Richmond, VA man commutes 7 hours total each day for his "dream job" in DC.

Well in 2014 there an absolute **** ton of new $600,000 condos and million dollar homes, and the "affordable" less desirable areas now start at 1300 a month for studios and ****. Its a definite effort to price the lower class out, anything income based won't stand for long. Especially when they are literally across the street from the home you just paid a mil for.

That means absolutely nothing when the amount of low income people coming to the area is driving down the aggregate median income. The people with money are still going to have it and spend it. But there are more poor people here then ever before. Fairfax County used to be #1 or #2 on the richest counties list, now we're #5. The amount of kids with free or reduced lunches in our schools have gone up. So forget about property development, there will always be people here to afford them. But there are now even more people here that can't. This is a fact.

Last edited:
Fairfax poor aren't DC transplants, they have been and still are immigrant communities. Which was the original issue at hand.

NoVa has also always had a large Hispanic population and also continues to increase which may offset the income levels but may not be a result of gentrification of D.C. and Maryland but  I'm just speculating

The Alexandria population was 139,966  in 2012 compared to 128,283  in 2000. The Alexandria, VA population has increased by 9.1% from 2000 to 2012. 

http://www.areavibes.com/alexandria-va/demographics/

Not originally from here but the heck is there to do in MD??

VA>>>MD
(DC metro area)
the same question is asked by everyone from MD and DC, what's there to do in va?

everything fun and nice happens in either maryland or dc, very rarely in va, reason why nobody cares bout you guys

It is not just immigrants anymore. Displaced DC residents are also here. They are contributing to the median income decline. It's three main groups, immigrants, displaced dc residents, and young millenials living with their parents still.

These stories got me :wow:

Questions for my DMV cats

1. Nova = villanova? Or north Virginia?
2. Is the geography what's keeping the costs rising?

For instance, IB San Fran and NY... It's on a damb island, or water is a huge deterrent to expanding.

Here in Texas, they just keep building north.

3. Is it worse than NY and SF?

4. What the black yambs looking like it there?

5. What's Baltimore like? I only know it from the wire. Still ****** up how Omar went. :smh:

Not originally from here but the heck is there to do in MD??

VA>>>MD

(DC metro area)
the same question is asked by everyone from MD and DC, what's there to do in va?
everything fun and nice happens in either maryland or dc, very rarely in va, reason why nobody cares bout you guys

Man, step out of your bubble. You sound ignorant. There is PLENTY to do in VA. Not even gonna waste my time listing things, but you need to get out more.

These stories got me :wow:

For instance, IB San Fran and NY... It's on a damb island, or water is a huge deterrent to expanding.

5. What's Baltimore like? I only know it from the wire. Still ****** up how Omar went. :smh:

NoVA = Northern VA. Wealthy, wealthy, wealthy....pretty much all there is to it.

1. Northern Virginia.
2. The federal government keeps the area prosperous.
3. It's more affordable than those areas.
4. Minimal. You have to go to Prince William, DC, Maryland to find an abundance of black women.
5. Baltimore isn't part of the DMV. It's its on beast. But it's terrible. Squalor and hopelessness everywhere.

Not much for black yambs in northern va, maybe woodbridge. DC and pg county MD/Baltimore have top notch physical specimen. From my experience barely any in between though, she's either ratchet or miss independent career woman.

These stories got me
eek.gif

5. What's Baltimore like? I only know it from the wire. Still ****** up how Omar went.
mean.gif
1.NoVa stands for north virgina, so basically north east part of virgina most closest to dc.

2. it's more like everyone either works for the federal governent round here or somewhere extremely in dc or near it.

3. i wouldn't say it's worse then ny or sf but in terms of traffic yes, cost of living i'd say there bout the same or around each other

4. all the black yambs are in dc and pg( mostly in pg is where you find the black yambs who are bad af)  and i'd say in parts of MoCo like silver spring

5.baltimore is in no way shape or form part of the dmv at all, DMV stands for basically the metro area of dc, so DC,MoCo,PG, and NoVa

1. Northern Virginia.
2. The federal government keeps the area prosperous.
3. It's more affordable than those areas.
4. Minimal. You have to go to Prince William, DC, Maryland to find an abundance of black women.
5. Baltimore isn't part of the DMV. It's its on beast. But it's terrible. Squalor and hopelessness everywhere.
Pretty sure there are tons of Black women in Northern VA sir.

PG got cheaper housing, but your either right in the hood or across the street from it.

Well idk where ur located at per say in NOVA. And with all the beautiful West and East African women in NOVA....
i've stumbled round NoVa every now and again and it's mostly snow bunnies, NoVa as a whole is equivalant to bethesda/chevy chase

i lived in NOVA there are a lot of black women but you can catch them out in DC on the weekends...

Not saying there aren't, know a bunch in Alexandria, but not compared to DC/pg.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom