"Remember The Sneakerheads"

I don't get why you guys are mad. It seems hipsterish.

Then again by the time I knew the value of a dollar shoes pretty much were the same price they are now.

My mom was into shoes so I been rockin them since birth.

In kindergarten I had a hologram jurassic park watch from burger king, and when my mom bought me a pair of 13's I geeked when I saw the hologram logo on the side.

You couldn't tell me nothin when I hit em with that combo.

Jordan Love Truck >

I remember I was working the All-Star Game in Atlanta when it came through. It was set up right with the Nike Battlegrounds set, which was actually underground. I ended up winning an XBox from there in a video game tourney they had and got to catch 50 Cent perform for free(this is when Get Rich or Die Tryin' first came out and you could hear the whole album from just walking down the street listening to the cars playing the album). I actually still have the trophy I won. :lol:

I don't get why you guys are mad. It seems hipsterish.

Then again by the time I knew the value of a dollar shoes pretty much were the same price they are now.

My mom was into shoes so I been rockin them since birth.

In kindergarten I had a hologram jurassic park watch from burger king, and when my mom bought me a pair of 13's I geeked when I saw the hologram logo on the side.

You couldn't tell me nothin when I hit em with that combo.

This watch¿

View media item 184432

I remember I was working the All-Star Game in Atlanta when it came through. It was set up right with the Nike Battlegrounds set, which was actually underground. I ended up winning an XBox from there in a video game tourney they had and got to catch 50 Cent perform for free(this is when Get Rich or Die Tryin' first came out and you could hear the whole album from just walking down the street listening to the cars playing the album). I actually still have the trophy I won. :lol:
This watch¿
View media item 184432

DAMN

YES!

Hot fire :pimp:

repped.

Stocking kicks never even entered my mind back in the day. It was hard enough to get moms to buy ONE pair at 100+ and I wore them joints daily.
Man I don't stock now. If they only drop every 10-12 years I'm straight, I have plenty shoes that old in great shape. I remember my and my freind came to blows though after i dropped Bar-B-Que sauce on his Columbia's, luckily it was only the on patent but he had already started talking crazy so once he clean that up,  it was on and they got scuffed real good. 

Man I remember my first pair of OGs were the Obsidian XIIs. They sat on shelves for months surprisingly. I cut a lot of grass and wash a lot of cars for em, only to get jacked at the skating rink the next week. Damn shame...

Man I remember my first pair of OGs were the Obsidian XIIs. They sat on shelves for months surprisingly. I cut a lot of grass and wash a lot of cars for em, only to get jacked at the skating rink the next week. Damn shame...
LOL. I remember those days. A herringbone chain, starter jacket and a fresh pair of J's made you a target and I stay in small town Mississippi.

nike factory store has so many gems back in 2003 ,

seeing the 17's for 69.99 after seeing them for 199.99

was a mind blowing experience

^^^ dont you think new colorwaywill tarnish the shoe, i mean look at those 9's that just came out, straight do do butter.

For the people that appreciate the shoes for reasons beyond them being the "it" shoe to have, nothing will ever tarnish them. That goes for any pair of Jordans, Nikes, Reeboks, etc.

JB giving the 11s the same treatment as those 9s will probably result in the decline of appeal of the shoes, but I'd take that over people getting held at gunpoint, robbed, assaulted, or murdered just because of the hype surrounding the one pair a year scheme JB does now.

Remember the days when you heard the 8s were being retroed? JB would leak out the info on what different color ways were dropping and you could pick and choose on which you would cop. You could miss a pair in March because another pair you liked more would be dropping in April or May. Now look at the 11s. One shoe per year means people develope this beastly mentality where they simply have to have the shoe.

I personally would welcome the day I saw a pair of 11s in a sales bin. That meant people considered them "do do butter". That's when we'll know that the hype of being a "sneaker head" has gone away.

Last edited:
I remember 94 retro IIIs and 1s sitting because the OG X was dropping and dudes wasn't buying no "old *** Jordan's". Copped on sale.

I remember being the ONLY guy in what seemed like my school with OG Foams. All because moms saw the ad and liked them.

I remember when lining up 2 hours prior to a release was seen as absurd.

Things have definately changed, just gotta adjust and deal with it.

The shoes that sold out everywhere were the OG Zoom Flight 95s and the Questions. I remember both being sold out in the Bay Area when they first came out.

:lol: I remember middle school folks getting clowned for wearing retro Jordans when the new signatures dropped. I'm talking people rocking 16, 17s, 18s over the 3s, 9s, 8s, etc

And God forbid you still rocked the 16s when the 17s first released, or the 17s when the 18s just hit shelves. People would throw year old, fresh kicks to the back of the closet because they knew wearing them to school when everyone else had the new pairs was social suicide. Walking down having to hear "Gahhhh yah some broke boys! Gahhhhh yah some broke boys!" Before Keef.

laugh.gif
I remember middle school folks getting clowned for wearing retro Jordans when the new signatures dropped. I'm talking people rocking 16, 17s, 18s over the 3s, 9s, 8s, etc

And God forbid you still rocked the 16s when the 17s first released, or the 17s when the 18s just hit shelves. People would throw year old, fresh kicks to the back of the closet because they knew wearing them to school when everyone else had the new pairs was social suicide. Walking down having to hear "Gahhhh yah some broke boys! Gahhhhh yah some broke boys!" Before Keef.
so true....member clowning my boy for wearing hares one time 
roll.gif

Kids these day put these sneakers on the pedestal.

Would like to see pics of the beaters that were spoken of though. Back when I was young I beat the hell out of all my sneakers. Didn't even care. :lol:

Last edited:
Not a single damb was given. Seen a picture of some holes in my original raptor 7s when I was 4. Scratches on the patent leather of my Concords when I was in 2nd grade. Only kicks I really tried to keep up were my og blk/red 13s. Man I miss the days when they were just shoes and not some phenom.

Kids these day put these sneakers on the pedestal.
Would like to see pics of the beaters that were spoken of though. Back when I was young I beat the hell out of all my sneakers. Didn't even care. :lol:
I wore through the rubber sole all the way to the midsole on my black/red XIs. The patent leather was chipped like crazy too.

:lol: I remember middle school folks getting clowned for wearing retro Jordans when the new signatures dropped. I'm talking people rocking 16, 17s, 18s over the 3s, 9s, 8s, etc

"da new jays" :smh:

man i guess i missed out , i wish i got to see the days you guys where talking about

i just turned 18 this year and this is my first year to cop some jordans ( i only have two pairs)

the first pair i got were a present to myself  for graduating and those were the kilroy 9s and i wanted those every since i first saw a picture of them in january of this year 

since i wanted those i decided to do my research on the whole jordan line and liking the brand itself

the second pair i have are the black 10s that released earlier this year that i bought for 100 from a friend that didnt wear them

the thing that irks me is what people will do for them these days like killing for them and robbing folks for them

its not worth a persons life for a pair of shoesi think thats just my generation thats doing it mostly and its crazy i shake my head at them 

i cant even imagine it in the future

hopefully i  can get 3 more pairs 

the black flip 3s 

defining moment 7s 

red and white 13 lows

after that id just want some nike 180 highs

i pray for the pumps version but i cant predict the cost

vans aint bad either 

appreciate yall sharing them shoe memories with a youngin 

peace

I've noticed a new trend.

"Sneakerheads" call other "sneakerheads" "hypebeasts" when the "hypebeasts" buy a pair of shoes that the "sneakerhead" couldn't afford or had a hard time attaining. Months pass and the "sneakerhead" buys the "hypebeast" shoes.

"Hypebeast" and "reseller" are the worst things you can call a "sneakerhead."

^^^^ i feel bad for you youngins but then again if you wanna do it right and this is in my opinion do what you doing now bro, cop the kilroy 9's cop the new colorways and just do your thing, The bad part about the buying now is that hype can crush a release for OG's who just want that feel of going into the stores and coppin those say dan marinos even tho they restocked like twice on the net. I know im apart of it as much as anybody else, it just seems like we do it too our selves these lurker hypebeast just be waiting for the ogs niketalk members to have a rumored release go 15 plus pages and its a wrap come release day. Just typing this im scaring myslef just thinking about when those gloves drop, i know its gonna be some cornball that never even seen GP steal a ball talking these his grails.

View media item 185530
Picked these up for $36. Originals Flints. My second favorite pair of kicks ever made. Gonna try to restore em to their glory. :pimp:

First pair I woke up early for were the retro's back in '05. Was strapped for cash in college so I had to sell em. Picked up the '10 pair, and while the leather on them is some of the best I've seen on Jordans in a very long time, the missing 3M just doesn't feel right.

Last edited:
Internet + these impressionable idiots we call teenagers these days = a dying hobby to a lot of us guys who actually love an era of sneakers

I wouldn't expect this comment from a member who has 2 Chainz as his avatar. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom