RAIDER NATION Season THREAD:

9ers fan asking how come we're not bandwagon like them?
Nah son..

I aint like that

I became a real super fan in 2006.

the first year I played high school football I got heavy into the 9ers.

This was the best moment of my sports life 

I will say though, it's so annoying seeing all these random 49er fans popping up everywhere. 

Nah son..

I aint like that

I became a real super fan in 2006.

the first year I played high school football I got heavy into the 9ers.

This was the best moment of my sports life 

I will say though, it's so annoying seeing all these random 49er fans popping up everywhere. 
laugh.gif
 - so anything before that .....

Real talk..

why are you guys still giving a **** about the raiders if they suck so bad

Not tryna hate, I'm asking real talk, you guys should boycott the organization for its stupidity 

i'm glad the raiders only lost by 7 to the seahawks, it means we'll crush Seattle when we get to century 

Also, I'll be in Oaktown for the game in december. 
because we are not 9er fans, we don't come out only if we win. Raider fans are true, 9er's time is over now. you had a nice run, time to come back to reality. 

Wouldn't go as far as saying he sucks but between not making the progress he should, to prancing around with swirls in his hair and those stupid headphones, to lacking accountability at times his act his getting a tad bit annoying.

This is a raider thread though, so on a positive note for you guys, derek carr looks good at times, looks like you guys finally got a qb.

Jerry Rice talking about Jim Harbaugh is more than likely gone at seasons end. Make it happen Mark 
devil.gif

Mark is gonna have to open up the checkbook fat for that one. But I'd rather pay fat than keep getting these nobody head coaches.

It's been said since the season started that Harbaugh is done in SF.

Harbaugh is done in SF. But college schools(Michigan) are also gonna open the check book and let him write whatever he wants. It's jus gonna come down if he wants to stay in the NFL or go back to College...if Raiders have a chance, Mark gonna have to let him do whatever he wants. Also I don't think Harbaugh and Reggie would vibe soooo...

obviously harbaugh would be the better choice between the two.

but rex would be a great fit for the raiders, especially if the raiders let rex be rex rather then try to reel him in like how the jets have done the past few seasons personality wise.  09-10 rex reminded me alot of that old raider persona from back in the day.

like said  in the post above though the decision making and emphasis on the offensive side of the ball can be worked on, but alot of coaches make necessary improvements and apply them in their second job.

I feel like Harbaugh would rather return to college and coach kids without big contracts or having to please a star player or keep NFL egos in check. Both fit the Raider aura, but IMO Rex Ryan would fit better as the players would love him.

Maybe Rex, simply because I have concerns Harbaugh won't cut it in the NFL long term.
I feel like Harbaugh will act like a scorn girlfriend during his next head coaching job, might be even worst if he's in close proximity of the 9'ers.

The Jets teams that made it to the AFC championships is the brand of football I like.

With Jean Quan losing the election. I wonder how that effects coliseum city project
Take this for what it's worth... Q & A session about a week or so ago with Libby Schaff (new mayor of Oakland)...
  •  What are your thoughts on the Coliseum City proposal?
I like the concept of a Coliseum-area development that captures the energy from sports stadiums and supports retail and hotels and other entertainment venues. That said, I'm really scrutinizing the proposition for a football stadium with a retractable roof for the city with the best climate in the world.

I want to see whether (Mayor Quan's) team of developers really has the capacity to pull off this scale of development. The idea that Oakland has not built other enterprises around our sports stadiums to capture that economic potential (is something we need to work on).

Realistically, I can't imagine that we're going to build a third venue (editor's note: she's referring to the potential for a replacement for Oracle Arena). The existing arena will still be a great revenue generator as other, newer facilities (in San Francisco and San Jose) become much more expensive.
  • Do you see keeping the A's and Raiders as mutually exclusive? What are some of the challenges that go along with keeping both teams in the city?
There is enough room for both teams, and my clear priority is keeping both teams. But from an economic point of view, the A's have a larger economic benefit for Oakland that should always be kept in mind. They play more than 80 games a year, compared to 10. But I just want to be clear, I'm a very proud Oakland native; my parents were season-ticket holders for both the A's and the Raiders throughout my life.
  • Any final thoughts on your abilities as mayor, hypothetically, to keep your city's sports franchises in town?
Well, to bolster my Oakland A's cred, I grew up in a family that didn't eat blueberry muffins — we ate Vida Blue-berry muffins.

On a serious note, there is no reason that Oakland should not be able to keep its sports teams. This is one of the most exciting, vibrant, growing cities in the country, and our A's are such an integral part of our city's pride and our city's story. I'm excited that our ownership seems to be recognizing that. I feel like this whole city is pulling for our A's, not just for a winning season but also that they may have a home worthy of our team's greatness.

Last edited:
Yeah she doesn't seem to comment much about the Raiders. Not sure if that means she has inside info regarding the situation or if she would rather just allocate all resources to keeping the A's over the Raiders...

We'll see what happens, which is probably not much...which is the the standard for Oakland Politicians...

I just find it hilarious that Oakland wants to keep the A's but the A's don't want to stay. Oakland wants to keep the Warriors and they got one foot out the door already. The Raiders are the only one willing to at least see what plays out of this situation, yet this new Mayor pretty much blows them off in this interview lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom