Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Vlad's going to Vlad

I'm starting to think he interviews a lot of these young cats, so when they get arrested or killed, he can re-post their vid and really get views.

He does the stock market, so I'm sure he thinks of videos that way.

Petty criminals had no where to flash. A petty criminal isn't buying a BMW. You think Nore had a BMW? They were buying what with their money? Kicks and a chain.

Compare that to now.

What was Treyway Shotti?

Had no where to flash? Fam, they flashed on their blocks, and around their neighborhoods. I heard stories of Alpo and that crew and how they were the big dogs uptown. Whether it be new chains, new threads, or new cars, they would flash “around the way” because that was the scope of their worldview. Big fish in small ponds were who we were talking about. Not the dudes playing the background and supplying.

Shotti is a snitch, along with what seems to be the rest of the treyway cats. Nothing left to say about that.

Had no where to flash? Fam, they flashed on their blocks, and around their neighborhoods. I heard stories of Alpo and that crew and how they were the big dogs uptown. Whether it be new chains, new threads, or new cars, they would flash “around the way” because that was the scope of their worldview. Big fish in small ponds were who we were talking about. Not the dudes playing the background and supplying.

Shotti is a snitch, along with what seems to be the rest of the treyway cats. Nothing left to say about that.

Dude do you not get it or do you just need to mindlessly defend everything and just argue needlessly.

Do you really think I was saying there weren't any sloppy or stupid people back then? You debate dumb stuff.

It's a fact there's big differences in then and now. That's what people are saying.

Alpo, Rich and AZ stood out because they were flashy, because that wasn't normal. It also attracted attention to them, and that's why they didn't last long. Their run didn't last four years. They were in their early 20's. Everyone today is Alpo.

Nobody big or small tries to stay low key now. Thus me bringing up Shotti. Shotti wasn't an underling. Shotti had every reason to fall back. Because people want to be famous regardless if they rap, and the internet and social media allows that.

Flashing on your block versus flashing for everyone in the world to see who doesn't have to step one foot on your block. On your block nobodies going to care, because you're just hurting people who look just like you. You know who doesn't belong. Supreme existed until a cop was killed. Do you think flashing in front of a few hundred who know you is the same as thousands across the country.

The police are doing police work from behind computers. Which takes no effort. A wiretap versus getting text messages?

You keep flipping between underlings and bosses. Underlings weren't doing anything, but surviving, buying diapers and kicks. They weren't living like Alpo. These dudes on the internet are underlings. And they spend all of their money to try to look like bosses and pretend they are. There is no separation with the people running to the cars now and Freeway Rick.

Dude do you not get it or do you just need to mindlessly defend everything and just argue needlessly.

Do you really think I was saying there weren't any sloppy or stupid people back then? You debate dumb stuff.

It's a fact there's big differences in then and now. That's what people are saying.

Alpo, Rich and AZ stood out because they were flashy, because that wasn't normal. It also attracted attention to them, and that's why they didn't last long. Their run didn't last four years. They were in their early 20's. Everyone today is Alpo.

Nobody big or small tries to stay low key now. Thus me bringing up Shotti. Shotti wasn't an underling. Shotti had every reason to fall back. Because people want to be famous regardless if they rap, and the internet and social media allows that.

Flashing on your block versus flashing for everyone in the world to see who doesn't have to step one foot on your block. On your block nobodies going to care, because you're just hurting people who look just like you. You know who doesn't belong. Supreme existed until a cop was killed. Do you think flashing in front of a few hundred who know you is the same as thousands across the country.

The police are doing police work from behind computers. Which takes no effort. A wiretap versus getting text messages?

You keep flipping between underlings and bosses. Underlings weren't doing anything, but surviving, buying diapers and kicks. They weren't living like Alpo. These dudes on the internet are underlings. And they spend all of their money to try to look like bosses and pretend they are. There is no separation with the people running to the cars now and Freeway Rick.

Stopped reading right there. You clearly have never met yourself. :lol:

VARNELL HILL VARNELL HILL a few years ago you were on here talking about frequencies and how that **** play into trap music and negative and positive energies and what not

If you don’t mind could you repost it was either a video or book you posted

I don't remember that exact video I posted (it's gotta still be on here somewhere) but in reference to how sound/frequency effect the brain/body :

I agree with that. There’s only but so much reach we have on the kids who are growing up in these environments on a daily basis. They’re around the hood *****s from early on. That was the case for me growing up. But around my way, the older cats (18-30) would dissuade us from getting involved in the BS. They’d already caught charges and seen the **** for what it was, and even though they were still in it, a lot of cats wanted a different outcome for the lil *****s. We used to get told to go to school, stay away from certain blocks, stay away from certain *****s who were going down that path, etc. **** had an impact on me and my dudes who are still up top, and to this day a majority of us avoided that life. I know my experience doesn’t speak for all of NY, and definitely doesn’t resonate with the country as a whole, but it’s possible.

I guess I’m saying we should hold more of these dudes accountable. Instead of praising the cats who are talking that banging **** and influencing the kids at an early age to the point where they’re doomed from the gate, we should be muting that kind of talk and expose it for the bs that it is. Tax, for better or worse, was a good example of doing that when he was out. Son just couldn’t stay out of his own way, but while he had a platform, he at least encouraged cats to take a hard look at that gang banging stuff and to assess whether the streets really love you or not. He’s a perfect case study.
You can't save everybody either. That's a harsh realitt. You can talk to one of these 16-18 years old dudes all day but if they decide to jump into that life ain't nothing nobody can do. As grown men in our late 20's and early 30's we think all these kids need is a positive role model, nah. It can help but ultimately the decision on him.

I know _'s that had both parents, lived in a nice neighborhood and still went down to DC for the f'ery. I ain't have no father figure but saw what was happening around me and said that ain't for me.

You can't save everybody either. That's a harsh realitt. You can talk to one of these 16-18 years old dudes all day but if they decide to jump into that life ain't nothing nobody can do. As grown men in our late 20's and early 30's we think all these kids need is a positive role model, nah. It can help but ultimately the decision on him.

I know _'s that had both parents, lived in a nice neighborhood and still went down to DC for the f'ery. I ain't have no father figure but saw what was happening around me and said that ain't for me.

Sad reality but you right. :smh:

I was just reading what yall were saying about how dumb kids are today as far as committing crimes go and then I see this on my TL lol

Screenshot_20190710-164121_Facebook.jpg

Back
Top Bottom