Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Don't get me wrong this was a great battle, maybe the best ever and kendrick did some absolutely amazing stuff lyrically. Like quintuple entendres, I don't think I've ever heard anything like that. But at this point I need receipts on both sides otherwise this whole thing is pretty corny in hindsight. I think kendrick could have washed him without the allegations and this was nowhere even close to drakes best work. Making up serious, serious allegations to win a rap battle is just not it, imo.

Gunna project high quality mid halfway through on the airpod listen. Too many songs and he had a chip on his shoulder last album.

Don't get me wrong this was a great battle, maybe the best ever and kendrick did some absolutely amazing stuff lyrically. Like quintuple entendres, I don't think I've ever heard anything like that. But at this point I need receipts on both sides otherwise this whole thing is pretty corny in hindsight. I think kendrick could have washed him without the allegations and this was nowhere even close to drakes best work. Making up serious, serious allegations to win a rap battle is just not it, imo.
Pac blamed Biggie for a whole robbery!
Then proceeded to say he had his wife in doggystyle 🤔

He didn’t win this based on allegations though and I think a lot of people are missing this. Sure it gave us something to fact check but you have to ask who executed it the best? He won straight off of skill.

Why do people keep saying this

So we going to ignore the other stuff Kendrick brought up that has to only do with rap and not allegations of pedo or whatever else…

In other consistent news, Freddie Gibbs is once again getting exposed on the Internets by another potential new baby muvah

I wouldn't put a Grammy past the diss record, at all.

I know y'all remember when the BOY tried to pop slick at the Grammys a few years back and got hit with the "wrap it up" music :lol:

And we all know how "they" hate to be slighted...they'll get you back no matter what :nerd:

take away the allegations what do we have?

kendrick: airing drake out as a colonizer, culture vulture, etc

drake: you have small feet and you're short

Rap beef has never been substantiated in truth or not, it's who has the best lyrics, concepts, execution and ultimately songs.

Faith said she never ****ed Pac, that doesn't make Hit Em Up anything less than a classic record.
Jay vs Nas was full of 🧢 but it didn't take away from the impact and staying power of those records :lol:

Ice Cube lied on MC Hammer's name so much that he published a public apology in XXL :lol:, had to do with Hammer also being with the ****s too on the low, but yea rap beef hasn't changed much sine it's inception.

Before that Common was the one stretching the truth about Cube during their beef.

Been funny getting these revisionist takes and retroactive rule setting

Back
Top Bottom