Ravens will NOT sign autographs for people older than 15 yrs old...

The Ravens pissed off a lot of autograph hounds yesterday when they announced that only kids under the age of 16 will be able to get autographs from Ravens players at training camp. The Ravens cited fan safety as the reason for the change. The players, many of whom are notoriously generous with their time post-practice, get swarmed by eager fans as soon as they approach the velvet — or are they nylon? — ropes at McDaniel College in Westminster.
Link

Personally think it's awesome. Doubt it holds up
laugh.gif

The Ravens pissed off a lot of autograph hounds yesterday when they announced that only kids under the age of 16 will be able to get autographs from Ravens players at training camp. The Ravens cited fan safety as the reason for the change. The players, many of whom are notoriously generous with their time post-practice, get swarmed by eager fans as soon as they approach the velvet — or are they nylon? — ropes at McDaniel College in Westminster.
Link

Personally think it's awesome. Doubt it holds up
laugh.gif

Lol I'm imagining a grown #*% man getting salty over not getting an autograph

Lol I'm imagining a grown #*% man getting salty over not getting an autograph

GOOD. This needs to become the norm around sports...

Adult autograph hounds FTL...

99.9% of The Time the kids are gonna keep the Autographs they get from Players,
if its a common adult lookin for a autograph he's more than likely going to sell it.

99.9% of The Time the kids are gonna keep the Autographs they get from Players,
if its a common adult lookin for a autograph he's more than likely going to sell it.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

This. But it doesn't stop dudes from pimping their kids for autographs. 

Aside from being a, notary, real estate agent, broker, etc...

At a certain point in your life, you should be able to feel when it starts to become kind of inappropriate to ask for a grown man's autograph.

At a certain point in your life, you should be able to feel when it starts to become kind of inappropriate to ask for a grown man's autograph.

Originally Posted by CaptainCrown

No, it won't... But it'll significantly cut down on the number of adults acting like 5 year olds getting upset when a professional athlete turns them away... It's ridiculous.

Originally Posted by CaptainCrown

No, it won't... But it'll significantly cut down on the number of adults acting like 5 year olds getting upset when a professional athlete turns them away... It's ridiculous.

I have no problem with grown people aasking for auto's... But its the hounds / whiners / resellers that tend to ruin everything.

I have no problem with grown people aasking for auto's... But its the hounds / whiners / resellers that tend to ruin everything.

co motherfreakin sign.

when i was a kid it was cool getting peoples autographs but the key words are when i was a kid.

i just don't see the point in getting hyped up off having another mans signature. i used to see jordan farmar on a regular basis and i would laugh when he would get swarrmed by about 30 grown adults begging him for his autograph.  i mean if jordan farmar would have flocks of people following him around the mall, i don't even wanna imagine how it would be for someone like ray lewis.

co motherfreakin sign.

when i was a kid it was cool getting peoples autographs but the key words are when i was a kid.

i just don't see the point in getting hyped up off having another mans signature. i used to see jordan farmar on a regular basis and i would laugh when he would get swarrmed by about 30 grown adults begging him for his autograph.  i mean if jordan farmar would have flocks of people following him around the mall, i don't even wanna imagine how it would be for someone like ray lewis.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Why is it inappropriate? Just because you disagree with the practice?

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

You must not see it from my point of view.   The fact that grown men are getting giddy and excited over some dude's autograph? 

Reminds me of how grown men trying to take away the possibility of a young kid catching a foul ball. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom