Ray Donovan; new series on showtime

The priest already mentioned before Ray killed him.... he said Ray loved him or something like that.

Bunchy is still a child because they haven't let dude grow up :lol:

Plenty of dudes get their life together after they have a child. With him being able to be more open and not trying to be tough he'll have the best chance of raising a somewhat normal child.

Last edited:
What was ray saying when he started crying to the priest about being molested? That he cared for the priest and wanted to please him?

Yea. It was tough hearing him say that knowing that he was a child at the time. ****** disgusting.

Idk man y'all do remember that other girl he loved died also.

Sounds like u guys are sayin he enjoyed it rather than he allowed it to happen

Ray ain gay. Stop reaching. He was a confused little boy from a ****** up household. The only person that ever showed him an iota of love was pedophile. So of couse he'd feel attached on an emotional level. He saw that doing those things made the priest happy, and having the priest show him much needed affection made him happy so that's how it happened. It's a textbook scenario.

Idk man y'all do remember that other girl he loved died also.

Sounds like u guys are sayin he enjoyed it rather than he allowed it to happen
I believe the writers are insinuating that he enjoyed it and liked it, but they are leaving it up to us as the audience to decide.

(I think) He liked it, even though he was a kid and he was being molested, and that's why he gets so mad when the topic comes up.

That's why he acted the way he did when he killed the priest for Bunchy.

That's why he beat the **** out of the Priest that wanted him to confess because the pure thought of it sent him into a rage because he knows he likes it.

edit: @alexODY  he never made love to the reporter that he loved either. He always beat it up grudge style.

Last edited:
I wouldn't waste time with the Ray is gay theory guys :lol:

Says more about the ppl that interpret it that way than it does about the writers who've outright shown their intent in the scripts or implied with it.

Why waste time on any theory.

Man get out of here with that. Discussing a "gay" theory says nothing about the person/people discussing it as a "theory" other than, that they are discussing it.

If you don't want to participate then cool, don't.

edit: Unsubscribed

Last edited:
Waste time as in bothering to discuss it. At least as in any further than the first time it was brought up. I've see other dude come up with this wild **** before in other threads (Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, etc. Unless I'm confusing dude for the other guy with the wild posts in these threads.)

Some theories are interesting and/or have support. That's why ppl waste time discussing them. Some other theories are baseless and/or completely random. That's how I feel which is why I suggested what I did after the first time it was brought up :lol: Which is why I haven't participated. No need be bent out of shape cuz of my opinion.

As far as this Ray being gay and the two of you's reasons for it and it saying more about you it comes down to you saying Ray as a child secretly enjoyed being molested. You're using being a victim of pedophilia to float this angle of Ray being a closeted homosexual and saying stuff like his anger sex and frustration when faced with ppl saying he cared for his abuser as support. It's offensive and either yall are unaware of that or purposely ignoring it.

Like I said it says more about yall than it does the writers on two levels. One, that you'd think writers would set this up as a story arc. Two, the huge disconnect in this situation with Ray actually caring for his abuser because of his family life and how his abuser treated him and what it actually means to be a homosexual, and a closeted one at that. Glossing over the fact that Ray go sexually abused, is scarred for life, has never really faced his issues about that just to say he must be gay says more about yall. Not the writers. Seems yall got warped perspectives on homosexuality and sexual abuse victims.

Go ahead though with that "theory" discussion or peace.

Last edited:
Ray's shown no signs of being one of the angry closeted gay men. He's been very tolerant, live and let live. Writers never had any intention other than to show how abuse messes kids up.

That said, good finale. Wonder if Mick will find his way back from Nevada . . . I ask stupidly. Also, what is Darryl going to get up to?

Ray ain gay. Stop reaching. He was a confused little boy from a ****** up household. The only person that ever showed him an iota of love was pedophile. So of couse he'd feel attached on an emotional level. He saw that doing those things made the priest happy, and having the priest show him much needed affection made him happy so that's how it happened. It's a textbook scenario.
Bingo not sure how people are interpreting it any other way. He had no father figure in his life, his father was a degenerate who always let him down. The Priest preyed upon a child who had daddy issues and was the only man in his life that cared about him. Pretty open and shut case not sure why anybody else is thinking otherwise. Ray has always handled his business with woman on the show and hasn't showed any other tendencies.

I believe the writers are insinuating that he enjoyed it and liked it, but they are leaving it up to us as the audience to decide.

That's why he beat the **** out of the Priest that wanted him to confess because the pure thought of it sent him into a rage because he knows he li

edit: @alexODY
 he never made love to the reporter that he loved either. He always beat it up grudge style.

I actually meant his other gf in Boston, I think Abby got rly mad one time and said something like "you love her more than me huh?" and dude had trouble answering the question.

Idk the writers insinuating and leaving it to us to decide are almost two different things.

When Ray said he let it happen becuz he cared for him, I think he didn't want to ruin the father/son relationship but I guess the writers do make it so if u want to you can reach for that but there's a lot aspects that go against that notion to exist.

Ray killed the priest becuz he didn't want anybody to know what happened with him and the priest. Him beating up the
Priest was because he just didn't want to confess, so he threw salt in his wounds (also the Priest never suggested them being in love).

So why did terry fight back and NEVER let it happen to him? They were all in the same boat

We saw bunchy deal w the fact he never got help and thought he might be a pedo

But somehow ray magically escapes all the issues bunchy dealt with?

Like aint no grown man gonna molest a kid on some relationship steez unless the kids wanted it or was gay

What they aint go to school as kids, couldnt tell a teacher?

And ****wtbs about "theory says about u" says a lot about u when the topic gets brought up first thing u do is try to shut down discussion :smh:

Last edited:
son really in here suggesting a child could want to be molested :x

what the entire **** fam

I've seen some really ignorant **** in my time here but got damn.

:smh: :smh: the ignorance is astounding.

No child wants to be molested. For many, they don't even know what's happening is even wrong. They're young and impressionable. Many times it's a figure of authority that's doing it, so that just reaffirms the belief that that behavior is normal. And when you partner that with having a ****** household absent of love then it's "natural" for the child to form an emotional bond with their abuser. But that in no way means that wanted it and it doesn't say anything about their sexuality. They're pretty much brainwashed.

Im sayin why didnt he fight back like terry if he aint want it?

He knew it wasnt right but he went along anyway cuz he liked it/the pastor simple as that

I never said he WANTED to be molested, im sayin in his kid mind he wasnt being molested cuz he wanted it, like he said he cared about him

He was a kid. He couldn't give consent. The priest showed him love in an inappropriate way, Ray not knowing what love was because he didn't have it, thought that that was appropriate behavior and reciprocated.

And I'm pretty sure Terry is the oldest. He was probably more hip to what was right and wrong than Ray and Bunch were.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom