson'.

Does that make it okay and fine? Of course not.

But just like most everyday people, everybody is gonna have some sorta racist mentality towards something. Every comedy stand up I've ever seen the dude issaying something about "black people...white people..spanish people...terrorist people...". It's like a common ignorance that most people takejoy in being a part of.

I'm sure like most everyday people and comedians, writers of shows like South Park & Family Guy; WWE & Vince mean no real harm when they allowthese things to be shown and said (but I can see where people can take offense and they should say something).

I don't think anybody has really been saying anything to Vince about this. Maybe that's why some stuff is allowed to go on the air. He's gonnacontinue to put it on the air until their is a media backfire like what happened with Muhammad Hassan and the SmackDown controversy.

PS: I'm Mexican and I was like "Aaaaawwww hell naw!!!!" when Super Crazy & Psicosis starting coming out in lawnmowers.

I was like "Really? Lawnmowers? Really Vince?"
laugh.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
tired.gif
Didn't really hurt my feelings, but I was like"There's gotta be 11 year old kids in the audience that probably think that's exactly what they came from doing, Doing some god damnlandscaping" *sigh*

farooq-wwe-damn.gif

Wow.

It just kinda hit me that they use Farooq as the token catchphrase spitting black dude.

I don't think he's said much outside of this in the past 2+ years.

No pun intended, but....Damn!
smh.gif

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

It has to do with Vince McMahon's business mentality, which unless someone can prove him otherwise is...

Anything for ratings.

Anything.

Racism, Fake marriages, drugging people, cults, death, car bombings, cursing, beer drinking in front of minors, rape, stalking people, invading people's houses, stealing, scantily clad women....You're gonna see a few of these every show.

Most people don't come to a pro wrestling show for wrestling. They come for the scripted drama & LULZ.

Any Vince is gonna have no problem putting anything on his show as long as it keeps fans interested and coming back.

That Shelton video up there...He gonna make fun of someone's heritage, then he's gonna end up losing or getting beat up (maybe not that match) but maybe at a Pay Per View event. He's gonna get the crap beat outta him, lose a match, and in the eyes of most fans, it was all justified because the a-hole or heel was 'taught his lesson'.

Does that make it okay and fine? Of course not.

But just like most everyday people, everybody is gonna have some sorta racist mentality towards something. Every comedy stand up I've ever seen the dude is saying something about "black people...white people..spanish people...terrorist people...". It's like a common ignorance that most people take joy in being a part of.

I'm sure like most everyday people and comedians, writers of shows like South Park & Family Guy; WWE & Vince mean no real harm when they allow these things to be shown and said (but I can see where people can take offense and they should say something).

I don't think anybody has really been saying anything to Vince about this. Maybe that's why some stuff is allowed to go on the air. He's gonna continue to put it on the air until their is a media backfire like what happened with Muhammad Hassan and the SmackDown controversy.

PS: I'm Mexican and I was like "Aaaaawwww hell naw!!!!" when Super Crazy & Psicosis starting coming out in lawnmowers.

I was like "Really? Lawnmowers? Really Vince?"
laugh.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
tired.gif
Didn't really hurt my feelings, but I was like "There's gotta be 11 year old kids in the audience that probably think that's exactly what they came from doing, Doing some god damn landscaping" *sigh*

farooq-wwe-damn.gif
laugh.gif

you named all types of people and then said terrorist people
i understand what you mean but posting it like that didnt help

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

"black people...white people..spanish people...terrorist people...". It's like a common ignorance that most people take joy in being a part of.
laugh.gif

you named all types of people and then said terrorist people
i understand what you mean but posting it like that didnt help

Plus he said Spanish people, and we all know dude ain't talking about anyone from Spain.
And your hispanic/latino. Tsk Tsk.

My contribution - Tiger Ali Singh

Originally Posted by NoneOfYours25

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Wrestling stereotypes were awesome back then. I loved their use of name-related puns during interviews too! But yeah, the stereotypes had to change kid's perception of races or nationalities. Thanks to the Bushwhackers, I always thought New Zealanders always licked faces. Thanks to Owen Hart I always thought Canadians couldn't fly!
dude thats not even right, but I did chuckle

I'm so ashamed that I laughed at this.

Everybody always wanna argue about something...

I know I'm Latino, not "Spanish", dag-gummit!!

But technically I am Spanish (Grandma)

I was saying that's what comedians are talking like...

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Dude I'm not even messing around but I was watching an old UWF or AWA show from the 80s on ESPN2 recently....and some wrestler named Col. DeBeers refusedto wrestle in the match cause the ref was "colored" ...I really couldn't believe they used that gimmick, was pretty astonishing.

EDIT ...FOUND IT ON YOUTUBE.. Embed isn't working for whatever reason but here it is....

Originally Posted by Buttons McBoomBoom

Dude I'm not even messing around but I was watching an old UWF or AWA show from the 80s on ESPN2 recently....and some wrestler named Col. DeBeers refused to wrestle in the match cause the ref was "colored" ...I really couldn't believe they used that gimmick, was pretty astonishing.

EDIT ...FOUND IT ON YOUTUBE.. Embed isn't working for whatever reason but here it is....

in his gimmick he's South African. that was the time of apartheid (the end of it), his name is DeBeers like the diamond company (South African BTW).

Back
Top Bottom