Relationship help vol. Ethnic tensions

Kinda off topic but anyone here of west Indian decent find it hard to relate to some African American struggles?
Nope 

I was born here so ive had somewhat of an african american experience outside of my household

and lettuce be cereal. i am black. people aint out chea making discerments like dat

take a nigerian, african american, jamaican and afro latino and put them in the deep south and lets find out how different they are 
laugh.gif

Kinda off topic but anyone here of west Indian decent find it hard to relate to some African American struggles?

??

according to some NTers Ninjahood should have considered himself black because "white people would think he was anyway"

oh, this logic isn't here when you're not dogpiling on someone, huh?

I'm not even sure how that would work unless you also grew up most of your life somewhere in the West Indies and then came to America later in life new to the struggle of black Americans.

??

according to some NTers Ninjahood should have considered himself black because "white people would think he was anyway"

oh, this logic isn't here when you're not dogpiling on someone, huh?
Ninjahood grew up in da heightz.

He can definitely relate to the struggle b.

Last edited:
I was never on that back and forth with him on whether he thought he was white or black. Those arguments were pointless especially with someone was too close minded to admit Dominicans are black.

aNYone aNYone I feel you. Down here it felt like a bubble growing up. Especially when African Americans were so against Haitians. I've heard crazy stories about how it was in NY back in the 70s and 80s.

I was never on that back and forth with him on whether he thought he was white or black. Those arguments were pointless especially with someone was too close minded to admit Dominicans are black.

@aNYone I feel you. Down here it felt like a bubble growing up. Especially when African Americans were so against Haitians. I've heard crazy stories about how it was in NY back in the 70s and 80s.
Oh i feel you and i could definitely see that happening and it seems to be the harshest in schooling years. With the bickering and little jokes kids can be ruthless that ish is disgusting.So even though i didnt experience that bubble i fully understand it. For example when i was going to school there were west indian kids and african american kids but if you were african kids were relentless picking at you 24/7 .Same thing with hispanics there were alot of dominicans and puerto ricans but if you were mexican you were having a rough time.
mean.gif

P.S. My step pops was an immigrant in the 80s ... in NYC... in the bronx 
sick.gif

The stories he has makes my stomach hurt.If you had any kind of accent you were treated like ish especially from the people that looked like you 
tired.gif

Yall been trained to hate each other so much. ITs the saddest thing ever especially when in this country we are all just considered "BLACK". I dont car ehow nice your hair is or how light your skin is. Rashida Jones is black

Yall been trained to hate each other so much. ITs the saddest thing ever especially when in this country we are all just considered "BLACK". I dont car ehow nice your hair is or how light your skin is. Rashida Jones is black
i dont hate anybody. I love you b 
embarassed.gif

Ironically, I don't think you see the genius in your post.
"been trained"... next sentence you take to consideration what 'they' consider us to be.

Day to day we have similar struggles but historical struggles are a bit different though defenitely still coming from a similar feeling.

Example: reparations until very recently wasn't even a concept in the caribbean but we all treated poorly by the cops.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom