Return of the NikeTalk Fitted Cap. Help us decide our size distribution and order quantities!

What fitted cap size are you MOST interested in?

• 6 7/8

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 7 1/8

• 7 1/4

• 7 3/8

• 7 1/2

• 7 5/8

• 7 3/4

• 7 7/8

• I don't really want a hat, I just wanted to click something.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

If it's for charity, why not have everyone pledge a certain amount of money to for the charity and have that for a certain time period? That way you raise money you need and would have taken inventory of who participated and asked for their hat size? It works. It's non exclusive and you have to log in to contribute. That probably would have been the best idea. 
This man may have something here. I'd be willing to do that.
Just wanted to post this...
Horrible idea, it'll never work

If it's for charity, why not have everyone pledge a certain amount of money to for the charity and have that for a certain time period? That way you raise money you need and would have taken inventory of who participated and asked for their hat size? It works. It's non exclusive and you have to log in to contribute. That probably would have been the best idea. 

This man may have something here. I'd be willing to do that.

Just wanted to post this...
Horrible idea, it'll never work

:rofl:

I see what you did there...

I told meth about it, and it got ignored. I made that post in July I think. Came back in the thread two months later, saw a similar idea posted by meth in September and quoted my July post (check page 33 in this thread). It got ignored again. No big deal, I even said I didn't want to be "that guy". I try to help the community by giving a solution. It made sense, but I guess it was a bad idea. 

I told meth about it, and it got ignored. I made that post in July I think. Came back in the thread two months later, saw a similar idea posted by meth in September and quoted my July post (check page 33 in this thread). It got ignored again. No big deal, I even said I didn't want to be "that guy". I try to help the community by giving a solution. It made sense, but I guess it was a bad idea. 

Very easily could have been the first 275 who pledge $50 bucks are entitled to a hat... PBS style... $100 gets you a hat and a 1:24 Cam's Skyline diecast... And $500 gets you NT denim....

****, someone could get a burner phone and we could do it by call in only... Gotta announce your NT Name and be left in hold while they look you up...

Last edited:

Very easily could have been the first 275 who pledge $50 bucks are entitled to a hat... PBS style... $100 gets you a hat and a 1:24 Cam's Skyline diecast... And $500 gets you NT denim....

****, someone could get a burner phone and we could do it by call in only... Gotta announce your NT Name and be left in hold while they look you up...
laugh.gif

You don't want to be "that guy" and yet... you keep talking about it.  

Listen, caps cost money.  If you donate to $100 to a charity, that doesn't allow Cap City to recoup the cost of producing and shipping your cap.  

We pitched a cross-subsidized model, which actually does make sense, with the idea that the first, say, 10-20 people to give $100 or more to our last group fundraiser would effectively pre-purchase the cap, but Cap City wasn't interested.  

You can't do it for the ENTIRE group because they're FITTED HATS.  Charities don't offer a storefront with a real-time inventory system.  Someone would wind up paying $100+ only to discover that their donation was non-refundable and their cap size had sold out.  Try telling them that it's a good idea then.  

It's only possible if you have a small quantity you KNOW you can fill regardless of the size distribution - and includes a small overflow in the event that "orders" are accidentally placed beyond your limit.  The bulk of the units would still need to be sold via traditional ordering, both to cover the costs of the "pre-sold" inventory and to ensure size availability.  

And, no, before you ask: we're not going to have people "pre-buy" these 12 months in advance.  We've pre-sold t-shirts before and the response has always been MUCH weaker than a live sale.  Beyond that, issues can come up during production that could delay the product or force various changes.  

We'd initially planned mulitple colorways of the original NikeTalk fitted cap, for example, but were unable to produce more than one due to stocking issues with the material color we needed.  Had we pre-sold those caps, it would've been a nightmare.  

sweet response but again, im not attacking nor blaming you...

and im far from the only person complaining so no point in singling me out.
This is a release you begged for, our team and the Cap City team put in a LOT of work to make that happen... we've experienced a few minor setbacks prior to launch and suddenly the whole thing was "garbage?"  
eyes.gif

You deserved to get called on that.  

It's not like any of us need to be told that the accidental listing was an accident.  It happened.  The mistake was corrected.  We move on. 

I don't blame anyone for wanting the best, but wanting something and doing something are distinctly different things.  We all want the best.  Some of us are doing our best to try and make that happen.  I don't think a little patience and understanding are too much to ask for.

Cap City didn't have to finance this order and make all the arrangements with New Era.  They didn't have to agree to close down the store to ship these.  They didn't have to subject their website to the strain of the online launch.  We could've made fewer and sold them for more money.  We could've made none at all and saved ourselves a huge headache.  We could've sold them for profit and personal gain.

The first release was a 10th anniversary item.  We didn't have to do this again to try and satisfy those who missed out.  We certainly didn't have to give some of them away at our own expense during the holiday season.  

That's all garbage? 

It's unfortunate that the complaints about this release have been louder than any words of support or appreciation.  It's difficult to keep those responsible for this release energized when all they get for their trouble is abuse.  

This one's going out to those fellow members who've been true supporters of the community.  We're doing the best we can and we're doing it for you and the Equal Justice Initiative.  

I'm not here to please NikeTalk's answer to Veruca Salt.  

So no go tomorrow?

Or should I be alert just in case
nerd.gif
We'll provide approximately 24 hours advance notice. 

For whatever it's worth, I don't have any caps on hand yet but I've been told they run pretty true to size.  

Ok. So just to be clear...
This hat is gonna be made of the same material as the last one?
Yes.  The cap is made from cotton twill.  Again, I don't have one on hand to compare at the moment (I'll receive ONE for myself, like anyone else), but we requested the same material and, from what I've seen thus far, I believe that to be the case.  

It looks like they turned out great.  I look forward to seeing the end product for myself.  
Just cancel the whole thing then meth.
View media item 1305495   

You don't want to be "that guy" and yet... you keep talking about it.  
Only tried to give a suggestion for the community. Nothing more.

You gave it ages ago.  Now you're just harping on it for some reason, even after the issues with it have been explained.  

It's not some silver bullet that would've solved all our problems.  The staff didn't just ignore the perfect solution to make everyone happy.  

It was an idea that did not work for the product.  We tried our best to develop a limited pre-order solution with a strong charitable benefit, but, for that to work, it would have to work for the distributor and, in this case, it did not.  

I'm not sure what else you expect me to do at this point.  

You wanted fitted caps... we produced the same cap (without the patch) in the same materials with the same distributor.  We made as many as we possibly could - TWICE the first allotment.  We worked to limit the release of information to give our regular members an advantage.  We held a contest to give some away.   

I guess no good deed goes unpunished. 
All the complaining and whining about this hat has really turned me off on purchasing
That would be a shame, because the people who ARE genuinely appreciative are exactly the ones we put all this together for. 

You gave it ages ago.  Now you're just harping on it for some reason, even after the issues with it have been explained.

beh235 beh235 Didn't bring it up... I was looking through earlier pages looking for something, and came across his post... I thought it sounded good, along with a few people other in thread...

I would say we all appreciate the work that went into producing these hats and the man hours it has taken to do it... Doing a fitted New Era is the only right way to go about it...

I woulda also say that the majority of the complaints are directed at ecapcity for the way they've handled this launch... And the way they've handled their mistakes along the way...

Soooooo....True to size or a little bigger? Not tryna cop and it be snug or big :lol:

All in all, the time up to the release has been decent aside from those whom shall remain nameless droppin the ball a few times. Kinda glad that we only get so little notice since they might've actually spilled the beans :lol: We all know that other site is waitin to cop too.

I just want a fitted. Let me pay $50 for my size, a year, hell, a decade in advance and I'll give you my shipping and billing info. If it gets cancelled or whatever, then oh well, donate it to charity. Don't understand why that was so hard to do from the beginning. If people weren't willing to do that, then they should have to deal with the annoying online release where only people with bots will get it.

I already know the week of release I'll go on Twitter to see a couple NTers I won't name posting pics of their 3 hats.

But yes Meth, I do appreciate the thought and effort that has gone into this hat. If I don't get mine, then I hope another actual NTer will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom