Reebok Big Hurt Retro First Look - via KATC

The only thing on the shoe that would be changed is in the insole.

Possibly the name of the shoe. Depends on if he owns the Big Hurt name or not. If not, Reebok can release it. I just want the shoe to stay the same, don't care about the insole. I need two pairs of each Reebok. MAKE THIS **** HAPPEN ALREADY

Both my pairs arrived today!!!!!......niceeeeeee (fab voice) 
grin.gif

Last edited:

Possibly the name of the shoe. Depends on if he owns the Big Hurt name or not. If not, Reebok can release it. I just want the shoe to stay the same, don't care about the insole. I need two pairs of each Reebok. MAKE THIS **** HAPPEN ALREADY

Of course he owns the logo and name that's why he's suing. He has his own line of beer called big hurt beer. The issue at this point is will reebok be willing to pay the amount that Thomas will require for the shoe to release. Since they already released some pairs reebok will have to pay one way or another. Also, the fact that the shoe has already been marketed with his name he can more than likely require them to pay him regardless if they pull the logo and rename the shoe. My advice if this is a shoe you really want buy them off SNS crooked tongues also has a full size run but at about 60 bucks more than SNS

I'll just wait until they come here. These will sit on the shelves and I want two pairs of each color. I don't care about the name or insoles.

^man I couldn't continue to wait any longer simply because these have been out overseas and on their websites for literally months now and I have yet to see an US retailer pop up with these as of yet. Now it still may happen however you never know what could go down with this whole frank Thomas using reebok for using his name thing. SNS has a very decent price and sizes are running low specifically for the white colorway. You never know...the US might not even see a release for these unless....some reliable source comes in here and gives us confirmation.

All right bros, I got my White/Black Big Hurt retros from SNS today and I caved in and copped the Black/White joints at my local sneaker spot earlier as well because they looked dope on the feet. Those ordering from SNS should bear in mind that they use Fedex so expect to pay customs, state taxes and a handling fee (scam of the century and borderline criminal IMO). Mini review below:

Sizing: TTS for me. I'm a size 10 in the Kami I, Kami II, Attaqs, Shaqnosis, Rail & Question with the exception of the Answer I which I wear 9.5.

Build quality: No defects spotted on my pair - just the random thread here and there that can be snipped off with a scissor. No excess glue stains or other random staining noticed.

Materials: A combination of Durabuck and pleather - the latter of which is disappointing as Reebok retro prices are increasing with every subsequent release. I didn't mind pleather on the Kami II as Reebok priced it quite aggressively at $100 but this horrid material has reared it's ugly head on the Shaqnosis and Kami I. They run half decent full grain leather on some models of the AI Q&As so why not do the same on these? Interestingly the Black/White pair is the better of the two as it has more Durabuck than the White/Pair. If you had to buy only one pair and you despise pleather - then go with the Black/White pair.

Comfort: Reebok with a grand slam again (no pun intended)! Their sockliners and cushioning are amazing and I think this is the reason why they can get away with running some stiff pleather with no penalties. Nike/JB on the other hand opt to 'gut' their retro product and the gutted sockliners with stiff pleather result in ridiculously uncomfortable shoes that tend to 'fold' rather than crease normally.

Price: Could be better based on the materials used. Reebok's also charging 'royalty' type pricing without cutting any royalty cheques to Frank Thomas. I was going to say that these should be copped with some kind of discount but that may not happen due to FT's lawsuit.

All right bros, I got my White/Black Big Hurt retros from SNS today and I caved in and copped the Black/White joints at my local sneaker spot earlier as well because they looked dope on the feet. Those ordering from SNS should bear in mind that they use Fedex so expect to pay customs, state taxes and a handling fee (scam of the century and borderline criminal IMO). Mini review below:

Sizing: TTS for me. I'm a size 10 in the Kami I, Kami II, Attaqs, Shaqnosis, Rail & Question with the exception of the Answer I which I wear 9.5.

Build quality: No defects spotted on my pair - just the random thread here and there that can be snipped off with a scissor. No excess glue stains or other random staining noticed.

Materials: A combination of Durabuck and pleather - the latter of which is disappointing as Reebok retro prices are increasing with every subsequent release. I didn't mind pleather on the Kami II as Reebok priced it quite aggressively at $100 but this horrid material has reared it's ugly head on the Shaqnosis and Kami I. They run half decent full grain leather on some models of the AI Q&As so why not do the same on these? Interestingly the Black/White pair is the better of the two as it has more Durabuck than the White/Pair. If you had to buy only one pair and you despise pleather - then go with the Black/White pair.

Comfort: Reebok with a grand slam again (no pun intended)! Their sockliners and cushioning are amazing and I think this is the reason why they can get away with running some stiff pleather with no penalties. Nike/JB on the other hand opt to 'gut' their retro product and the gutted sockliners with stiff pleather result in ridiculously uncomfortable shoes that tend to 'fold' rather than crease normally.

Price: Could be better based on the materials used. Reebok's also charging 'royalty' type pricing without cutting any royalty cheques to Frank Thomas. I was going to say that these should be copped with some kind of discount but that may not happen due to FT's lawsuit.
i'm still on the fence, I might just wait for the blast though as then I don't need both pairs to make them mismatch

I got hit with zero fees from SNS and I live in the U.S.

I'm starting to think this "issue" with Frank Thomas isn't real and is to generate hype? SNS sold out pretty quick after and sole stop selling out of sizes already :smh:

I'll still be waiting for the next employee appreciation to pick up my 4 pairs.

I'm starting to think this "issue" with Frank Thomas isn't real and is to generate hype? SNS sold out pretty quick after and sole stop selling out of sizes already :smh:

I'll still be waiting for the next employee appreciation to pick up my 4 pairs.

You really think they went through the effort to file a real lawsuit in district court to sell a few sneakers? Lol I highly doubt it. Reebok has done some shady things in the past they were sued for stealing the pump technology

http://www.defynewyork.com/2014/02/...-patent-infringement-of-pump-technology-1993/
and eventually settled out of court so this isn't all to shocking.

Dude might be on to something about this lawsuit being to hype a shoe.

You are telling me they were smart enough to remove shawn kemp name on the kamikaze 2 but not the logo and trademarked nickname of this shoe?

Also are these really retailing for 120?

cleats or nothing for me, i wanted the jordan XII cleat but im not gunna round second and my foot fly through them so id rather go reebok on some cleats

Dude might be on to something about this lawsuit being to hype a shoe.

You are telling me they were smart enough to remove shawn kemp name on the kamikaze 2 but not the logo and trademarked nickname of this shoe?

Also are these really retailing for 120?

Highly unlikely. As to why they didn't put Kemps name on the kamikaze is anyone's guess because he's actually been brought on board with Reebok and has been actively promoting the shoe so it's obvious reebok is paying him.

People screw up all the time Companies like Reebok are no different

Last edited:
Highly unlikely. As to why they didn't put Kemps name on the kamikaze is anyone's guess because he's actually been brought on board with Reebok and has been actively promoting the shoe so it's obvious reebok is paying him.

People screw up all the time Companies like Reebok are no different
At the time they left off Kemp branding he wasn't with the brand as far as I know.  Then he came on board on some point recently last year.

And i cant wait til they retro kamikaze 2 again and this time with kemps name on um.

125 to 130 a pair mark up should be enough to break kemp off a percentage

Back
Top Bottom