Ravens will NOT sign autographs for people older than 15 yrs old...

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

An autograph isn't much different than taking a picture with a player, or of a player, for that matter. To some people, it's just a part of their definition of fandom. Just because you don't see the merits of what makes one adult "giddy" doesn't make it wrong or "inappropriate." Believe it or not, some people just want something to remember an encounter with their favorite athletes.

And that's good for them, but I define my "fandom" by purely being supportive, I necessarily don't need to take a picture or autograph to appreciate them more or less.

There's always a proper time and a place also, I don't like the idea of my "fanhood" taking over my own persona, that's just the way I am, and alot of fans can agree with me. 

Kids will cherish the moment of getting an autograph until they reach the age.  It happens. 

It's always weird to see a 30 year old pushing his way between young guys and girls, to try and get an autograph
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

An autograph isn't much different than taking a picture with a player, or of a player, for that matter. To some people, it's just a part of their definition of fandom. Just because you don't see the merits of what makes one adult "giddy" doesn't make it wrong or "inappropriate." Believe it or not, some people just want something to remember an encounter with their favorite athletes.

And that's good for them, but I define my "fandom" by purely being supportive, I necessarily don't need to take a picture or autograph to appreciate them more or less.

There's always a proper time and a place also, I don't like the idea of my "fanhood" taking over my own persona, that's just the way I am, and alot of fans can agree with me. 

Kids will cherish the moment of getting an autograph until they reach the age.  It happens. 

It's always weird to see a 30 year old pushing his way between young guys and girls, to try and get an autograph
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

You must not see it from my point of view.   The fact that grown men are getting giddy and excited over some dude's autograph? 
You do know that a grown man can request another grown man's autograph without him being excited and giddy.

I think asking to take a picture with someone is arguably worse but that may just be me.

I wouldn't do it because of pride, but to say it is inappropriate isn't fair.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

You must not see it from my point of view.   The fact that grown men are getting giddy and excited over some dude's autograph? 
You do know that a grown man can request another grown man's autograph without him being excited and giddy.

I think asking to take a picture with someone is arguably worse but that may just be me.

I wouldn't do it because of pride, but to say it is inappropriate isn't fair.

While some of you sit there, shaking your heads and claim its inappropriate, I will sit in my living room after work and
laugh.gif
while I look up at my wall and see framed jerseys of Barry Bonds, Steve Young and Jerry Rice with nice signatures on each one of them.

Im a grown $#$ man, and there is nothing wrong with collecting autographs. Period.

While some of you sit there, shaking your heads and claim its inappropriate, I will sit in my living room after work and
laugh.gif
while I look up at my wall and see framed jerseys of Barry Bonds, Steve Young and Jerry Rice with nice signatures on each one of them.

Im a grown $#$ man, and there is nothing wrong with collecting autographs. Period.

Its kind of grimey if you ask me.

I really dont think theres anything wrong with asking another man for his autograph, Especially athletes.

Hell, athletes ask other athletes for autographs, game used shoes n jerseys.

Id rather have a picture than an autograph most of the time depending on the player or if I have something good to get signed.

Autograph hounds ruin it for people that actually want the autographs for themselves.

Its kind of grimey if you ask me.

I really dont think theres anything wrong with asking another man for his autograph, Especially athletes.

Id rather have a picture than an autograph most of the time depending on the player or if I have something good to get signed.

Autograph hounds ruin it for people that actually want the autographs for themselves.

So if you met Kobe you wouldn't ask for his autograph? Just wondering....
I wouldn't and here's why, I'd much rather shake a guys hand tell him I love his game...maybe get a pic if he/she is up to it instead of hounding them to sign a piece of paper.  Granted I've never met anyone of Kobe's caliber but I've met a few singers and ball players in my day and they seem to appreciate the...handshake "I love your music/game..., keep doin it big..." if you aren't in a rush can I take a quick picture so my friends will believe me...and walk away. 

So if you met Kobe you wouldn't ask for his autograph? Just wondering....
I wouldn't and here's why, I'd much rather shake a guys hand tell him I love his game...maybe get a pic if he/she is up to it instead of hounding them to sign a piece of paper.  Granted I've never met anyone of Kobe's caliber but I've met a few singers and ball players in my day and they seem to appreciate the...handshake "I love your music/game..., keep doin it big..." if you aren't in a rush can I take a quick picture so my friends will believe me...and walk away. 

laugh.gif

I don't see anything wrong with getting "a grown man's" autograph.  I swear, I hate this "holier than thou" attitude that proliferates around NT.  Lifting your head up high, with your nose up.  "I'm too good for it".
laugh.gif

I've been fortunate enough to be a part of organizations, and yes the autograph hounds are crazy.  There's a Gary Carter video on Youtube right now that just makes you
smh.gif
@ the guy who is just being an #@% about getting an autograph.

Most of the time, like I've said I have been fortunate, I just visit the clubhouse and approach the player, and he usually signs my ball (They rarely sign jerseys or equipment unless it is for another player).  You will be surprised at the stuff that gets exchanged between clubhouses.  I will not forget Ken Griffey, Albert Pujols and Derek Jeter's lockers being stacked with baseballs, bats and jerseys to be signed....just by players from the Dodgers.  The time the Marlins Clubhouse Manager gave me his AMEX to buy a dozen Manny jerseys in the team store 'cause Hanley, Uggla, etc. wanted Manny jerseys signed.

I don't get giddy, but I think it's cool as hell.  I'm in the process of buying a house so I have all my stuff stored but I can't wait to put up my signed baseballs, bats, jerseys.  Along with the game-used stuff (batting gloves, bats, base).  Properly displayed of course.

I have never bought an autograph, I stood in line in a card show when I was 10 to take a picture with Hank Aaron and Willie Mays once.  I lost the picture
tired.gif

laugh.gif

I don't see anything wrong with getting "a grown man's" autograph.  I swear, I hate this "holier than thou" attitude that proliferates around NT.  Lifting your head up high, with your nose up.  "I'm too good for it".
laugh.gif

I've been fortunate enough to be a part of organizations, and yes the autograph hounds are crazy.  There's a Gary Carter video on Youtube right now that just makes you
smh.gif
@ the guy who is just being an #@% about getting an autograph.

Most of the time, like I've said I have been fortunate, I just visit the clubhouse and approach the player, and he usually signs my ball (They rarely sign jerseys or equipment unless it is for another player).  You will be surprised at the stuff that gets exchanged between clubhouses.  I will not forget Ken Griffey, Albert Pujols and Derek Jeter's lockers being stacked with baseballs, bats and jerseys to be signed....just by players from the Dodgers.  The time the Marlins Clubhouse Manager gave me his AMEX to buy a dozen Manny jerseys in the team store 'cause Hanley, Uggla, etc. wanted Manny jerseys signed.

I don't get giddy, but I think it's cool as hell.  I'm in the process of buying a house so I have all my stuff stored but I can't wait to put up my signed baseballs, bats, jerseys.  Along with the game-used stuff (batting gloves, bats, base).  Properly displayed of course.

I have never bought an autograph, I stood in line in a card show when I was 10 to take a picture with Hank Aaron and Willie Mays once.  I lost the picture
tired.gif

I think it is probably more of "a few bad apples" ruining it for everyone. Because creepy old autograph guy pushing kids away, etc, just gives all people that want something signed a bad name. My guess is that this doesn't last for the Ravens, but if so only through camp regardless

I think it is probably more of "a few bad apples" ruining it for everyone. Because creepy old autograph guy pushing kids away, etc, just gives all people that want something signed a bad name. My guess is that this doesn't last for the Ravens, but if so only through camp regardless

Originally Posted by dland24

laugh.gif

Im with you man. I have autographed jerseys of Dirk, Deion Sanders, LaDainian Tomlinson, and Josh Howard. They are all framed and look nice on the wall. For me personally there are stories to go along with everyone. How did I get it, where was I, stuff like that is cool to think about. I always have asked the person politely and none of them have ever had a problem with signing something.

There is the right time and place for this type of stuff though. I wouldnt ever bother someone out at dinner or something like that. Ive gotten most of mine at events where the person is pretty much there to sign autographs anyways.

Back
Top Bottom