removing Thermal Map from Foamposites

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere there was a way to remove the thermal map from the thermal map foams. Anyone have any idea how? I was thinking acetone but I don't know if that would be too harsh. Someone lemme know if you have an idea

Just paint them white, those goofy thermal maps aren't worth anything so you might as well experiment on them. There are a number of youtube vids on how to paint shoes.

i think i saw somewhere someone using acetone to remove it and then repainted

I read somewhere there was a way to remove the thermal map from the thermal map foams. Anyone have any idea how? I was thinking acetone but I don't know if that would be too harsh. Someone lemme know if you have an idea

Yes acetone does it very effectively and its not to harsh. Acetone, rubber gloves, and cotton balls. Don't keep continuously using one ball, it'll over saturate it. It could also take away the natural polish/shine of the foam part so wipe jus firmly enough to remove, don't overdue it with extra scrubbing. Should come right off with no mess! That's the most easy and efficient way I could recommend.

Last edited:
i feel like they would be super fresh with the thermal print removed & a black lace swap. just the solid white upper with the rest of the shoe the same besides black laces. i think if they released like that, they might've sold more. photoshop anyone? 

cottonballs and acetone.

I am looking for a second pair of thermals to make what the "whiteouts" should have been. Except a black bottom, white foamposite, and black upper

The fact that you can do this to a foamposite says a lot
roll.gif

I haven't done it yet. They are my friends foams so I have to make sure he is cool with it because I think thermals are disgusting. While we're at it, is there a way to smoke the soles?

Why would anyone have them in the first place? :lol:

The worst release ever. Tied with the weather map foams :lol: :x

hey what did you do to get these all white. was it acetone? i was trying to do these on my thermals as well

nice! it looks cleaner without that print crap!

i wonder if you can do this with the safaris if it can remove those dots on em, dont know what the base color is and/if it will even stick. but if the base is black and remove all those white dots, would be clean!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom