Reasons Why Publix Is The Best Grocery Store To Ever Exist

every store manager pulls in 120k a year and bonuses

assistant gets 70k+ bonuses

3 bonuses a year  

department managers get 50k a year , assistant department gets 35k and theres ALOT of departments , grocery,customer service,bakery,produce,meat.deli etc

thats 14 people per store making atleast 40k and theres about 752 stores in florida

"publix stock is restricted: it can only be owned by current or former associates or board members and cannot be sold outside the company without first being offered to the company for repurchase"
I don't know how accurate those figures are. however being that distribution jobs make more than retail (management too). when you factor in the amount of hours retail management has to work. They are taking the L. 

Publix, Harris Teeter, & Whole Foods are the upper echelon of supermarkets.

Had no idea Publix employees were making bank like that :smh:

I make a good amount an hour @ the post office, but I'm gonna look into a FT stocking position over there. Really interested in the stock purchasing options too

I make a good amount an hour @ the post office, but I'm gonna look into a FT stocking position over there. Really interested in the stock purchasing options too

look into pepsi/frito lay also, my cousins bf in jax makes bank driving local delivery trucks for them.

always appreciated publix..

when i lived out in columbus ga, there was winn dixie and piggly wiggly too but those couldnt touch publix..

out here in cali i like fresh and easy the best..and also jensens dont know if all my cali peeps have these tho, also cardenas is also good for that good ol raza comida.

I wouldn't leave the post office for Publix.

^ I'm not directly hired by them. I'm a contractor for them. Wouldn't be the first time I've ditched a contractor; I go where the $ goes

I refuse to shop anywhere else unless absolutely necessary.  They built one about 3 miles from the crib a number of years back and I'm in there literally about 4 or 5 times a week.  

I just can't mess with anywhere else.  Publix is so damn clean man and there is NEVER any clutter in the aisles.  And the staff are all mad friendly and happy.  And the B1G1 deals are lifesavers.  

Honestly, Publix is probably one of the best things about the South.  
laugh.gif
  Not much else I'm gonna miss when we move.   

i used to bag groceries at publix, we weren't supposed to take tips but that never stopped us.

that boy C. Webb hooked my *** up once with a $100 bill, i was ecstatic. 
pimp.gif
in miami back in 2008 frank haith (old university of miami basketball job) wife handed out dem twenties like they was 1's

nice lady

I don't know how accurate those figures are. however being that distribution jobs make more than retail (management too). when you factor in the amount of hours retail management has to work. They are taking the L. 
yup 50 hours a week , 5am start one day , 2pm-close the next , closes at 11 everyday but sunday (10pm) they definitely working for that money 
laugh.gif

"These promotions not only reward associates with bigger paychecks and holiday bonuses, they also make first-time managers eligible for retail quarterly bonuses.  Average earnings range from $45,388 per year for entry-level managers to $114,859 per year for Store Managers."

http://www.publix.com/careers/Stores/Management.do

Last edited:
our store manager was the biggest jerk i have ever met.. we all hated that dude.

we used to call him vince mcmahon cause i swear he did that money walk just like vince.

and he had the dirtiest teeth i have seen in my life.. like straight out of and old western dirty.

he was caked up though.

There's a reason why Publix is only in the south. Y'all would buy fried cardboard if it was in aisle 5.

Here in Cali, there are supermarket chains that simply triumph over the likes of Publix. I mean they build a new Whole Foods here every month and each one is bigger and better than the last. The one I shop at has biodegradable rubber floors and cubbies at the entrance to put your shoes in so you can walk (and do somersaults if you want) barefoot on their soft, luscious floors.

:x @ those antiquated ceilings in Publix. Have those been checked for lead contamination?

:x Processed cookies. Surely those are not made by hand with organic wheat flour. They only hire new Cordon Bleu grads at my local Whole Foods bakery (sup Emily?)

And besides, Publix reads like Pubix. Can't do it. LOL.
View media item 213188

Whole Foods> *

They have better prices on pretentiousness than any other store...they're practically giving it away!

OPs dad must own a Publix

never heard of it

give me Kroger all day, 50 cent Gatorade and Vitamin Waters in the summer>>>>>>>>>>

Yessir. You go to UM as well?
All the Miami/FL heads popping up in here. :lol: Grew up with Publix.

Yea I go to UM for Law. Stay over off Red Road within walking distance to the campus. FL boy my whole life but grew up on the other coast. I love it over here.

Back
Top Bottom